It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightball, a big circle of red light in the sea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Man, I'm still in awe.

It's 3:30 AM here and I don't have a clue what I saw.

I live by the sea, north of Iberian Peninsula and I constantly go to the balcony to watch the stars, ships, etc., I have a great view!
So, I get to the window and still behind the curtains I notice this big light ball. I open them and "what the f... is that". A big reddish circle in the sea! Just there, static! shout to my girl and when she's coming I start to notice the light is dimming, very slowly.
It's hard to describe... best way to put it, it was like the sunset, a big orange/red sun, but in the freekin night.
No, not the moon, it was not above the sea, it was IN the sea, in front of it! Not ship lights, there was one in the left cruising and it was very little compared to it. Not a lighthouse neither.
I watch this space regularly, night and day for years and I never saw anything like this before.

My girl told me to get the camera but I was just in shock and trying to analyse, to understand what the hell I was seeing. I know my equipment very well and I knew it wouldn't record anything very perceivable due to inexistent lighting. It was dimming and I knew it wouldn't be there for long. Then, a falling star right above it! Very bright, almost cartoonish like, very rare moment I witnessed! The few times I saw them, they were very dim, small and up in the sky, never near the sea.

All of this in 2~3 minutes. Still scratching my head, no idea what was that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The thing was across the red line.

This happened around 01:25 GMT, +1h here due to summertime adjustment.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sounds like an exciting sighting! Unfortunately I cant explain what it is you saw. I have heard of similar sighting however.

Perhaps since salt water is more conductive that clean/fresh water there is a possibility of an electrical event in the water. Out of my knowledge base when it come to hydro electric dynamics, so just theorising here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlutAusNord

Wow! Nice

That would be quite the sight to see.
What did it "feel" like? If that's not to weird of a question. lol
I would've loved to had seen it!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I would be sitting out there the rest of the night! and the next, and the next.. etc. lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking. It looked like it was some hundred meters from the beach but when it started to dim, I lost the distance perception, I honestly don't know if it was moving further away, but in a straight line since it was not moving left/right or the light was just fading. Whatever it was, it was big.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by BlutAusNord

What did it "feel" like?

I would love to know the answer to this question but I never saw anything like this before. I don't know!
A big, intense, red circle, it outshined a ship that was passing by! Didn't feel very "solid", starshiplike, but maybe it was due its brightness, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Perhaps since salt water is more conductive that clean/fresh water there is a possibility of an electrical event in the water. Out of my knowledge base when it come to hydro electric dynamics, so just theorising here.

I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't, because it fell that was just above the sea, like overflying it, not below or right in the surface. It was independent. It's already hard to explain in my own language, sorry!

It's funny because I'm always looking for anything out of the normal but this is a very quiet, calm place where nothing happens. No military base, no airport, no crime, no nothing out of the ordinary. It's a small city in front of the sea surrounded by hills.

Finally, after years looking the skies, this skeptic eyes witness something extraordinary. But now I'm puzzled... I'm amazed but I strongly dislike this feeling of not knowing, understanding what it was. I went to the window a few more times and it's dark as it gets.

Tomorrow I will take a photo and try to pass you all the notion of the location/size better.
edit on 28-7-2012 by BlutAusNord because: adding info

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlutAusNord

Originally posted by coven83

I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't, because it fell that was just above the sea, like overflying it, not below or right in the surface. It was independent. It's already hard to explain in my own language, sorry!

It's funny because I'm always looking for anything out of the normal but this is a very quiet, calm place where nothing happens. No military base, no airport, no crime, no nothing out of the ordinary. It's a small city in front of the sea surrounded by hills.

Finally, after years looking the skies, this skeptic eyes witness something extraordinary. But now I'm puzzled... I'm amazed but I strongly dislike this feeling of not knowing, understanding what it was. I went to the window a few more times and it's dark as it gets.

Tomorrow I will take a photo and try to pass you all the notion of the location/size better.
edit on 28-7-2012 by BlutAusNord because: adding info

Sounds good

And keep an eye out for reports or a youtube video, maybe someone else captured it. I will do the same.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
wow- very interesting!
was it a flat circle, or more like a sphere?

top topics

join