It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The OP has been on ATS twice since my last response... I guess I didn't specifically ASK for a response, so now I will.
Questions for the OP:
1. What is "pain and suffering" to you? Can you be specific as to the pain and suffering you're talking about? Is it worse than the pain and suffering of losing the only baby you'll ever be able to have? Is it worse than watching one's mother wither and die? Is it worse than having breast cancer and losing both breasts? Or chronic, daily pain? Please be specific.
2. Who will experience this pain and suffering? Just me? Or would my husband and child also experience it? BIG difference!
3. And as long as I'm asking questions that will probably not be answered, WHY do you ASSUME that the choice of being homeless with one's loved ones would be the selfish choice? Oh, never mind, I have answered my own question. You ASSUMED it was.
You asked a "trick question" and then got up on your high horse so you could cast shame on us for being selfish and dishonest... I can only wonder as to the motivation in doing such a thing... I honestly cannot imagine purposely setting people up, only to shame them for this supposed "dishonesty"... It's just so weird.
By the way, I read my previous reply to my husband and he agreed 100%, except he hates it when people say, "I'm just sayin'" so he told me he didn't like that part, but the rest was completely right on. If he were still posting here, he'd tell you himself.edit on 7/29/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by Alyssa
1. Pain and Suffering: Meaning beyond the ATS users past and/or current experiences.
2. Does it really matter which group of atoms suffer?
All human actions are 100% selfish. Without your selfish-drive you wouldn't add value to the entities in your current state of existence.
My motives / plans are incomprehensible.
Originally posted by Alyssa
So much dishonesty in this topic. A nice warm large home, Tons of food, Beautiful (or handsome) looks, you basically have a very relaxing life. By NOT picking choice (A) you people are being selfish. All of you went with (B) because it made YOU feel good.
Choice (A) was about natural logical comfort that had nothing to do with selfishness.
Choice (B) was about YOU picking it because YOU thought it was the right thing to do. YOU want to be with your loved one because it makes YOU feel good. If choice (B) didn't make YOU feel better most of you wouldn't have picked it. All your acts of warmth and kindness toward loved ones are pure selfishness based on how good it made YOU feel.
So much dishonesty in this topic