It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents warned: 6-foot lizard loose in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

www.miamiherald.com

By STEVEN K. PAULSON
Associated Press

DENVER -- A sheriff has warned residents in a tourist town northwest of Colorado Springs that a strong, aggressive 6-foot lizard that eats small animals - including dogs and cats - is on the loose in the area.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
(visit the link for the full news article)

Slideshow of Reptile Being Sought
edit on 29-7-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: photos

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Residents warned: 6-foot lizard loose in Colorado? I have no idea what's going on over there, but it looks like Colorado is in the news again. From wildfires, to illuminatis, to massacres - 6 feet reptilians come as n surprise.

Jeremiah 9
17 For, behold, I will send serpents, basilisks, among you, which will not be charmed; and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.

18 Though I would take comfort against sorrow, my heart is faint within me.

19 Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people from a land far off: 'Is not the LORD in Zion? Is not her King in her?'--'Why have they provoked Me with their graven images, and with strange vanities?'

20 'The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.'

21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I seized with anguish; I am black, appalment hath taken hold on me.

22 Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

23 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

www.miamiherald.com

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

Does it have a red tongue?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
"Illuminati" is already plural of the singular "illuminatus"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Is it possible they mean somebodies pet alligator is on the run?

Kamodo dragon?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rootbranch2012
6 feet reptilians come as n surprise.

No. Why did you make a jump from 6 foot Lizard to alien reptiles?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

I think you might just be overreacting a bit.

Its just a lizard, no worse than a crocodile or aligator but you're talking about it like its some sort of dinosaur or Godzilla sent here by Satan himself lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

www.miamiherald.com

By STEVEN K. PAULSON
Associated Press

DENVER -- A sheriff has warned residents in a tourist town northwest of Colorado Springs that a strong, aggressive 6-foot lizard that eats small animals - including dogs and cats - is on the loose in the area.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

You jumped from 6 foot lizard to 6 foot Reptilian (humanoid). Why?

spearmint, i did not see your post. Sorry

edit on 29-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Kamodo dragon?

The second sentence in the article says it was a 25-pound pet Nile monitor lizard.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Oh..thank you.....I should go to sleep...

I think they will survive this then.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You guys are being a bit jumpy, the OP didn't jump to aliens....you guys have aliens on the brain.

reptilian (rɛpˈtɪlɪən)

— adj
1. of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of reptiles
2. mean or treacherous; contemptible: reptilian behaviour

— n
3. a less common name for reptile

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I can think of an awful lot of lizards bigger than 6 feet that eat pretty much anything. People, cows, deer, cats dogs, garbage. Ever heard of an Alligator? What about a crocodile? They quite commonly measure 6+feet. In fact a lot of them measure upwards of 9feet. I think the largest ever caught was 21 feet long. That's freaking huge! considering an Alligator at 10 feet can weigh upwards of 650lbs.

Now, as for large Reptiles/lizards, Snakes can be enormous! Many people don't realize how big certain species of snakes are. Now it may seem like an odd thing to hear of a reptile on the loose in colorado, but then again I'm not from their and all I know it's relatively mild, and of it's cold mountains. So reptiles seem odd, so that being said a 6 foot reptile sounds like an escaped pet.

Ooooo look out.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
You guys are being a bit jumpy, the OP didn't jump to aliens....you guys have aliens on the brain.

reptilian (rɛpˈtɪlɪən)

— adj

— n

I always taught that reptilians were humanoids with reptile resemblance. My bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
wouldnt that be a crocodile.. or a alligator

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
From the article - this is a *Monitor lizard*

Originally posted by timetothink

Kamodo dragon?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Or humans indoctrinated into the reptilian culture. Or reptilians disguised as humans. Or humans disguised as reptiles.

Originally posted by CompisMentis

reptilian (rɛpˈtɪlɪən)

— adj

— n

I always taught that reptilians were humanoids with reptile resemblance. My bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Or humans indoctrinated into the reptilian culture. Or reptilians disguised as humans. Or humans disguised as reptiles.

Originally posted by CompisMentis

reptilian (rɛpˈtɪlɪən)

— adj

— n

pointr97 you were saying?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
I can think of an awful lot of lizards bigger than 6 feet that eat pretty much anything. People, cows, deer, cats dogs, garbage. Ever heard of an Alligator? What about a crocodile? They quite commonly measure 6+feet. In fact a lot of them measure upwards of 9feet. I think the largest ever caught was 21 feet long. That's freaking huge! considering an Alligator at 10 feet can weigh upwards of 650lbs.

Now, as for large Reptiles/lizards, Snakes can be enormous! Many people don't realize how big certain species of snakes are. Now it may seem like an odd thing to hear of a reptile on the loose in colorado, but then again I'm not from their and all I know it's relatively mild, and of it's cold mountains. So reptiles seem odd, so that being said a 6 foot reptile sounds like an escaped pet.

Ooooo look out.

The second sentence in the article says it was a 25-pound pet Nile monitor lizard.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have an interest in this kind of story, had high hopes for this one but you lost me at....

Originally posted by rootbranch2012Jeremiah 9

I mean, sure the line about Basilisks (one of my favourite lizards) is relevant (if you're into that kind of thing). But I'd much prefer to hear your opinion on the story rather than a quote from the most ridiculously over rated book ever written (and I don't mean 50 Shades of Grey or even Twilight!) *sigh*

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
My thoughts aren't coming easily on this. Serpents have been roaming Florida now for years. Because it's the Everglades, people don't really pay much attention. When it's a more populated area, people will sit up and take notice. Especially should this particular reptile not return, find a mate and propagate the species.

Originally posted by djz3ro
I have an interest in this kind of story, had high hopes for this one but you lost me at....

Originally posted by rootbranch2012Jeremiah 9

I mean, sure the line about Basilisks (one of my favourite lizards) is relevant (if you're into that kind of thing). But I'd much prefer to hear your opinion on the story rather than a quote from the most ridiculously over rated book ever written (and I don't mean 50 Shades of Grey or even Twilight!) *sigh*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join