It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet Map - NSA and AboveTopSecret are Neighbors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
AboveTopSecret on The Internet Map

Perhaps some savvy users who know a bit about algorithms can tell us why ATS has such a "cyberspace" neighbor?

Algorithm
edit on 7/28/2012 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Are you talking about handbagheaven.com?

CTs like their handbags...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Probably has something to do with keywords.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The National Security Agency was the neighbor I saw...on ATS's left, actually. Funny how that worked out.

Hey, that is the neatest site I've EVER seen for Internet structure. After zooming out, I realized the true complexity and organization of it and I'm speechless. WOW.... Everyone should see it!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I went to the site, saw the link you describe (NSA) and spent a whole lot of time browsing. It's very cool...the color coding for the different languages. Reminds me of a galactic cluster; smaller sites grouped around larger, more prominent ones. The centre of our internet galaxy is Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Youtube.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
Perhaps some savvy users who know a bit about algorithms can tell us why ATS has such a "cyberspace" neighbor?

From the About link at the top of the site:

The Internet map is a bi-dimensional presentation of links between websites on the Internet. Every site is a circle on the map, and its size is determined by website traffic, the larger the amount of traffic, the bigger the circle. Users’ switching between websites forms links, and the stronger the link, the closer the websites tend to arrange themselves to each other.

In other words, it's basic tracking/analytics in a nice data-viz.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah I agree that site is really neat. I like how he made it look kinda like a galaxy or the universe, crazy.

What are the odds of NSA being next to ATS on it haha O.o

link   
Also next to cancer.org....... Oboy....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

ohhh, snap....i am sure you realize this is your subjective reality objectified, right before your eyes. Isn't this what everyone wanted? Visualized in 3D, removing us from flat world forever, just by a wish and a click? Where did you want ATS to be? All you have to do is mobilize and "click," is that not the "reality" everyone has been waiting for?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notadisinfoagent
What are the odds of NSA being next to ATS on it haha O.o

It means a lot of people that visit ATS also visit the NSA site (and/or vice versa, but I'd imagine the majority of the correlation is ATS linking to NSA). Makes perfect sense really.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Funny this gets brought up. A couple of years ago I witnessed a member bring this to the attention of ATS. He showed how the ip's all led back to the DoD. There was actually another conspiracy site created out of all this madness. Lots of members were banned and some left willingly, no longer trusting the 'owners' of ATS.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Eh, it's without a doubt that this site is heavily monitored. I don't know what is surprising about that.

Hell, it's probably a honeypot. Again, I'm nowhere near surprised.
edit on 28-7-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Funny this gets brought up. A couple of years ago I witnessed a member bring this to the attention of ATS. He showed how the ip's all led back to the DoD. There was actually another conspiracy site created out of all this madness. Lots of members were banned and some left willingly, no longer trusting the 'owners' of ATS.

and as per your sig, it's all the expectation, is it not? you have what you want, no?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That's not what it was about. there were connections to the owners, that this was actually a controlled website by the DoD. I'm not saying it was but it was a pretty big deal a couple of years ago. Lost a good 100+ members if not more.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Excellent find....I don't believe in "coincidence"

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I'm afraid I don't follow..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is AMAZING.

I just don't know what else to say. It's extremely interesting what sites are associated with what (and what not). I tried searching other sites, but was getting errors.

Search "google.com or abovetopsecret.com" - no "www" and you're golden.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
For some reason this reminded me of the "type illuminati backwards into google" thing.

Though admittedly I don't know why it leads you there.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

You mean the prank? The one where the IP addresses were not even real IP addresses?

If so, then it's a sign of how gullible people are. If they cannot even see things for what they are, and jump ship.. well, good riddance lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What a great visual aid ... just goes to show how complex the internet "universe" really is

However, the following has me somewhat scratching my head and wondering what sort of links actually do exist between ATS and the NSA.
From the "about" info, we have the following...

Users’ switching between websites forms links, and the stronger the link, the closer the websites tend to arrange themselves to each other

Is the above telling us that there is indeed a very large amount of website jumping happening between ATS and NSA which results in the closeness of the two sites as shown in that map ? If so, then who is doing the linking ? Is it ATS members switching to the NSA site .... or is it the NSA people switching to ATS and observing/monitoring our activity ?

Very suspicious indeed, in my opinion

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join