It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet Map - NSA and AboveTopSecret are Neighbors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Now what, I wonder, would cause such a relationship? Or a better question, who made TOR?

Which history do you want? Onion routing was first utilized by the Office of Naval Intel.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Funny this gets brought up. A couple of years ago I witnessed a member bring this to the attention of ATS. He showed how the ip's all led back to the DoD. There was actually another conspiracy site created out of all this madness. Lots of members were banned and some left willingly, no longer trusting the 'owners' of ATS.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

Yea that's right. I distinctly remember in the fall of 2009 the beginning of a huge influx of debunkers, you know, the kind of person who is threatened by anything that has not been officially sanctioned by the government or proven by government approved scientists.

The trend got worse. I made mention in a few threads how the flavor of ATS was rapidly changing. It went from a site that felt like the conversations of a group of open-minded scientists considering way out topics on their lunch hour willing to consider and discuss topics they might not be willing to speak about openly at work to a site moderated by ranting, dogmatic, official story only KGB agents.

It became so obvious that all I had to do was glance at the ranting fool's join date and recognize the obvious. Then something funny happened. Other members complained of the same trend, a bunch of members left in disgust, some got banned here and on Godlikeproductions for mentioning what seemed to be obvious then, all of the sudden many ranting fools had join dates of 2008 and earlier.

I suggested disinfo agents were hacking ATS and stealing old an inactive members log-ins. My theory was discounted and ridiculed by mods then my log-in was hacked...twice. For me that was proof that this site, if not actively run by NSA, then at a minimum used as a tracking platform for public awareness and psyop push-polling.

For a while I was angry. Then I quit wasting my time here. But then something wonderful occurred. I realized I wasn't the only person seeing through the BS. I needn't be worried about my real brothers and sisters being fooled by $10/post paid bloggers or NSA douchebags. People were waking up and becoming immune to the old style of propaganda.

Later, I discovered people like David Wilcock who mentioned a global awakening. Predictions were made and supported suggesting the fall of the dark cabal as a critical mass of individuals woke up to the fraud that has been perpetrated against us for so long.

Today that hypothesis has proven itself over and over. It's gaining momentum and is irreversible. It's a matter of time until every citizen is wearing the sunglasses from the movie "They Live" and are able to see right through the bull ship. Now I'm laughing my ass off and come here for entertainment.

It's so damn funny that I've even moved back to McLean, Va just a stones throw from the CIA so I can have a front row seat to watch the filth scrubbed from the streets and the "defense" contractors booted from their tear-down McMansions. But much more importantly, so I can participate on the front lines of rebuilding our country and looking forward to the golden age to come.

Take that bitches!

Thanks for sharing that, brother! I knew I couldn't be the only one that remembered all those shennanigans a few short years ago, it was such a huge deal. And at the time, was almost obvious in what was going on, there was def an influx of suspicious members and even mods/owners. I remember ATS literally gettin torn in half, practically right down the middle because of all that came to light. ATS used to be full of independent thinkers, top notch investigative journalists. Now we have.. just phage lol. I seem to recall an era on ATS where it flourished with thousands of Phage's. Now he gets to sit back and enjoy all the spoils
no offense to Phage of course.. but ATS did start declining in terms of intellect after this incident.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Monicle

Doesn't matter who made ToR, it is 100% untraceable anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this isn't surprising at all if the dod wanted information from the general public it's not a stretch to think they are involved in blogging sites.
What better way to find out what the public thinks?If anyone thinks they're anonymous on ats just get that thought right out of your head.No one is protected,no one is anonymous.
They know your name where you live,how much money you have,if you have a pimple on your face,heck they even know the last time you took a sh#.

The days of anonymity are long gone...

very cool map though

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is a map of the 350,000 largest sites on the web, a project of Russian coder Ruslan Enikeev, with help from the Google Maps API and Russian creative agency Positive Communications. The bigger the traffic, the larger the bubble. (The data comes from the web-tracking firm Alexa, circa the end of 2011).

www.movements.org...

Alexa.com is an Amazon-owned, Microsoft-powered Search Engine that measures traffic-popularity based on a sampling of about 10 million users.

Alexa traffic rating is based on visitors with the Alexa toolbar installed or an Alexa cookie in their cache. Think of Alexa as a rating system much like TV. They are using a small sample of the population and showing you statistics. The more people with the Alexa toolbar, the higher your Alexa score.

So this is based off Alexa stats. This makes it even weirder. Wonder if someone is manipulating the stats.
edit on 7/29/2012 by roadgravel because: typo

edit on 7/29/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Anyone try it in reverse yet?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Monicle

Doesn't matter who made ToR, it is 100% untraceable anyway.

I'd make a run at alt.privacy's archives if you really think so.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This isn't what I was talking about exactly, what I saw happened here on ATS. The threads seem to have been deleted. I did come across this though..

gold-silver.us...

If just one word of this is true, and i suspect it is, this is my last post here.

Registrant:
The Above Network
P.O. Box 118
Comanche, Oklahoma 73529
United States

Domain Name: ABOVETOPSECRET.COM
Created on: 17-May-97
Expires on: 18-May-15
Last Updated on: 22-Apr-07

Administrative Contact:
Irvine, William
The Above Network
P.O. Box 118
Comanche, Oklahoma 73529
United States
9179686652 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Irvine, William
The Above Network
P.O. Box 118
Comanche, Oklahoma 73529
United States
9179686652 Fax --

whois.domaintools.com...

Commanche, OK? Their website says they are located in New York.
Written queries may be sent to:

The Above Network, LLC
Owners and operators of AboveTopSecret.com
450 Seventh Avenue
Suite 2000
New York, NY 10123

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pay Schedule # 023-38 Issue Date: 03 Oct 2006

SUBJECT: NAF Pay Ranges for the Comanche, OK Wage Area

TO: Commanding Officers of Military Departments and DoD Component Installations in the Area

The NAF Pay Ranges shown below have been established under authority of DoD Directive 5120.42

"Department of Defense Wage Fixing Authority--Nonappropriated Fund Compensation Programs,"
www.cpms.osd.mil... ... 38-NF.html
Key words: Nonappropriated Fund Compensation Programs
Meaning these funds paid are outside of the DOD budget, i.e black or secret programs.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

It was good to know you.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
so the universe is just an internet map? i finally understand

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Such a tiny little blob in the middle of all that socialite activity...shopping, tweeting, blogging, gossiping, and general biased news...

And we're just a little blue dot. Saddening.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What does Hooke's Law (the force from a spring) have to do with the Internet?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
Perhaps some savvy users who know a bit about algorithms can tell us why ATS has such a "cyberspace" neighbor?

It's not a surprise, and would be more surprising if it wasn't.

What IS surprising is the "misses" - there are a load of other sites that should be close too - like the earthquake and solar sites, even NASA should be closer.

Another odd quirk is all those meaningless commercial companies nearby - like the cosmetics one and such. It must count all the useless ads we see on ATS as well.

I suspect the algorithms rely too much on the useless google ads that try to sell bras to men and jocky shorts to women users.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's a virtual universe of the active internet. Truly a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm pleased to see that Google is more used than Facebook, at least. And that Facebook is more used than Twitter.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Originally posted by JPhish
Perhaps some savvy users who know a bit about algorithms can tell us why ATS has such a "cyberspace" neighbor?

I suspect the algorithms rely too much on the useless google ads that try to sell bras to men and jocky shorts to women users.

You think?

If the DOD or anyone else of that ilk want to do what is suggested here they're going to it in such a way as to not be noticed. ( At least in a provable way) Otherwise, they would've been noticed by now. Dontcha think? ( They have their ways) Just because the guy who made the map is a Russian coder doesn't really mean much. Everything on that map is linked by ads. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell, he was probably commissioned by The Gap. And people like Crakeur pop their head in periodically to check on business. If I owned this joint, I would too. Wouldn't you? I can see him now, 12 hours and counting. His eyes are so tired he's wearing his sunglasses. If you don't believe me, check his avatar.

And Comanche Ok? That's his summer home. Forget the Hamptons, Comanche is where the REAL movers and shakers are.

Bottom line, we can speculate all we want. It might be fun for awhile but the people whom we are speculating about will let us know what the REAL truth is when THEY'RE good and ready. If, in fact, there's a truth to be told. In the meantime............don't you guys have a life to live?

Oh... and this is for all my friends at the "DOD"
Cheers.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Funny this gets brought up. A couple of years ago I witnessed a member bring this to the attention of ATS. He showed how the ip's all led back to the DoD. There was actually another conspiracy site created out of all this madness. Lots of members were banned and some left willingly, no longer trusting the 'owners' of ATS.

Yea that's right. I distinctly remember in the fall of 2009 the beginning of a huge influx of debunkers, you know, the kind of person who is threatened by anything that has not been officially sanctioned by the government or proven by government approved scientists.

The trend got worse. I made mention in a few threads how the flavor of ATS was rapidly changing. It went from a site that felt like the conversations of a group of open-minded scientists considering way out topics on their lunch hour willing to consider and discuss topics they might not be willing to speak about openly at work to a site moderated by ranting, dogmatic, official story only KGB agents.

It became so obvious that all I had to do was glance at the ranting fool's join date and recognize the obvious. Then something funny happened. Other members complained of the same trend, a bunch of members left in disgust, some got banned here and on Godlikeproductions for mentioning what seemed to be obvious then, all of the sudden many ranting fools had join dates of 2008 and earlier.

I suggested disinfo agents were hacking ATS and stealing old an inactive members log-ins. My theory was discounted and ridiculed by mods then my log-in was hacked...twice. For me that was proof that this site, if not actively run by NSA, then at a minimum used as a tracking platform for public awareness and psyop push-polling.

For a while I was angry. Then I quit wasting my time here. But then something wonderful occurred. I realized I wasn't the only person seeing through the BS. I needn't be worried about my real brothers and sisters being fooled by $10/post paid bloggers or NSA douchebags. People were waking up and becoming immune to the old style of propaganda.

Later, I discovered people like David Wilcock who mentioned a global awakening. Predictions were made and supported suggesting the fall of the dark cabal as a critical mass of individuals woke up to the fraud that has been perpetrated against us for so long.

Today that hypothesis has proven itself over and over. It's gaining momentum and is irreversible. It's a matter of time until every citizen is wearing the sunglasses from the movie "They Live" and are able to see right through the bull ship. Now I'm laughing my ass off and come here for entertainment.

It's so damn funny that I've even moved back to McLean, Va just a stones throw from the CIA so I can have a front row seat to watch the filth scrubbed from the streets and the "defense" contractors booted from their tear-down McMansions. But much more importantly, so I can participate on the front lines of rebuilding our country and looking forward to the golden age to come.

Take that bitches!

Hey Zarp3333, thanks for the unvarnished ATS history, something most newbies like myself rarely get to see or hear about.

It does seem like a global consciousness is taking hold, and the PTB are afraid of it, especially when you see events like apparently the million + marches recently in Mexico, some of the largest the world has ever seen - and barely a whisper if even that in the MSM.

It is fun seeing the trolls and their tactics on here - especially if you are aware of their techniques (as can be found in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... ), most of them are blantantly obvious, I truly respect the subtler ones.

One note thought, I think you are going to have to move a couple thousand miles West to watch the demise of the dark powers of the US government - I think their headquarters moved to Denver:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I took a bigger picture view of the websites surrounding ATS:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hello new here and lets just say SO! Who cares anyway, unless you plan on doing something bad! So now your intrest just got you baged as a T. Come on really, I am here to learn and grow nothing else. Most of this stuff is only hi-per-ther-qual anyway and nothing more. Yes my spelling is bad but lets concider the facts. So they are next door, could be sharing info, stealing info don't matter. What does matter are the SICK people who do go out and Kill; see colo. Do you want that around in your Hood as they call it? We all don't! People are nuts some small and large, its the large ones that worry me!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
wikihow.com and cia.gov are a little too close for comfort as well:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
THAT IS NUTS!!!! AMAZING!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join