It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents warned: 6-foot lizard loose in Colorado

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
A pic

etc

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So, catch it and make it a pet. I used to have a pet monitor lizard when I was a kid. I gave it away when it got too big.

edit on 29-7-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I wonder if its name is Donald Rumsfeld.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Give him to me!!

I will love him, and hug him, and I will call him George.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thats looks like half of Congress

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I was thinking of a pair of shoes, belt and handbag myself

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The owner isn't being honest; a Nile monitor lizard is not a tame pet! they are pretty aggressive by nature. Not as bad as a komodo, but enough to be dangerous, and yes, they can and will eat pets (maybe small kids, too!). Really hope they can locate this one.

Florida has it BAD these days. Invasive snakes and lizards are way past the Everglades; clear up to the central part of the state, and that was some years back when I was down there. Just a few years ago, they caught an African rock python in St, Pete. I am more than half convinced we had some large snake in our plumbing, too. The shower acted, well, weird. Drained perfectly fine one day, very slowly the neck, fine again later. No normal clog behaves like that; it was like something was in there. Had an interesting "burrow" near the fence, too.

The monitor lizards in Florida are very hard on the local wildlife, and dangerous. Hard to imagine someone having one six feet long as a "pet"!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

it will be someones pet Komodo Dragon that has escaped, they will take a number of animals, they have bacteria in their mouth, they bite and leave the animal to die of bacterial poison, then walk up and eat it, it is not a stand up humanoid type lizard, behave yourself

Wee Mad

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This doesn't sound right anything thats 6 feet long can't be only 25 pounds.
Maybe 250 pounds ( ha ha) those things are pretty solid??? Well I hope I am wrong I would hate to run into a 250 pound
lizard sunning it self in my back yard.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This sounds like a pet iguana.
A pet iguana cannot eat a dog... not a big dog anyways (maybe a small one, in which case, get a couple of those yippy things off the planet).

I want to has it, :3, 6 foot iguana would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis

Originally posted by pointr97
You guys are being a bit jumpy, the OP didn't jump to aliens....you guys have aliens on the brain.

reptilian (rɛpˈtɪlɪən)

— adj
1. of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of reptiles
2. mean or treacherous; contemptible: reptilian behaviour

— n
3. a less common name for reptile

I always taught that reptilians were humanoids with reptile resemblance. My bad.
edit on 29-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL funiest thing i read all night wow i couldn't stop laughing out loud actually

edit on 29-7-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: typo due to laughter

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
perhaps it's time to update the map of Colorado state?

the new one bearing the legend: "Here be Dragons..."

by the way, the size of a reptile is only constrained by how much food is available to it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
I have an interest in this kind of story, had high hopes for this one but you lost me at....

Originally posted by rootbranch2012Jeremiah 9

I mean, sure the line about Basilisks (one of my favourite lizards) is relevant (if you're into that kind of thing). But I'd much prefer to hear your opinion on the story rather than a quote from the most ridiculously over rated book ever written (and I don't mean 50 Shades of Grey or even Twilight!) *sigh*

lol i'm a pantheist myself
but thought the quote apropos

though a bit overlong though.

problem is given the state and priorities of education these days rootbranch [or anyone else for that matter]was hardly going to be able to quote from Kipling or Bullfinch's Mythology .

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
LMAO.... A 6 ft Lizard is a common occurrence in Australia... No biggie!

IRM

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
6 foot lizard? I have 13 ft alligators living in m back yard that would eat PEOPLE! I do agree about poor Colorado though. I've always dreamed of living there.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow, it's beautiful! Can I have him?

As much as I love lizards, I do hope they catch it so it doesn't cause on any harm. I just hope they can release it to its natural envirement wherever he comes from.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I had a Goanna creep into my tent one night camping down in the Shoalhaven. I'm not sure who got the bigger shock, me or him
. I heard a weird scraping sound and when I realised something was in the tent I sat bolt upright, the bloody thing jumped about a foot in the air, backed out and scurried away. He would have been about 6 foot at least.
edit on 29/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Someone beat me to a pic, but I'm the first one with a video of a monitor lizard vs a croc:

edit on 29-7-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I saw this exact episode of Phineas and Ferb last night. Must be a Disney based conspiracy...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
looks like someone brought that lizard in a boat from Jurassic Park and it got loose

<< 1    3 >>

join