It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne Chemwebs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is anyone here from Melbourne and can confirm that this is not some kind of natural phenomenon down under. I never saw something like this but i surely hope he will test the samples he collected and show us the results. It would be great if more people could collect that stuff and say what it is.

Did anyone ever do that?

edit on 3-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
here is more...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the vid. Very odd indeed. We get some webs here in the south from time to time but nothing like that. Really strange that they're falling from the sky it seems.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a natural phenomena unless someone has attacked the area with silly string.
My guess is; -Spiders hatching in the grass or -Tree releasing all its seeds

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thanks for this, this is news to me as i have never seen any of these chemwebs here ever. I'm a photographer as a hobby so i am very aware of my surroundings. The location shown in that youtube seems to be an outer suburb of Melbourne.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantom150
I'm pretty sure this is a natural phenomena unless someone has attacked the area with silly string.
My guess is; -Spiders hatching in the grass or -Tree releasing all its seeds

That was my thought also, just seems to be way too much of the stuff to be just spider webs. Most defiantly a tree releasing its seeds is my guess.
edit on 29-7-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
my god it really gets sick if one diggs deeper. I am normally not so much the chemtrail believer but the information changed since i last informed myself..now there seem to be more information.

here is a sample analysis (starts at 4.55)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Plenty of spiders to be found in Victoria Australia

museumvictoria.com.au...

I started on the second video you posted and found CARNICORN...

Known HOAXER...Sorry I wasted bandwith use on that...
edit on 29-7-2012 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

I think its called "Ballooning", a method that various spiders use to travel whereby they use the web to catch the wind and blow them about.

I guess it sure beats walking if your just a little guy.

How spiders fly hundred of miles
Spider Ballooning
Ballooning (spider)

edit on 29-7-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is another one from Melbourne, this one shows a better sample & see how big it is compared to a say a spider web, it's more like a piece of cotton thread

This is really odd, rest assured if i see this stuff about i will examine it my self & fill you in guy's

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

These are not spider webs........

something is being sprayed high up, watch for any chemtrails. I also read somewhere they are spraying something above our atmosphere to block the sun from the heat.

worldtruth.tv...
edit on 29-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

So he sees them all the time, calls them chemwebs and dun dun duuuunnn it's something odd?

ump to: navigation, search

Ballooning is a term used for the mechanical kiting[1][2][3] that many spiders, especially small species,[4] as well as certain mites and some caterpillars use to disperse through the air. Many small spiders use gossamer or especially fine silk to lift themselves off a surface or use the silk as an anchor in mid air.[5] The very fine silk used for ballooning has been called "gossamer" since 1325[6] and was not originally known to be produced by spiders; by extension, the same word is used metaphorically for any exceedingly fine thread or fabric. Biologists also apply the term "balloon silk" to the threads that mechanically lift and drag systems.

A spider or spiderling after hatching[7] will climb as high as it can. The spider then stands on raised legs with its abdomen pointed upwards. This is known as "tiptoeing".[8] After that, it starts releasing several silk threads from its abdomen into the air, which automatically form a triangular shaped parachute.[5] The spider can then let itself be carried away by updrafts of winds, where even the slightest of breeze will do.[5][8] Most rides will end a few metres later, or a spider can be taken up into a jet stream, which depends on its mass, posture,[9] the convection air current, drag of silk and parachute to float and travel high up into the upper atmosphere.[10]

Many sailors have reported spiders being caught in their ship's sails, over 1600 km[11] from land (Heimer 1988). They have even been detected in atmospheric data balloons collecting air samples at slightly less than 5 km (16000 ft) above sea level.[12] Apparently it is the most common way for spiders to invade isolated islands and mountaintops.[11][13] Spiderlings are known to survive without food travelling in air currents of jet streams for 25 days or longer.[4]

It is generally thought that most spiders heavier than 1 mg are not likely to use ballooning (Suter 1999). Also, because many individuals die during ballooning, it is more unlikely that adults will do it than spiderlings. Adult females of several social Stegodyphus species (S. dumicola and S. mimosarum), weighing more than 100 mg and with a body size of up to 14 mm, have however been observed ballooning using rising thermals on hot days without wind. These spiders use tens to hundreds of silk strands, which form a triangular sheet with a length and width of about 1 m (Schneider 2001).

And if he's scared of that, poor soul should never look at this!

news.nationalpost.com...

But next up for the "ZOMG LOOK WOTS I FOUNDED!!" award is...

Oh dear...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've seen this before here in Kansas, not a common phenomenon to witness but I definitely remember seeing this many times during my childhood. It's really quite beautiful when the sun hits the webs at the right angle. Migrating spiders is all it is.
edit on 7/29/2012 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've lived in many areas around Australia but I've never seen anything quite like this. It does seem to me like a bit too much to be attributed to some ballooning spiders, I think he is right about that. The line he leaves through the field is pretty amazing, it's clear to see there's a lot of web material in that field.

What I find most interesting is some of the accounts on ATS about chemwebs. I remember first reading about chemwebs several years ago on ATS and people were saying that often occur after chemtrails appear in the sky. The trail spreads out and diffuses into a wispy web like material and falls to the ground.

Quite frankly I'm not convinced of it being spider web...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If the CHEMWEBS were FALLING from the sky, then why is it just on the patch of grass, not on the trees or on the house in the back ground? and when you look behind you, guess what NO CHEMWEBS! on the grass.
Why is this so?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

Did the maker of this video perform an analysis of the material that is seen on the grass and his hand?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You must not have seen the spiders escaping the floods earlier this year?

ETA: See the pic posted by mainidh?
edit on 29-7-2012 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by MegaSpace

Did the maker of this video perform an analysis of the material that is seen on the grass and his hand?

Didn't watch it far enough to see if he did or not, i stopped right where he mentioned name of place in Melbourne. I'm hoping on going there this week to see for my self, i'm very curious. He mentioned the name of place as being at Hoppers crossing which is just outer Melbourne.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi i live in rural vic and this plastic like substance fell from the sky a couple of times, a while ago . I looked at the picture and its the same stuff .It looks like spider webs ,on closer inspection it looks like some sort of cotton material, then when you gather some up it rolls up like plastic. I did gather some, and wanted to take it to the chemist, for testing, to find out what it was. However that probably costs money, something i dont have. When this happened none in town took any notice and the stuff was streaming down everywhere. I wrote about this in someone eles thread .I dont know how to paste/ link it in here .The thread started with the words Mysterious white goo ect, you can check it to see. Why was i the only person to question it everyone else seemed to be pretending it didnt happen.It has been suggested to me that its from chemical burn offs. cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This really reminds me of this one documentary I saw...I forget the name of it but I'm sure someone here will have seen it...It was about nano technology and how far progressed we are with it, but yet the one major catastrophic problem with it is that the live nanos would create a waste that they claimed would just endlessly be created and fill the world with it.

This is honestly what it reminds me of what it reminds me of what if they went too far with testing, took theory into action and created something they can't control like was said would happen....just an idea.

There could totally be another logical explanation for this, but it's still interesting to think about.

<<   2  3 >>

join