It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet Map - NSA and AboveTopSecret are Neighbors

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
still down ...or is it just my browser ..?

can anyone else confirm?

It's up for me; nice avatar by the way!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

it's up, it's your browser most likely, I can get on it on my Iphone, my PC, or my Gov laptop.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Komodo
still down ...or is it just my browser ..?

can anyone else confirm?

It's up for me; nice avatar by the way!

Thx.

Still can't bring it up no matter what browser I use~!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Ah, here we are. This is actually the site that was created because of all this that went down some years ago on ats.

http :// s h t f 411 . com/connecting-ats-to-the-department-of-defense-working-research-thread-t569.html
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

Amazed your not banned for posting the site we all ran off too.

Amazed I am not banned for having an argument about it all over there either.

At the end of the day the whole internet is monitored by the super computers
tied in via many rooms similar to room641a.

Room 641a

No place is safe on DoDnet, and that is after all what the internet really is.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
Research Cass Sunstein and conspiracy theories. Here is his suggestion in a written paper on how to deal with them:

"Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."
edit on 29-7-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

The agent provocateur is an old and well known phenomenon.

Agent Provocateur

After you watch things like "manufacturing consent" you realize most of the media
is part of the series of cover ups and disinfo.

After you watch "hacking democracy" you realize voting is a sad joke.

After you watch "Fishead are our leaders psychopaths" you realize they are.

There are a lot of other well put together material out there that shows lying is the way
of this world and as Sun Tzu said ... All war is deception...And some have been at
war with the rest of us for a long time.

We have got warning decades ago from Orwell, Huxley, Samuel Zane Battens, HG Wells,
Quigley, and many others even former KGB agents such as Yuri Bezmenov.

Most are in deep denial, the truth is too scary for them to consider.

We are living thru what Huxley and Orwell warned about and its getting worse slowly
via incrementalism because that method works.

The 5 stages of grief are well known by those in that circle, and I say
most of the world is in one of those stages.

Their grief is 2 fold, the known for the tragedy being woven around them by the NWO,
and the less known reason is they are starting to realize the ppl are the top are
the cause of democide.

Democide

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the inflictions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
my map is up now ..

I can access it .. and something of note..

why is Wikipedia based in Russia ??

the red zone at the top corresponds to Russian segment of the net
The Internet Map

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The National Security Agency was the neighbor I saw...on ATS's left, actually. Funny how that worked out.

Hey, that is the neatest site I've EVER seen for Internet structure. After zooming out, I realized the true complexity and organization of it and I'm speechless. WOW.... Everyone should see it!

Ready for something vaguely creepy? The site says this is how they calculate the proximity of the dots:

Users’ switching between websites forms links, and the stronger the link, the closer the websites tend to arrange themselves to each other.

So I guess the answer is that there is a lot of cross-linking or cross-traffic between this site and the NSA. Wonder who links who more.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Okay, I'll say what some of the WORST tin hatters among us are thinking: Anyone suspect this site itself is a huge, NSA run information / disinformation portal? If you think about it, it would be genius. Would allow them to accomplish much. And today, I was trying to read up on some of the rules of this place... and they're so convoluted and hard to follow, I could almost believe this was government run.

I jest. Sorta.

But really, who wants to bet they have a running "Best of ATS" thread? I can just picture it....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If ATS wasn't run by the government, they wouldn't constantly delete and close every thread that says they are. DOD. They've got some nice toys too. Have you ever had an on-topic, intelligent comment removed (for being "off topic") only to discover that you can't recall one word of your comment? What kind of stuff do they have to use on us? Holy Crickets. That's why I quit coming here much. It's happened to me a dozen times. It's never happened to me anywhere else. That is very strange, indeed.
edit on 2/10/12 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by jokei

What doesn't bear up to scrutiny?

ATS is a private website that has no affiliation with any government agency whatsoever.

People who are disgruntled with the site - usually ex members who have been banned because they are unable to post within the T&C (although not always, sometimes people who are plain nuts or just haters) take great delight in trying to do us down. The length and extents that they will go to is, frankly astounding considering that the internet is a massive place and they can simply log off and never come back. Its all to do with D-Ego.

Heres a post I wrote 3 years ago on the subject

All kinds of allegations get made against the site, and time and time again we try and patiently explain things, only for more people to pile on and pee all over our carpet as they'd rather believe the lies than what we tell them.

And yet the answer is simple. Anyone who doesn't believe the fact that we have no ties to government agencies can simply log off and never come back. Its not difficult to do. No one is being forced to stay here.

You can't get more transparent than that.

In 2007 a "private entity" paid a 6 figure sum to the owners of ATS to get a partial control stake in the site.

Could you please tell us exactly WHO this "private entity" who provided the funds is? Sorry for asking, just wish to "Deny Ignorance" and know the truth of the matter. See link below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also when Zayo's acquired the "Above Network" overseeing ATS, how much did they also pay?

I find it interesting that now ATS is owned by the Zayo Group out of Colorado:
en.wikipedia.org...

The thinking minds can find the link between Zayo Group and a Government operation on their own without me providing the link. They can also dig into Zayo's financial disclosures to see what they paid for ATS. Hint hint..
edit on 2-10-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I don't know the answer. But why does it matter so much to you?

If you don't like the site, or are suspicious of its motives for whatever reason, why bother coming back here?

If you go to a restaurant, and you don't like the food, you don't go back there day in day out to bitch about it, you find somewhere else to eat.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
At least a restaurant will disclose the ingredients.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

So I guess the answer is that there is a lot of cross-linking or cross-traffic between this site and the NSA. Wonder who links who more

my

very thoughts exactly ..

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingFox
At least a restaurant will disclose the ingredients.

yes..

yes

they

do .. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Lol, just had a look on my iphone and accidently clicked one nearby and it was GLP,

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

The mindset of that is crazy.

Sorry, but it is.

No one, and I do mean no one is forced to post on ATS. They do so out of choice.

So if the site bothers anyone, they can choose not to post on ATS.

Anyone who doesn't understand that concept, and put it into practice is, simply, choosing to be spectacularly obtuse.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Do you guys ever have a better response to this stuff than the inevitable and tired 'If you don't like it, take a hike?' Biting the hands that feed you is a great way to starve.
Richard Belzer was at the ATS sellout party, he was always about as funny as a wad of cellophane.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Nope.

Why do we need one? We ain't holding any hostages or prisoners.

We tell people the truth - the site is privately owned and staffed by normal folk from around the globe who love the idea of it and the subjects that are discussed - and no one believes us anyway, so whats the point?

Don't like it, don't be here. Simple.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by twitchy

Nope.

Why do we need one? ...whats the point?

Don't like it, don't be here. Simple.

Um, the point would be professionalism and tact, which would do well even perhaps with a smattering of at least the outward appearances of grattitude for the incredible wealth of material provided by the membership, and a shared enthusiasm for the topics at hand while managing the pretense of addressing the concerns shared here. You've said 'love it or leave it' what three times now in the same thread, well ok we get it, how about the topic now, any thoughts?
Holy cow this place is haughty and hostile lately, and no I don't like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join