It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexploded bombs found on two different ships, England (Olympics?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Unexploded bombs found on two different ships, England

www.bbc.co.uk

Thirty-nine people were evacuated from two vessels in Kent after suspected unexploded shells were found.

A 100m exclusion zone was also put around Sheerness Harbour on Saturday afternoon after two separate calls.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is very suspect in that two different ships find two different unexploded munitions. One a catamaran and a 90m cable layer ship, two different sized shells.

One interesting thing is that if you are false flag inclined, this incident is not far from the wreck of the USS Richard Montgomery. The ship which has tons of high explosives on board that someone on ATS thought could be a possible false flag target.

If the munitions on the Montgomery were exploded with help from another blast, it could possibly send a tsunami wave up the Thames towards London?

Anyway this is interesting news as it could be dangerous, many unexploded bombs litter the Thames.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Makes you wonder how many "unexploded bombs" remain to be found.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
FALSE FLAG!

Why not?

All the cool kids are tossing it around like old popcorn ...

Seriously though.

With so much back and forth and everybody and their brother either a threat or perceived threat how would one know what is a legitimate situation?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Liknk to Department for Transport statement

No-one is saying where the bombs came from, who found them where. Must only have come from the bottom of the sea whilst cable laying. But how does one end up on a catamaran

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is the thread False flag method Olympics 2012 update I am relating to about the USS Richard Montgomery.

How come hardly anyone is taking notice of this?

Wifibrains, if you are out there reading threads, what do you think? You live down that way don't you.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yes, I must say I never heard about this!! I don't watch much tv though.
The SS Montgomery is actualy broken in two and separated. So some of the Cargo has spilt out and spread around the area. Here's a picture of the ship.
flic.kr...

edit on 29-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Obvious Fail...these are munitions that get found regularly by fishermen cabe ayers, divers and who the hell else...The waters around engand are a munitions graveyard.
Manwhilethe title is a cheat, inpling actual bombs were discpovered aboard two ships... a catamaran is hardly a ship, and a cable layer isnt exactly high seas type stuff either....these are bogus finds as far as terrorism is concerned.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think there was a news report of WW1 or 2 shells being disturbed from cliffs by the bad weather recently. I will try and find it. Maybe these were shells from one of the wars?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm not disputing that the shells may be WW1 or WW2. I just think its odd that its been kept kind of quiet and swept under like oh well, just a couple of unexploded bombs.

Like I said I can understand that a cable laying ship might dredge something up, but the catamaran is hardly a fishing boat with large nets and I don't think the shell was just floating on the water.

I can't help but think it all sounds fishy if you pardon the pun.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Unexploded munitions are found all over the UK every year. Remember that time a few decades ago when some mentally deranged person decided he wanted to kill as many innocent British people as he possibly could and dropped hundreds of thousands of bombs on us?

Jumpy reporters are grabbing at anything even remotely hinting at a potential terrorist risk to the games, it's their job to create drama and get ratings.

This is likely nothing more than some people finding these things in the course of their work - just as happen regularly in the UK - and then bringing them back for disposal. And the reporting is probably deliberately misleading or omitting certain things to suit their need for drama.

Do you really think that if someone were planning to attack right now they would use munitions like this?

Edited to add -

"multi-purpose catamaran workboat"

"After examining both shells they declared the ordnance to be safe."

So not only do terrorists try to use unexploded shells as weapons, they use dead shells

As I said, these are found all over the UK every year. This is not news. That is why it is not all over the MSM. If they were dug up in someone's garden and the street had to be evacuated then it would be. This is not one of those times. They are small shells, and have been in water for decades. Nothing to see here.

Incidentally, we had a German bomb found in our city about four years ago while they were constructing a car park. It had been laying there in a filed not far from the surface for all that time. I was on the road driving past when they destroyed it. That was a proper bomb, feet long, and let off a hell of a bang that rocked the car we were in.
edit on 29-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis
Makes you wonder how many "unexploded bombs" remain to be found.

Quite a lot. London and SE England was bombed quite a lot during WW2.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
I'm not disputing that the shells may be WW1 or WW2. I just think its odd that its been kept kind of quiet and swept under like oh well, just a couple of unexploded bombs.

Like I said I can understand that a cable laying ship might dredge something up, but the catamaran is hardly a fishing boat with large nets and I don't think the shell was just floating on the water.

I can't help but think it all sounds fishy if you pardon the pun.

I need to look into the figures, but I think that hundreds of UXBs are found every year. Just as long as they don't find anything near Hobbs Lane....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
When I had my own pub I once got talking to a guy who was working in my town for a week or so.

His job was to go around the country blowing up unexploded bombs - apparently a couple had been found on an industrial estate nearby.
He was an ok guy with some interesting stories.

He'd worked all over the world but he told me that there were still that many uxb's in the UK that we'd be finding them for at least another hundred years or so.

Apparently there are quite a few people employed to do this - the majority are located in London and the South East which was under constant bombing for quite some time during The Blitz.

No big deal at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

That's all it is. Happens frequently, local news story at most.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

That's all it is. Happens frequently, local news story at most.

Exactly...

I am assuming the OP isn't from the UK and is simply unaware of this sort of thing.. They are always unexploded bombs being found from the Wars, so much so its not even news.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Seems most plausible that these folks found the shells, either on shore or from the sea. But why would any sane person take an unexploded munition as a souvenir? Who is there that doesn't know about IEDs or unexploded shells these days? Someone pretty stupid.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
Seems most plausible that these folks found the shells, either on shore or from the sea. But why would any sane person take an unexploded munition as a souvenir? Who is there that doesn't know about IEDs or unexploded shells these days? Someone pretty stupid.

You'd be surprised. I once heard of one family that had had a WW2 hand grenade on a mantelpiece for years, without realising that it was still primed and ready for action. Everyone assumed that it had been made safe by their grandfather, who must have pinched it from somewhere before he was demobbed. Scary.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is a testing range near there perhaps those shells were fired from there in one of the many numerous tests.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nothing unusual here. No false flag. No conspiracy - people find all sorts of things all the time. People are still finding bombs and grenades from the two previous world wars. Just because they were found on boats does not suggest anything. These boats could have been used by the military to carry cargo and ammunition.
edit on 29-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join