The Internet Map - NSA and AboveTopSecret are Neighbors

page: 2
56
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh wow this the coolest website EVER. This is so awesome, it's the internet universe!


Now the reason ATS is so close to the NSA website is because there are a lot of links on ATS which point to the NSA website, and also because there are a lot of links on the NSA website which point to ATS. I assume many of their articles are like "look at this typical example of crazy conspiracy theorists on ATS" and they link to a humorous ATS thread in order to slander us.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh
 

No not the april fools day 'ats ip traces to cia' prank. I do believe I said DoD..
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
as usual no staffers will come to this thread, like clockwork



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Oh wow this the coolest website EVER. This is so awesome, it's the internet universe!


Now the reason ATS is so close to the NSA website is because there are a lot of links on ATS which point to the NSA website, and also because there are a lot of links on the NSA website which point to ATS. I assume many of their articles are like "look at this typical example of crazy conspiracy theorists on ATS" and they link to a humorous ATS thread in order to slander us.


I think your exactly right. If anyone actually at the NSA was "working" on ATS it would be done on an Intranet. A very secured Intranet.

There would be no links from any NSA employee, at least at work, and ATS.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This isn't what I was talking about exactly, what I saw happened here on ATS. The threads seem to have been deleted. I did come across this though..

gold-silver.us...
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Oh wow this the coolest website EVER. This is so awesome, it's the internet universe!


Now the reason ATS is so close to the NSA website is because there are a lot of links on ATS which point to the NSA website, and also because there are a lot of links on the NSA website which point to ATS. I assume many of their articles are like "look at this typical example of crazy conspiracy theorists on ATS" and they link to a humorous ATS thread in order to slander us.


I'm not sure that's the reason.

As the "about" states, it's users actually switching between the two websites that generates the link. I take that to mean an actual physical "click" on the website's url and not just a text link in a post.
edit on 28/7/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just sit back, and enjoy the show. It makes me think of "Monkey Trap" for some odd reason. Or maybe in a prophetic vision, a black spiders web, turning white, and glistening in the sunlight.

Sometimes its pure hell being a visionary.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It appears that other site, you know the one, GLP
is right next door to the NSA on that map as well.

Theres a little bermuda triangle with these sites haha!!



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83
 



I think your exactly right.

Of course I'm correct, it says on the website that the associations between websites are formed by the number of back-links which form connections between each website. It's only natural for ATS to have many links that point to intelligence agencies, and vise versa.

This creator of this website doesn't know anything we don't know, he is using predictable algorithms to count the links and produce a graphical representation of the interconnectedness between websites. It uses entirely public data which anyone could find. There's nothing mysterious about it.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ah, here we are. This is actually the site that was created because of all this that went down some years ago on ats.

http :// s h t f 411 . com/connecting-ats-to-the-department-of-defense-working-research-thread-t569.html
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus
 



As the "about" states, it's users actually switching between the two websites that generates the link. I take that to mean an actual physical "click" on the website's url and not just a text link in a post.

It first talks about the links, then it mentions the switching between websites, which I assume it just a simple prediction based on the amount of links connecting each websites. There's no way for a 3rd party website such as this one to monitor how internet users switch between websites, it's just not possible. Therefore the only reasonable and logical answer is to assume they just estimate the switch numbers based on the amount of links which produce the switches.


+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilod

Originally posted by Notadisinfoagent
What are the odds of NSA being next to ATS on it haha O.o


It means a lot of people that visit ATS also visit the NSA site (and/or vice versa, but I'd imagine the majority of the correlation is ATS linking to NSA). Makes perfect sense really.


no not at all.

linking to NSA - are you freaking kidding me. . enough to form such a bond like that ... lolllllzzz

there's more links to wikipedia and youtube and they're nowhere to be seen around ats on the map.. by your reasoning there would have to be more links to wiki and youtube ... like every other post would have to have a url hyperlink to somethign of relevance on the NSA site.

i think it's people over there that frequent this site and have portals and links on their OWN intranet and email that link to what people are talking about over here..

hell maybe they freaking funded this in the first place..

would be stupid of them NOT to have thought of that.


i mean if I worked for the NSA.. I would have suggested they make a site like this lol.
edit on 7/28/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Just for fun typed in some porn sites- NOTHING!!! lol. .. guess there are a lot of gaps on this so called "map"
edit on 28-7-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
Just for fun typed in some porn sites- NOTHING!!! lol. .. guess there are a lot of gaps on this so called "map"

You simply aren't typing in porn sites which are popular enough. It doesn't list small low traffic websites. Try something like pornhub.com. The porn area appears to be near the bottom right of the internet universe.
edit on 28/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible
 


Dude just so you know, none of your links prove anything. They stop short of producing any solid connection to the DoD. They just quote some obscure statement from a city data website which has virtually no relevance to ATS and doesn't mention anything about ATS. And if this website was operated by the DoD, do you really think they'd be stupid enough to leave an obvious traceable connection back to them by simply doing a who is? No... they wouldn't, stop being a noob.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by tauristercus
 



As the "about" states, it's users actually switching between the two websites that generates the link. I take that to mean an actual physical "click" on the website's url and not just a text link in a post.

It first talks about the links, then it mentions the switching between websites, which I assume it just a simple prediction based on the amount of links connecting each websites. There's no way for a 3rd party website such as this one to monitor how internet users switch between websites, it's just not possible. Therefore the only reasonable and logical answer is to assume they just estimate the switch numbers based on the amount of links which produce the switches.


A "link" is essentially a static entity and as such does not and cannot "switch" between websites as the author describes.

He specifically mentions "users" initiating the switching which to me, implies a physical act i.e. clicking on either the ATS or NSA url in a web browser.


Users’ switching between websites forms links ...



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Ear-Responsible
 


Dude just so you know, none of your links prove anything. They stop short of producing any solid connection to the DoD. They just quote some obscure statement from a city data website which has virtually no relevance to ATS and doesn't mention anything about ATS. And if this website was operated by the DoD, do you really think they'd be stupid enough to leave an obvious traceable connection back to them by simply doing a who is? No... they wouldn't, stop being a noob.

Where did you get the impression I am trying to prove anything? All I'm trying to do is bring something to the table in terms of discussion, I thought this was along the same lines as the topic. I guess I was wrong. I like how you feel the need to attack me though, someone didn't get enough hugs as a child I guess. You have a good evening, try to cheer up, everythings gonna be ok
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You know, it's just a wild guess here and only the Owners or top Admins would ever know this for sure by seeing IP's...but..

How many people use supposed proxies they think keep them safe and have those on when coming to ATS? You see, reading that site's explanation of how it all works, the rather large NSA circle I saw right next to ATS's slightly larger circle would seem to mean ongoing and ACTIVE connections for priority of that map, not historic.

Well, the NSA has better things to do than surf this site in those numbers and NSA Net Bots or Spiders don't need THAT much time to be forming such strong links for a display like that, right? Heck, ATS has RSS doesn't it?

So.. how indeed... how would the NSA have ongoing links to ATS. Well, like I said.. it's a guess.. but how many of those anonymous or privacy proxies might exit at No Such Agency and this was a real off-chance way of actually seeing it where 90% of the time, no one ever would?

* Tracking of links and movement ...as I see it... can only happen one way and it's why SOME sites or whole classes of sites show on his map and some do not. Ads.... It has to be tracking by ads. Nothing else links all those hundreds or thousands of web sites. Only the sprawling ad networks.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus
 


And now tell me how you think he is able to monitor our switches between websites.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Now THIS is a bit of a concern


I've NEVER seen this warning/error message before until I looked at that internet "map" and starting posting about the possibility that the close proximity of NSA to ATS is due to maybe NSA users monitoring/observing ATS itself.



A DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is a security feature included in modern operating systems ...and is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region.

Is this nothing more than just a bizarre coincidence ?





new topics
top topics
 
56
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join