It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Celebrate Rare White Bison at Conn. Farm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am beginning to wonder about the validity of the 'one in ten million' figure.

Google search will show you how many white buffalo have been born in recent history.

Here is what has happened at one ranch:

Spirit Mountain Ranch donated the herd of white buffalo to Sacred World Peace Church and Alliance,[4] in Flagstaff, Arizona (now Bend, Oregon) and has successfully bred four generations of white buffalo starting from a single white female, almost all with brown fathers. Their herd includes fourteen white animals as of May 9, 2011: Miracle Moon (female, born April 30, 1997), calf of Big Momma (brown). Miracle Moon (the first white of this line) has been DNA tested, and is shown to be 100% buffalo, or bison. Rainbow Spirit (female, born June 8, 2000, calf of Miracle Moon) Mandela Peace Pilgrim (female, born July 18, 2001, calf of Miracle Moon) Arizona Spirit (male, born July 1, 2002, calf of Miracle Moon) Sunrise Spirit (female, born May 22, 2004, calf of Mandela Peace Pilgrim) Spirit Thunder (male, born May 27, 2004, calf of Rainbow Spirit) Chief Hiawatha (male, born May 16, 2005, calf of Miracle Moon)[1] Our Lucky Star (male, born June 10, 2006, calf of Big Momma) White Spirit (male, born June 10, 2007, calf of Sunrise Spirit) Happy Spirit (female, born May 4, 2008, calf of Miracle Moon) Dena's Pride 'n' Joy (female, born May 15, 2008, calf of Big Momma) On June 4, 2006, Miracle Moon gave birth to Little Dream Walker, a snow white baby (albino), sired by Arizona Spirit. This was the first white to white breeding. He died on June 6, 2006, due to albinism. J.R. Spirit (female, born May 7, 2011 to Mandala Peace Pilgrim) white calf Opal Sunrise Spirit (male, born May 8, 2011 to Sunrise Spirit) non-albino white calf with black eyes and black nose (not pink) Silver Spirit (calf born May 9, 2011 to Miracle Moon) male white calf

Wikipedia: White Buffalo

How many bison have been born in the last 12 years?
For the statistic that everyone is throwing around, one would expect that there should be around 140 million bison born to get those 14 that have come from one ranch, and that isn't all of the white buffalo that have been born in the last 12 years.

Also keep in mind that the entire population of American Bison was 50 million when the Europeans arrived in North America. That population was large enough to create herds that darkened the prairie as far as the eye could see. Anyone really think that there have been 140 million bison born in the last 12 years?

The only place I see any reference to the 'one in 10 million' figure is connected to National Bison Association. I didn't see any figures that come from any universities.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Sorry, someone had to say it : Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We had one out here in the Whichata mountains for a long time. Don't know if he's still alive or not, he was old when I was a kid. Neat story, thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ironically I just watched a great old X-Files episode that had to do with a white bison being born. It signaled the life of Fox Mulder being saved and coming back to kick more alien agenda ass!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

I thought the same thing reading this, I hope this one doesn't get killed. The conspiracy side to me wants to know the motive, who wants to kill an animal with a good message? Is it a stab at the Native people, or is it symbolic (occult)?
edit on 30-7-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Perhaps we'll see in a while.........................

Hopefully not, but who knows. Isn't it crazy that they got pretty similar names?
I will monitor the situation over the next weeks, occultism is an option too.

Can somebody tell me/us more about a story (i can't remember exactly)in which 3 Calfs will be born the same night/day? And that should/could be a special sign.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

I pray they guard this one well. Perhaps why it took awhile to report its birth.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

Wow thats pretty awesome! Im incorporating this into my book now...i totally forgot about the origins of the peace pipe!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
nice to a see a positive thread....hope nothing happens to him.....I remember that one a while back..how much it meant to the native american tribes...everyone visiting it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join