It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olympic Thread for Sane People

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I know where my money is.....where's yours?

My money is on something big happening, but I'm totally willing to pay up if I am wrong. The evidence for this has mostly been in perceived symbolism, so...

In the meantime, I still think that the Olympics seem to have an agenda focusing on transitioning into a new age. I think a lot of symbolism for this is intentional, and even admitted to on Wikipedia in some cases.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

For the record, I do not believe that there will be anything other than a magnificent sporting event taking place in London this year, no false flags, no UFO's, no slaughter.......just sportsmen and women competing to be the best in the world at what they do!

Some of you may feel differently....I do not......and come the 17th August 2012 we will discover who was right and who was wrong...I know where my money is.....where's yours?

I hope you're right! Am personally 50/50 on anything happening, but I don't think there's any point ripping into people that do think different things about the whole event and what might happen, because if something does go down it's those people who are going to have a lot of evidence already gathered. They'll be several steps further ahead than many others, even if some of their theories are too far fetched, and a lot of that information should prove to be important over time.

But yeah, I really hope you're right.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I know where my money is.....where's yours?

My money is on something big happening, but I'm totally willing to pay up if I am wrong. The evidence for this has mostly been in perceived symbolism, so...

In the meantime, I still think that the Olympics seem to have an agenda focusing on transitioning into a new age. I think a lot of symbolism for this is intentional, and even admitted to on Wikipedia in some cases.

Of course the modern Olympics has an agenda. No one disputes that. Coubertin had plenty aims and goals when he pulled together the work of people like William Penny Brookes. The trouble is, people, for various reasons, want more from it. Coubertin's hopes for the future don't fit with modern day conspiracy theorist who look for more exotic associations and connotations every year. The idea of creating a physically strong and healthy youth through the lens a romantic notion of the past is a bit light on conspiracy for an such a massive global event.

There is 'real' conspiracy and politics here but people just don't want it. Coubertin wanted an Olympics for amateurs which wasn't about money or professionalism. In less than a 150 years (and especially since the 1980s) it's become the complete opposite of what Coubertin envisaged. That's pretty messed-up. However, it's still not exciting enough for many conspiracy theorists who are so desperate for New World Order, alien, repitilian, Zion evidence that they're blind to the common or garden corporate greed and hijacking or maybe they just don't think it's important enough to comment on.

LOL. I can't believe I'm defending the Olympics in these threads: I hate both sport and corporatism.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
conspiracies are fun even if nothing happens, makes life interesting

thats what ATS is for right? conspiracies run wild

:3

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well opening ceremony Im sure came across much better to the live crowd. I for one am happy that some got cut out of American tv because it did get boring, but hey there is always the closing ceremony.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The Olympics is an incident by itself.

An ugly relic from humanity's unforgotten ugly past.

It promotes nationalism, racism, and awards genetic superiority. Most of the games, especially summer games, involve "running in a straight line" or "running in a circle". What cunning, what guile! These are truly games that test the mettle and pride of the human race.

The absurd corporate ownership alone is enough to make one's stomach turn.

I have to go into a blank, unforgiving stare at anyone who takes the Olympics seriously, or gets "excited" about it. I just start dying inside. "Oh but I only care about the individual sports persons." Right, is that why you cheer for your country alone? Twat.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

If nothing happens it could very well be that there plans we're exposed and would not have the desired effect, so we would never know. They are hardly going to admit it are they?

So you will not be getting an apology from me. Though I will admit if I am wrong. I didn't start my Olympics2012 thread to fearmonger, I did it to raise awareness so there would be proof it was planned, should something happen. Like most others I'm sure.

You did not have to read anything you didn't want to, so if any thread has upset you that much you feel you need an apology, go look in the mirror and say sorry.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like the north korean ceremony

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

If nothing happens it could very well be that there plans we're exposed and would not have the desired effect, so we would never know. They are hardly going to admit it are they?

I wondered how long it would be before someone came up with that excuse!

"They were going to do something really bad, but we exposed them and they had to cancel it"

Bit like some of those alien disclosure threads where someone gives a date for ET to reveal themselves.....and when the date passes, we get the "Mankind wasn't spiritually ready for them yet" excuse.

Priceless!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So you saying that's an impossible sinario

We all just sit back and be quiet yeah, and hope.

Its not an excuse pal it's a possibility.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As already stated. This should be in the Rant forum, and it's beyond moronic to post this in a conspiracy forum, also already stated.

If you cannot see that the olympics 2012 are obviously controlled by the Illuminati, with all of the symbolism in plain view, and the logo already proven to spell out "ZION", one eyed mascots, etc etc.. Then you are blind and in denial.

The opening ceremony was extremely dark. Where do a giant sorcerer waving a wand, nurses looking like they are possessed, demonic looking creature jumping all over children's beds, witches, sperm, belong in an event watched by families all over the world? Please use your damn head.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfZeal
As already stated. This should be in the Rant forum, and it's beyond moronic to post this in a conspiracy forum, also already stated.

If you cannot see that the olympics 2012 are obviously controlled by the Illuminati, with all of the symbolism in plain view, and the logo already proven to spell out "ZION", one eyed mascots, etc etc.. Then you are blind and in denial.

The opening ceremony was extremely dark. Where do a giant sorcerer waving a wand, nurses looking like they are possessed, demonic looking creature jumping all over children's beds, witches, sperm, belong in an event watched by families all over the world? Please use your damn head.

Well if it's in the wrong forum a mod will move it won't they?.....and it's not a rant it's a rebuttal to the people that see the most insane things in the most normal aspects of everyday life.

Why is it moronic to post this in a conspiracy forum?.... a good conspiracy forum, like ATS, is all about presenting both sides of the argument is it not?

As to the Olympic logo spelling out "ZION".....try rearranging the number "2012"......move the 1 in front of the 0 and lay the last 2 on it's side.....what does that look like now?

there you go....I "just used my damned head"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Thank the conspiracy theorists for saving the world, by exposing the false flag event with their youtube video.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In the ceremony there was a boy, mesmerised/ hypnotised buy some guy with a invisble ball of energy or slight of hand, he is then picked up and taken within. Was that you? If not what would you say that represented? The masses? The children? The conspiracey theorist? Sad thing is, you say you enjoyed it. Your blind to the symbolism, that's why it seems crazy to you.

Go to wiki for the 2004 Olympic ceremony. See how the ritual involved water. Then check and see what happened on the winter solstice after. Another coincedence I know.

But it is good fun

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

If nothing happens I'll be giving more credit to those guys than the naysayers. They spoke up, paranoid or not. They spoke their minds. They where not afraid of being ridiculed, outcast, or even murdered. They spoke up to warn people of the possibilities of the world we live in and the lengths tptb would go to.

So to anyone who spoke out in the name of truth, peace, protection and exposure of the NWO, I salute you.
You did nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of. Good work. We will never know if the exposure had an effect if nothing happens. But never let that tell you not to trust a gut feeling. That feeling is instinctual and it's function is for survival.

Op, What if there are no coincidences
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Soooooo about those olympics..... America's gonna win it all..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Soooooo about those olympics..... America's gonna win it all..

My bet is for China to come top of the medals table, just like last time. They've already top with six gold medals.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anyone see that Shiwen girl who had a faster time than Ryan Lochte? If she doesn't test positive for doping that is crazy for a 16 year old girl. Though, China better watch out, America is going to kick it into high gear! haha

Sorry, just continuing with the last few posts, too many hardcore people on either side of this. Honestly, we can debate what is or isn't going to happen, but regardless it will happen as it does. Even if something was going to happen at the Olympics, what's the point of arguing with who is right or wrong about what will happen when none of us can change anything about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i don't know much about olympics
i know less about the sort of people who would [allegedly] broadcast clues to their master plan across the whole world
and i know absolutely nothing about sane people

what i can tell you is that Frank Turner is literally the greatest man on earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join