It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I live in Florida. I am looking now at the sunset. I have done this many times but I haven't looked in a while. It setting too far north. I wish I had a compass to measure it. Anyone else noticing this? Anyone interested who has a compass handy if you can record your position and the position of the sun maybe we can figure this out?

The sun isn't supposed to move. Therefore, I can only assume (if I am not crazy or disoriented) that the rotation of the earth is changing. I have read that the ice caps in Greenland have melted a significant amount in the last few days. Some say it is global warming or climate change. If the earth's rotation changes then the climate in many areas definitely would change. Essentially think about the equator... It is the hottest place on the planet because that is the middle. Directly east to west or vice versa. If the poles shift a little bit then the equator could begin to run through some other direction.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

The sun isn't supposed to move. Therefore, I can only assume (if I am not crazy or disoriented) that the rotation of the earth is changing.

Not sure about crazy.
www.eaae-astronomy.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

The location of the sun changes a little every single day.
Nothing to worry about...It's just our Universe at work.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In a realistic way you can measure, the sunset/sunrise times are projected and written all over and for a long period out into the future. It would seem to me that if positions were getting screwed up, those numbers would change in a provable way and pretty quick?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I understand that and I also have a very good sense of direction. The position of the sun changes constantly. It is more to the south during the winter and more to the north in summer. But to me it seems like it is about ten degrees to far north than it should be. Maybe fifteen degrees off... It seems to be a little too far north.

I am a constant skywatcher and I have seen many sunsets. The suns position doesn't seem right for the end of july...

If I had measured it using a compass on July 28 of last year and compared it to this year I am sure it would be much more north right now. But since I never predicted this would happen I cannot prove it. But it doesn't seem to be right.

I think the difference should be more noticeable the more north or south you are. Either way not sure this would end life or anything like that. It just seems like it would cause a very rapid change. areas that were cold will be hot, hot cold, dry will be wet, wet areas will become deserts.

I am not sure I posted this in the right area. This isn't a psychic prediction. Just a prediction based upon my observations.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yup it would be very easy to figure out if something was wrong. I just noticed it today and haven't had a chance to look into it. It should be very easy to confirm shouldn't it...

Take your position. Measure the angle of the sun and where it sets. Then compare it to where it should be.

Ok I understand it changes throughout the year? but anyone know if it is supposed to change over the years. I.E. would it be in a different position at the same time on the same day each year. I always thought it would be in the same position at the same exact time each year. Maybe I was wrong...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The sun does not move the earth moves. Its the reason we have seasons. If it did not change position then we would be stuck in one season depending where you are on earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are ancient monuments all over the earth that are still aligned with the sun at solstices and equinoxes---like Chichen Itza. Wouldn't work if the relationship between the sun and earth had changed.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I know nothing about this sort of thing, but wanted to comment because my b/f has been saying that he's noticed this as well. He's 48 yrs old and has been a sky watcher all of his life and says;"It feels off.. different." So, at least you know that you aren't alone--for what it's worth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok I havent been reading responses but have been doing research. I found this. I haven't researched the sources but it is weird.

www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Good point. When was the last time anyone checked to see if stone henge was still functioning as a calendar or if it is off. I remember going to a very accurate sundial in Canada when I was younger. How are all of these things reading now? Any one checked these sites lately to see if they are now off? I am not near one I know of. Anyone living close to one who can check?

edit on 28-7-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Your b/f is right. It's more than the seasonal tilts of the axis..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarlyDurban

Ok you say it hasn't moved but have you looked yourself and have you measured the sun positions yourself. If you have and you have readings to show everything is normal then I have no reason to dispute you. But I would like to check and see for myself to be sure. I figure it would be easy too do it would just take a little time.

I just made an observation and pointed it out. Also I just began doing research and have seen articles that may imply that something is up. I have to look at the sources of the articles. I would have been very skeptical had I read the articles first. But I noticed something myself and then did a search to see if there were any other reports to support what I have seen.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Then you can let him know that another skywatcher has seen observed it too.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The earthquake in Japan shifted Earth's axis by about 6.5 inches... here is the link. Maybe that's why it looks different?
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 28-7-2012 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So why has the software that I use to locate astronomical objects telling me the sun and everything else is in the right place and it hasn't been updated on my computer for years? Why does my telescope which was manufactured in 2007 still point at the Sun when use the auto point function on it? Why are all of our TV satellite dishes still receiving signals while not being re-aimed? Why is there no indication of change from SOHO, Stereo, and all of the other solar observation missions? Why are all of the Earth observation satellites still pointed at the right locations?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arduous
The earthquake in Japan shifted Earth's axis by about 6.5 inches... here is the link. Maybe that's why it looks different?
www.nasa.gov...

How does a 6.5 inch pole shift result in a 10 degree shift in the Sun's observable position?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How is it that the worlds (I'm going to go with) 10s of thousands of professional and amateur astronomers have not raised an alarm about this. It would be world changing news.
edit on 28-7-2012 by dainoyfb because: of typos.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Not saying it does, I was just trying to help him out a little. Other than what NASA has said I haven't heard anything else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join