It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

And again I ask since you ignored me earlier.. How come there has been no change here?? I live by the arctic circle where even small changes would amplified and very visible compared to on lower latitudes. If there was even a 3 degree shift then we would suddenly have midnight sun. If it changed by 1 or even half a degree then our summer nights would have become significantly brighter.

You might be being ignored by certain people because it can be difficult discussing something with those who assume to have all of the answers, or because you seem to already 'know', but the question still remains to those who feel something is off. Just because you seem to have scientific answer(s) to this means little to those who don't simply explain everything away because it can be explained away. It's also good to trust in our own instincts. In any event, your comments have been read--maybe someone doesn't want to reply to you.. I mean, you have been a bit rude, even calling one person "dumb" at one point.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my b/f has been commenting to me about this subject for over a year, and he is very aware of the seasons and the differences of the positioning.[I know very little on the scientific end].

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I noticed this a year ago when the sun seemed to far to the NE in the morning. now NW is what this thread is looking at. to me where I live, something is off. sunset is at nine when it should be later. we're in july right. but it feels like we're going into semptember, maybe middle of september. even the grass is beginning to dew, which shouldn't be till end of august/september.

I'm observing from the midwest.
edit on 29-7-2012 by RadioHawken because: morning

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mespen
Ive just created a new post about the 'waste of time' post that people are creating.#
This is one of them!
mmm , if you think the sun has changed posisition then maybe you need glasses, not answers on ATS!

The posts [I think you mean threads] that are such a waste of time to you, that [I guess?] you decided a thread about waste of time threads would be a good use of your & others time.

A person starts a thread in the hopes that they can gain more [or different] views on a subject. Perhaps a good many of them don't interest you, but then ATS isn't here specifically for you, and certainly not only for you. Many people have many differing opinions, ideas, questions, answers, etc. If you are not interested, or think the subject is not important... why bother commenting in the thread--unless your agenda is to troll.

I've heard several people mentioning the sun feeling as if it's different, or off somehow. Intelligent and well educated people. They mention that it feels different [listening to their instincts], they aren't saying anything about telescopes or scientific evidence. Discussion is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
The sun does not move

You need to rethink that statement bud.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

There are some other threads on this which everyone may find interesting. Maybe some info from one of those threads might be helpful to your thread. Just type in "Inuit" and "Sun" in the ATS search and you'll find some reading.

Here's one for starters:

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starred and flagged

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

In reading your comment it had me considering if what some people are feeling has something to do with the magnetic pole being some distance removed from the geographical pole..... something to do with the magnetic field effecting our senses. Never know......stranger things and all that...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
reply to post by juleol

And again I ask since you ignored me earlier.. How come there has been no change here?? I live by the arctic circle where even small changes would amplified and very visible compared to on lower latitudes. If there was even a 3 degree shift then we would suddenly have midnight sun. If it changed by 1 or even half a degree then our summer nights would have become significantly brighter.

You might be being ignored by certain people because it can be difficult discussing something with those who assume to have all of the answers, or because you seem to already 'know', but the question still remains to those who feel something is off. Just because you seem to have scientific answer(s) to this means little to those who don't simply explain everything away because it can be explained away. It's also good to trust in our own instincts. In any event, your comments have been read--maybe someone doesn't want to reply to you.. I mean, you have been a bit rude, even calling one person "dumb" at one point.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my b/f has been commenting to me about this subject for over a year, and he is very aware of the seasons and the differences of the positioning.[I know very little on the scientific end].

This is one of the best replies I have seen in quite some time. Star for you!

While I cannot disagree with seemingly established "computer program facts", if I cannot verify those "facts" with my own experiences, I can disagree with where and how those facts came to be.

When I go outside, and look to the west in the evening, and see that the sun is not where I think it should be, it makes me wonder. It especially makes me wonder about it when I have witnessed the sunset from the same exact place on earth for the past 25+ years. And it makes me wonder even more when my dad, who is not even remotely into any sort of things that are talked about on this site, mentions it in an off hand comment.

Bottom line...if someone can tell me why, for the past 25+ years, when I have been driving from east to west in the evening, I used to be blinded by the light of the sun.

For the past few weeks, the sun has been to my right, still bright, but not right in my face...

Never really thought about it before til this thread, and when my dad said something about it...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me you are justing trolling.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't know if the sun's position has changed or not but I felt compelled to reply. Today, I took my mother to do her shopping and she said the same thing to me, that the sun was not in its usual spot, and that it looked weird to her.
Whether that lends any merit to the convo, I don't know, just thought it odd that you were talking about the exact same thing she had been speaking of.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ok, I have to say something. My dad and I were driving around just the other day and he noticed this. I thought it was just something off, because I know the sun sets to the north in summer but that's about the extent of my skywatching abilities. But he said no, this was weird. I'll have to tell him tomorrow that he was right.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

But he said no, this was weird. I'll have to tell him tomorrow that he was right.

No. Don't tell him that. The Sun is setting right where it should be. Not in the north, but in the northwest.

It sets behind a mountain range from my point of view. I've been living here for 16 years and it is setting behind the same peak it always does at this time of year.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

You aren't the only one who's noticed.

edit on 30-7-2012 by ThePursuitOfTruth because: better video

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
reply to post by MegaSpace

Any other people notice something different in the sky, sun, moon, stars, etc...????

yes. i noticed the same observations with the sun & moon.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Whoa me and friend were driving northwest directly into a setting sun just a few days ago was tripping!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well, i live in Florida also, from my perspective, i sense a difference in light from the Sun and shadows do not quite make sense.
However, i do trip out like this at times. Its happened to me before almost as if i wake up to another reality or dimension.
I think its more a personal thing with me and not the Sun itself.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadioHawken
I noticed this a year ago when the sun seemed to far to the NE in the morning. now NW is what this thread is looking at. to me where I live, something is off. sunset is at nine when it should be later. we're in july right. but it feels like we're going into semptember, maybe middle of september. even the grass is beginning to dew, which shouldn't be till end of august/september.

I'm observing from the midwest.
edit on 29-7-2012 by RadioHawken because: morning

Dew forms on a surface when the temperature of a surface is below the dewpoint of the air surrounding that surface and has nothing to do the time of the year.

Sunset is at 8:12 pm tonight for Chicago, IL. Check it out. If it is off by more than a minute, then post on the thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You're not alone, I notice it too, I live in the same state been noticing it for awhile now. S & F for thinking about posting the question.

I heard that we moved a little bit (I don't remember how much) with the Indonesia quake and following tsunami that killed all those people. Other than that I don't remember hearing anything else about Sun and or Earth's movement.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No, you are not crazy because I actually had the same thoughts last evening while standing outside chatting with some friends. I would not have noticed it but the setting sun was hitting me directly in the face and when I decided to move, I realised I was looking almost due North. It is Winter here and I know the sun sets further North in Winter but this was a hugely noticable deviation from where it should have been.

What it means? Not sure at all - but I also know that the Earth's poles are shifting ...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sunrise 0558 in Chicago, IL...look out my window and voila...there is the Sun.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If the earth had shifted on its axis the GPS units the Inuit use with those snowmobiles and the satellite TV they have in their homes wouldn't work properly.

Instinct, intuition and feelings have their place but on a subject like this they are trumped by the scientific method.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join