It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks To All You Brilliant, Crazy, Insane, Loving People For Giving Me Back My Sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Life...

Has a way of dragging you down so much it's almost an art form. We move through the motions, getting up, going to work, going home, going to bed...only to get up and repeat the same the very next day. And we do this with our heads down, not looking at the people passing by, only the store windows. Not seeing what is one block away, only what is in front of our shoes.

Always looking down and never up.

When we arrive back home we see the yard, the toys, the fence that needs fixing and the garage door. So what are we missing? What are not seeing that is right there for us each and every single day?

The Sky.

As kids it was always a wonder. We could tell time by it. Morning...sunny, bright and full of promise of the adventures to come. Was it high noon with so much more of the day in front of us? Evening when friends would gather in the street for kick the can?

And then there was night. The mystical time when the stars came out. Laying on our backs full of dreams and BS stories. “Was that a UFO?” someone would always say. “Yup”! Of course it was. How could it not be in our minds? “Look! A shooting star! Make a wish.”

We would star gaze and look through the stars that were immediately visible and then to those beyond. And if you were in a really dark location with no street lights to interfere, you could see the Universe unfold.

Magic.

And then we grew up. School, jobs, bills, kids of our own, car troubles, bills, mortgages, insurance...in a nutshell...%*)!&@!*&!!!!

Now to my point!

Since joining ATS over a year ago I have found my sky again! It’s still there and I was the one that got lost, not the sky. It’s different tho. As a kid I would wonder about so many things and now I know the answers. Not to say there are not a million more questions but those innocent ones have all been answered.

I’ve started to gaze upwards for different reasons now. I’m looking for weather patterns, chemtrails, contrails, lightning, unusual clouds, UFO’s, satellites, migrations of the birds and just about anything that seems out of the ordinary.

But in all that craziness I’ve also rediscovered the stars, moon, Northern lights, lightning, thunder and all of those incredible night sounds around me. I may be older now but I can once again gaze up in wonder and joy.

I could go on and on here but I just wanted to thank all the members here for all your brilliance, craziness, insanity, humor and wonder...because of you I have rediscovered...

My Sky.

And I've missed it greatly

Peace to all

Jude11

edit on 29-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That was beautiful! I am so glad that you have found your sky again. I have always been enchanted by the sun, the moon and stars. Sometimes it's the little things that matter most.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
That was beautiful! I am so glad that you have found your sky again. I have always been enchanted by the sun, the moon and stars. Sometimes it's the little things that matter most.

All of it...The sun, moon, stars...all of it...I've missed.

I'll never let it go again.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
don't mention it. i am crazy, insane, brilliant does get thrown around but no i am too cold to be loving

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
*Looks to the left, looks to the right*

What is the sky?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
*Looks to the left, looks to the right*

What is the sky?

Now...Look up...WAAAAAAAAYYYYY UP! And I'll call Rusty.
(have to be ancient to understand that one)

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
don't mention it. i am crazy, insane, brilliant does get thrown around but no i am too cold to be loving

What? No puppies?

Peace

top topics

join