It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul Hospital Hell reveals Depth of Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

In 2010, the US discovered that Afghan soldiers were being starved to death in a US-funded military hospital in Afghanistan, and nothing was done.

Patients are starving, maggots are feeding on their wounds that are not being treated, amputees defecating in their beds!

Covered up by an officer because an election was coming.

This week it emerged that part of the reason why conditions at Dawood did not come to light earlier was the intervention of one senior US officer. Lieutenant General William Caldwell.... blocked an investigation into the hospital because he feared it might effect the 2010 US Congress elections.

This was the testimony offered by military officers to a Congress investigative committee on Tuesday. Colonel Mark Fassl told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that he was "shocked" when Caldwell told him in 2010, "How could we do this or make this request with an election coming? He calls me Bill." Fassl said he believed this was a reference to President Barack Obama.

Doctors and nurses demand bribes for basic, routine care:

One of the stories the WSJ told was of Afghan policeman Ali Noor Hazrat, who was admitted to the hospital late in 2010 after being injured in a Taliban rocket attack. He then starved to death in the hospital on December 27, while his brother desperately tried to sell off the family's land to pay the doctors to feed him.

www.dw.de...

And, there's pretty much nothing we can do about it because of the agreement Obama signed promising a financial commitment, even after troop withdrawal. US officers recorded evidence of abuse as early as 2006! We know there have been other instances of abuse of US taxpayer money. Why did Obama sign the agreement without attaching stipulations? Ok stupid question, I know. I guess Obama didn't consult this guy -

Retired Air Force Colonel Schuyler Geller, who helped make the problems at the hospital public, was quoted in the WSJ saying that Afghan officials "will never see the light until they feel the heat. Only with withdrawal of mentors and money … will there ever be any accountability. In a situation where you tell the Afghans, 'We will not let you fail,' then we have lost all leverage."

And Obama transparency at work again -

The agreement, whose text was not released, represents an important moment when the United States begins the transition from being the predominant foreign force in Afghanistan to serving a more traditional role of supportive ally

www.nytimes.com...

There are more photos and descriptions at this link, but WARNING - the photos are EXTREMELY graphic.

If we could just get even slight control on fraud and corruption......

edit on 28-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
And then aliens came along and cured everyone. Said they rode in on Niburu (sp). Everyone thought they were here to hurt, but they were here to help. So they took Obama away in a spaceship, crowned Ron Paul king.

Then they disabled HAARP, which TPTB said was harmless, but was freaking people out. They tasered all the bad cops and now only the good ones are here.

They rounded up the banksters on a spaceship headed for the sun - you will think it's a solar flare - it's not!

edit on 29-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
And then aliens came along and cured everyone. Said they rode in on Niburu (sp). Everyone thought they were here to hurt, but they were here to help. So they took Obama away in a spaceship, crowned Ron Paul king.

Then they disabled HAARP, which they said was harmless, but was freaking people out. They tasered all the bad cops and now only the good ones are here. They rounded up the banksters on a spaceship headed for the sun - you will think it's a solar flare - it's not!

AND

That people is how they invented Velcro

Seriously OP

Your thread started out great by raising many legitimate issues with the Corruption in Afghanistan but then your cheese has seemed to slipped completely off your cracker with your next post quoted above.

So meh...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

My cheese slipped off my cracker because I brought up legitimate points which no one seemed interested in so, I decided to play the crazy game... which seems to be what many here are interested in.

Legitimate discussion.....zero. Crazy topics.... you tell me.

And, I was just having some fun! We all need to stop being so serious.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are hospitals, all over the World, that have problems........

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
There are hospitals, all over the World, that have problems........

Agreed. And if i were George Soros or Bill Gates. I'd be paying their bills.

top topics

join