It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

My standard Response to this is Yep...and I blame George Bush's no child left behind and the lack of science education...

That and fine get a compass and show me![
edit on 30-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pagedisciple

Wow, this is just getting further from plausible with every post. So now you are justifying your observations with less rational explanations? Hmmm, that doesn't seem very healthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

and that's why we have different seasons

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thank you for that! I wasn't aware that the moon's position changed.....
It's funny what you notice when you start paying close attention to something.
So many of us are watching the sky lately.....feeling that something is "off" or different.
jacygirl

And this shows how unobservant you have been in the past. This is why you cannot trust your memories like that.
Moon changes position from day to day, so it is nothing unusual that moon will rise/set in different locations at different times.
Tomorrow the moon will rise/set in a slightly different spot again.
The altitude of the moon in sky also changes drastically over short time period like a month.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

One word for you

PRECESSION

That´ll explain a LOT for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I don't think this theory has been proved or disproved as of yet. I have not seen anything other than GPS still works, etc.

It would be very easy to prove or disprove if I lived near stonehenge or a pyramid. I could take a few pictures at certain times and viola... We would have an answer.

Plus I have found some cedible evidence from what appear to be NASA sources regarding a Wobble effect. It is verified that the axis of rotation does wobble and that the wobble varies from year to year. The biggest wobble having occured in 1910...

I don't always beleive what I am told. But I usually do beleive what i can see for myself and verify. And I am trying to do that. But of course I do have a real life and work so I cannot devote every minute to research like this.

And of course since I am not a professional astronomer even I wouldnt necessarily rely on my own findings. I would ask others to repeat what I am doing and see if their findings are similar. I would also ask to see if anyone finds fault in my methods. I believe that is called the scientific method.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PragmaticBeliever

OK. I have already explained that I understand how the seasons work. I knew what procession was (at least how it works) I did have to look the term up though. The axis of spin of the planet is set at an angle. Which is why we have seasons. Thus in winter the sun sets more to the south. Which is why summer in the U.S. is winter in Australia and vice versa. Yes yes I paid attention in all my elementary and junior high science classes.

But what if the axis of spin changes. Then the seasons would necessarily change. Or what if the axis started wobbling. en.wikipedia.org... I believe if you google the Chandler Wobble you will see that in fact it has been verified that the earth does in fact wobble and that the rate of this wobble does in fact change.

I have just made an interesting observation: to wit- the sun seemed to be in the wrong position at sunset for this time of the year (i.e. late July)... Now I am trying to figure out if anyone else noticed it. If it is a recurring event and if my perception may have been incorrect based upon external factors such as clouds, etc...

After that assuming I do find something off the question then becomes what effects will it have.
edit on 30-7-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: wrong month...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I love how many people on here simply disagree and say everything is normal. Few people have said well maybe he is on to something let me see for myself and make my own determination. They just say nope my GPS still works so everything must be fine. Or the planes still fly so ok all is well.

Most of the people who agree that something is up have based that upon something they personally have seen.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can debunk this using recent evidence. We just had the summer solstice and there was the solstice party at Stonehenge. Guess what? The sun was right where it was supposed to be. So, either the makers of Stonehenge were wrong or the OP is wrong. You decide.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by Pagedisciple

Wow, this is just getting further from plausible with every post. So now you are justifying your observations with less rational explanations? Hmmm, that doesn't seem very healthy.

I said it was a nutty theory didn't I?

I would love to hear what you think I experienced, I'm open for suggestions. Believe me, I only wanna love my first mamma.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Someone pointed this out before: if something was up stonehenge and other areas like it would be off. I have been asking over and over again if anyone checks these sites regularly. So unless you are lying ( which I am not accusing you of lying) then everything is normal. Of course if the plaet does wobble but wasnt wobblign at the moment you were there it would be aligned that day but not others. Do you have any pictures by chance? I think if I was there at a solstace party and that is what that place is for then I would have taken pictures...

Finally some potentially real evidence. Even if you have no pictures I will assume you are not lying for now...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Don't most of those ancient sites reference midday sun position? That wouldn't be able to substantiate sunrise and sunsets position as applied to a distortion of the atmosphere being involved.. At midday the distortion is way less than when it's near the horizon.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Another good point... Would these sites be able to pick up any distortion if they really only measure the sun at midday. sunset would seem to be the best indicator of any distortion.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hope everyone understands that I just have a theory here. I am not saying something is or isn't going on. I simply observed something wierd with the sun. Observations are subject to influence and my perception of what I saw could have been altered by my surroundings. That is why I have asked if others have noticed it. So far everytime someone claims to provide proof that nothing is going on I am not very convinced. One person did state that they have been to stonehenge at the solstace and that the sun was in the correct position. but then someone else stated that stonehenge only measures the solstace at miday which based upon my theory probably would be the point in time where there would be little to no distortion...

I am taking the position that there seems to be more evidence that the earth has tiltedon its axis or is wobbling or something. But again I still have to verify this. Hopefully when I get off work today I can go find a decent compas and can start taking real measurements.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Don't most of those ancient sites reference midday sun position?

No. Most of them (including Stonehenge) reference the position of the Sun at sunrise.
edit on 7/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No thing is "normal". The moon is not only going around like a drunken id-iota, it is spinning. One of the Picts posted in this thread shows the moon tilted off its axis. Haven't seen that phenomena in...well, never. Also, if the earth is wobbling, perhaps measuring it at specific times in the day, everyday, for about a month, should be a good start. Not just sun-rise and -set, but a few other hours in the day. Who knows, they might just correlate to the mid-Atlantic ridge (thinnest part of the earth, full of heavy magnetic elements) when it faces the sun.

CrazyGuy2012, you are not alone, I have seen (my perception) the sun out-of-whack these past few months as well. It isn't an everyday thing. It seems to be every few days. Not sure why.

If many people are observing the same thing, then perhaps there is something to it. We are not all crazy, insane, or out of our wits. If anything, those who scream at the top of their lungs that nothing is wrong pointing historical data without so much as going out to take a look are either crazy, don't really want to know the answer, or are being paid to lie.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
I love how many people on here simply disagree and say everything is normal. Few people have said well maybe he is on to something let me see for myself and make my own determination. They just say nope my GPS still works so everything must be fine. Or the planes still fly so ok all is well.

Most of the people who agree that something is up have based that upon something they personally have seen.

...and earlier

>>
I have just made an interesting observation: to wit- the sun seemed to be in the wrong position at sunset for this time of the year (i.e. late July)... Now I am trying to figure out if anyone else noticed it. If it is a recurring event and if my perception may have been incorrect based upon external factors such as clouds, etc...
>>

What, for God's sake, would you want us to do?

You made a claim (which, initially has indeed some merit to make due to the nature of this forum)...but it has already thoroughly proven wrong by multiple people in this thread. People mentioned software, some even decades old software, telescopes, even stonehenge...all more or less methods and ways to prove/disprove your observation as wrong.

However, you keep insisting that people should rather believe you, since, your (let me say, obviously rather subjective and ultimately wrong) assumptions must be correct - regardless what computer programs and other observations say otherwise.

Sorry, but common sense and logic says that you are in the wrong - because this is nothing so difficult to show, even with free software like stellarium etc. where everyone for themselves can easily validate or invalidate your claims. And...now tell me why this silly thread goes already for 9 something pages?
edit on 30-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
well of course it has to be very cloudy tonight. It was clear all day. It was clear on my drive home. But by the time I go outside I see nothing but dark clouds. oh well... But I did see something kinda cool. Over the edge of the dark clouds I could see a hint of white clouds and through them at their very edges I could see a green line and a reddish line. Kind of like a rainbow but more curvy and with only two colors.

Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Note: my drive home is pretty much due west. although there are a few bends and curves on the road. At about 5:45 pm the sun seemed to be at about 280 degrees west north west. Pretty much normal. At about 6:00 pm it seemed to be a little further north maybe 285 degrees west north west. Then I got home and it was cloudy... Darn it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

You made a claim (which, initially has indeed some merit to make due to the nature of this forum)...but it has already thoroughly proven wrong by multiple people in this thread. People mentioned software, some even decades old software, telescopes, even stonehenge...all more or less methods and ways to prove/disprove your observation as wrong.

However, you keep insisting that people should rather believe you, since, your (let me say, obviously rather subjective and ultimately wrong) assumptions must be correct - regardless what computer programs and other observations say otherwise.

Ok you say it has been proven wrong? by who? I am not convinced it is wrong. I am not convinced it is right either.

Software, telescopes, GPS... I dont have any of them and would rely on them. Software is easily manipulated. Stonehenge I agree but only one person said they have been there recently and it is correct. Since that person is pretty much anonymous I cannot verify their credibility.

I haven't made a conclusion. I simply meant to state that those who agree that something is different have made better arguments. They don't make conclusions. They simply point out their own observations and believe there may be something to it.

Those who are opposed to this all seem to be saying "you are wrong" "You are absolutely wrong" "The machines and history say you are wrong" "So don't bother checking you are wasting your time"

Well sorry to say if I can get few clear sunsets I am gonna check anyway... It is not that I don't believe you but I would rather check myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Pretty much normal. At about 6:00 pm it seemed to be a little further north maybe 285 degrees west north west

Sounds about right.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join