It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olympic Thread for Sane People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well I was present for the whole of the Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD) and I have to say that I was absolutely gobsmacked by the inane and desperate comments from a vast number of ATS members, we had claims that included, but not limited to references to :

Illuminati
Pyramids
NWO
UFO's
Satan
False Flags......various!
Blood Sacrifices
Sperm
Symbology......to the max!
Lizards
The Exorcist
Plague

and comments like this:

Now the phone guy and girl are dancing in the attic which forms a pyramid with a capstone. The song overlapping is "They will not force us." The tree landscape starting to resemble the Tower of Babel (UN HQ).

What in Gods name is wrong with people?

For months now there has been a core of people that have been claiming that the London Olympics are going to be some sort of target for the "PTB" and they have been posting threads with the most tenacious of connections to the most mundane of sources....hell, you only have to look at This Thread to see the levels of insanity that surround some peoples paranoia regarding the Olympic games!

When these games end on the 17th August,and nothing apocalyptic has happened do you think it is too much to ask that the people that authored these inane and fear mongering threads, or contributed to them, come to this thread and post their apologies?

For the record, I do not believe that there will be anything other than a magnificent sporting event taking place in London this year, no false flags, no UFO's, no slaughter.......just sportsmen and women competing to be the best in the world at what they do!

Some of you may feel differently....I do not......and come the 17th August 2012 we will discover who was right and who was wrong...I know where my money is.....where's yours?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I will say this, that opening ceremony was the most mind numbingly boring event I have ever seen...

I guess Britain figured why bother even trying to top China's...

as for the rest, did you forget what site your on? This is ATS, the Internets nut house.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't think there will be any significant incidents at the Olympics. I won't create a thread stating this while complaining about conspiracy threads in a conspiracy forum, however.

Since you are not presenting a conspiracy, I feel this thread would be better suited for the Rant forum. Thoughts from one member to another... Take care.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I will say this, that opening ceremony was the most mind numbingly boring event I have ever seen...

I guess Britain figured why bother even trying to top China's...

as for the rest, did you forget what site your on? This is ATS, the Internets nut house.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but personally, I thought it was superb!

"Nut House" at times, is correct.....this obsession with seeing things that aren't there regarding the Olympics....is one of those times.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

S&F OP!

I’m still waiting for something to happen but obviously it didn’t happen during the opening ceremony or the first day of events.

When these games end on the 17th August,and nothing apocalyptic has happened do you think it is too much to ask that the people that authored these inane and fear mongering threads, or contributed to them, come to this thread and post their apologies?

You have a better chance of Nibiru landing on your porch than getting an apology.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of pseudo prophets either.

One can say "It's gonna happen,", and the other can say "It's not gonna happen."

And I shake my head thinking, neither of them know the future.

But yeah, don't let that stop you from doing the exact same thing you condemn.
Carry on my fellow ATS Prophets.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Dear Argyl,

I wouldn't take a position either way. Terrorists look for big events; but, I am sure that the security is tight as a drum. If there was a problem, which I hope there will not be, it would be difficult to convince people here that it was a terrorist. Too many think everything is a "false flag" or "psi-ops". I hope you enjoy the festivities. Peace.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You are entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but personally, I thought it was superb!

Clearly you and I have a completely different definition as to what equals "superb".

Agree to disagree.
edit on 28-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
oh, sorry about the tower of babylon thing.last night......I was thinking out loud on the keyboard, huh!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

But yeah, don't let that stop you from doing the exact same thing you condemn. Carry on my fellow ATS Prophets.

Ahh!....but the difference is that I have a 100% record up to now!......there have been numerous prophecies on ATS since I became a member....and I have called every single one of them!

As your "fellow ATS prophet" I am calling the Olympic games to be nothing more than a sporting event.....with no nefarious undertones whatsoever.....lets see if I can keep my 100% record!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What did you not like about it?....seriously, as a Brit I thought it was fantastically executed and really showed the quirkiness of Britain as a whole.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Don't stick your nose into that thread if it bothers you. I say what's wrong with you, not whats wrong with some conspiracy whacks enjoying their sensationalism.

I don't like figure skating or tennis, therefore I don't go to those events. I would be an ass if I went against my liking, then ridiculed the whole event.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Having an interest in psychology i found that thread interesting, good example of confirmation bias or apophenia, hey it's all fun and games though. Wouldn't take it personally

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

You have obviously not grasped the concept of a discussion forum have you?.....you know, sharing and discussing differing opinions?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
eh a lot of people here seem to cling to a conspiracy when nothing is going on, right now its this or that or etc will happen at the olympics because of this or that etc, and when it doesn't happen focus will shift to dec 21st 2012.. then when nothing happens there focus will again shift to something new thats far enough away to speculate about for awhile and so on and so forth. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but a lot of the time the conspiracy theories on here come off as desperate beliefs out of boredom

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by benrl

What did you not like about it?....seriously, as a Brit I thought it was fantastically executed and really showed the quirkiness of Britain as a whole.

I was not on the edge of my seat but I can say the director's commentary on the "change for the worse / industrial revolution" period in time was fantastic.

It may have been historically significant and accurate; however I loved the underline truth in how it adversely impacted the majority of the city/world citizen.

Mr. Bean is always fun too.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindXtheXveil
eh a lot of people here seem to cling to a conspiracy when nothing is going on, right now its this or that or etc will happen at the olympics because of this or that etc, and when it doesn't happen focus will shift to dec 21st 2012.. then when nothing happens there focus will again shift to something new thats far enough away to speculate about for awhile and so on and so forth. I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but a lot of the time the conspiracy theories on here come off as desperate beliefs out of boredom

Exactly!....and whilst nothing will happen at the Olympics, I will also state that nothing will happen 21st December 2012...thus keeping my 100% prediction record in tact!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You have obviously not grasped the concept of a discussion forum have you?.....you know, sharing and discussing differing opinions?

And you obviously have not grasped the concept of a conspiracy forum, have you?.....you know, sharing and discussing differing opinions?

edit on 7/28/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
sane is the one who doesn't come to this website if they don't want to read about conspiracies.
Seriously your complaining about people talking about UFO's, secret societies, and false flags on a CONSPIRACY website?

Instead of saying things like "what's wrong with you" or "insanity" why don't you try genuinely considering the claims being made and accordingly refute them ?

Seriously if your not alarmed by whats going on in the olympics your putting your head in the sand. You don't have to believe UFO's or satan to know that powerful people exist and have used false flags in the past to achieve their own interests, geo-political, economical... And we've seen predictive program actually turn into a reality with the Lone Gunman episode envisioning planes being hijacked and flown into the world trade center FIVE months before it happened. And now we have this:

Sponsored by Coca-Cola specially for the Olympics, song itself revolves around London, and played in London for New years Eve

I Predict (Riots)
I Predict (Chaos)
I Predict (people)
I Predict (aahh)
Disturbing london, got the whole city panicking
I be nostradamus my n-n-n*ggah

At 0:20, the license plate reads "YALL DED"

Also at 2:22.. bunch of guys in robes worshiping/ communicating with a stargate, while chanting "i predict an earthquake" "throw bombs on it" "we can make an earthquake up in here"

OR

how can this not be the slightest bit disconcerting or alarming?

and your calling us others insane ?

edit on 28-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I think I shared my opinion? I can discuss further. My simple opinion is that #1 the olympics are not over. #2 I am not i disagreement with you that many people are reaching to the extreme to find some conspiracy (lunacy). #3 I would assume just leave the far reaching crowd alone, as this is a conspiracy site, many younger naive persons come here as well. I took a glance at some sillyness in that forum as you pointed out, yet wasn't compelled to highlight the fact, as I figured the nonsense was to be expected.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join