It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Outbreak...14 Confirmed Dead...Possible Red Alert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Nah.. It wouldn't work. Ebola doesn't incubate long. It starts making you sick in just a few days. That is why it is actually hard to spread because it burns itself/it's host out so quickly.

No conspiracy here.. Ebola pops up from time to time. Usually once or twice a year I think.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It depends on the strain. Ebola Reston is almost certainly airborne but it only makes monkeys sick. People can become infected, but don't get sick.

The other two or three strains kill humans pretty easily, but I don't know if they are airborne. I would say it's possible if it's an unventilated area where a lot of human material would be floating around.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Actually not that many.
Ebola, as I said in an earlier post, doesn't spread that well because it burns it's hosts out so quickly.
The incubation period you posted seems really high to me. I have read 2 books on ebola and they both suggested within 5 to 7 days you were usually very sick with it and then it burned through your system pretty quickly after that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Zecharia 14:12

*This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.*

reply to post by Signals

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That is the reason that epidemiologists are in Africa in the first place. First off, most are stationed there, so they aren't coming home any time soon.
And since they are epidemiologists, they know how to not bring a disease home.

These people are placed in third world countries to watch, because this is where disease develops. Because of poor medical treatment, poor hygiene.

The most likely scenario is that an animal will transfer a disease to a human, in a place where people still have to hunt their daily food.

This is how HIV got started.

Ebola has been around a long time. This is nothing new. Unfortunately, the reason it doesn't travel far is because of its high fatality rate, it decimates a village before many people get a chance to leave.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

About 25,000 people die every year from the flu.

And you are not worried about that?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Probably not related but terrifying nonetheless - www.observer.ug...:uganda-on-high-alert-as-somali-terrorist-enters-says-police&catid=34:news&It emid=114

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Its in the capital now apparently

www.telegraph.co.uk...#

One to watch methinks.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Worth keeping an eye on. The part that interests me is that the victims did not show the typical hemorragic signs of Ebola, but only fever and vomiting, which could have been confused for flu and thereby allowed to spread for a longer amount of time. Also, the change in symptoms may be a sign of mutation and a longer incubation period,(I am speculating here) so this could be a more deadly version of the virus. I read that Ebola typically is so fast acting it burns itself out before the ability to spread much. Hope that is still the case.
www.cnn.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I've been nudged that they've been buying up water rights everywhere, and polluting the ground waters on purpose, even radiating the oceans and using chemicals for BP. All for the new oil, what they think of as their water. And the bottled water is dirty, not being tested correctly. And they can spread any number of their virus's through the bottled water, and that ecoli is really just one of them.

That they really want the world population down to half a billion.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Not possible.

A lot of bottled water is made by large manufacturers like Cocal Cola.

All of your public water is broken down into municipalities, there is no way to contaminate them all.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
And they can spread any number of their virus's through the bottled water, and that ecoli is really just one of them.

E. Coli is a bacteria, not a virus.

Ebola (thread topic) is a virus.

The two are very different.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Another what if I have is that it seems to me Africa would be the perfect place to test bio weapons, if one had the resources, frozen strains, and ability to bomb/burn villages to stop it.

Dunstin Hoffman - in OUTBREAK

very similar senario. i realized it has been referenced already, but it could be a very real threat if you think about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by Komaratzi11

You beat me to it.... That book was awesome/scary. It was very informative and well written based on actual events from the perspective of those that were there. For those who have read it news likes this makes me go "Uh Oooo" am i right....?

You walk away educated and in awe of the mysterious nature of viruses.

Actually, one of the individuals involved at the lab was pretty upset by the portrayal by Mr. Preston of what went on. Seemed a bit of overreacting from what I could see on his part, but he was one of the two "wafters" of the test tube. I had started to research ebola after this book/movie, and wound up on a website dealing specifically with emerging viruses, to which this young man was also a member. He and I had a number of communications, and he basically reaffirmed what was in the book, but was nit-picking some details of it.

The specific scare of the Reston strain was that it went air-borne to infect, even though it did not cause harm to the individuals since it was a harmless to human mutation. Researchers were afraid the ebola-zaire strain might "learn" to become airborne as the ebola-reston had done. And yes, deep researchers believe ebola to have intelligence.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Once again, I can't find the article (It wasn't from a "SUPER" MSM site, perhaps that's why, but apparently there were 7 new "Suspected" cases, but that they were responding to treatment well. I'm hoping with what seems like prompt action once it was discovered it was Ebola, that the spread will be limited. It's not like they (Uganda) haven't dealt with this before. *Crosses Fingers*

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

How can you be sure this is the right plague?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
Its in the capital now apparently

www.telegraph.co.uk...#

One to watch methinks.

Not good at all....close to airport(s) I presume?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Sometimes news can be conflicting, but I had read, on average, what the different sites seemed to be reporting, was that one case had died in the hospital in the capital, and then a second one had had been the capital but was moved out of the capital or something like that? Anyhow, I hadn't heard any reports of "new" cases being reported, but I bet there will be at the very least some more cases.

I am going to check the MSF/Doctors Without Borders website and see if any information can't be found there. (I read they are on the front lines)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wouldn't work, Ebola is a filo virus. Sunlight kills it quickly. Considering what is added to first world water, I doubt it would survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join