It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Strike on a Roller Coaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Okay, this has got to rank up there as some real weird kind of bad luck.

A boy is recovering after he was hit in the face by a bird while riding a roller coaster at an amusement park in New Jersey.

The collision occurred as the Kingda Ka coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson was returning to the station Thursday.

The boy was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of minor injuries to his face and neck. His name was not released.
Source

I imagine this didn't happen at the fastest part of the ride but the story goes on to mention that it peaks at 128Mph.

That is one thing that never crossed my mind while on a Roller Coaster. What are the odds? Ouch!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It is amazing that birds don't collide in mid air. I suggest that thay have a mind link of some type. Obviously the little boy doesn't have that link.

I hope he recovers.

P

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This actually happened to Fabio. Smacked him square in the nose, rather gross if you google up the image.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This happened to Fabio, with very humorous results. I'm pretty sure you can find the video on youtube. Late night talk show hosts had a blast making fun of Fabio's ridiculously large head protecting the people seated behind him.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Honestly the first thing I thought of was this...

About ten years ago I thought I struck a bird on the way home from work. When I got home I found out I did and only found his beak stuck in my radiator

edit on 29-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The story in the OP has a link to a still picture (above). It appears his girlfriends found the whole thing amusing as ever but he definitely doesn't look like he found anything funny. It sounds like the boy in my main story was actually hurt seriously enough to take the humor out.

Fabio? I can't help but laugh. Beauty meets the flying Beast? Or.. visa versa? What are the odds?

new topics

top topics

join