It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should you live to avoid the effects of TSHTF? And why? (America)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Alright, listen. I am a 19 year old conspiracy theorist, somewhat of an activist, prepper, and I've successfully converted all my friends, who are or close to my age, into theorists as well. We are living together, and we plan to live together after we move as well... my first choice was Texas, because it was my original home, my culture, and I love the gun laws. However, the main highway that the military are likely to use during a raid of the public would stretch from Mexico through Texas, and Texas would be the first country to be invaded. Also, there are many military bases and politicians (ex-presidents) who live in Texas.

Now, we're all pretty much kids, looking for a place to travel, and a safe place to live at the same time... I'm thinking of surviving during a nation wide panic, pandemic, martial law, riots, and ect. We still want to be close to a city, but not living in one. We want to be relatively secluded, but not off the maps. I would strongly prefer a state without strict gun laws, like Texas. I want out home to be safe, or at least, as safe as possible, from any possible upcoming problems that might occur. And also, I wonder how many of you all are thinking of this; where to live, how to remain safe, guns or no guns, live alone or with a group, and above all, your reasons behind your decisions.

Which of the American states has unstrict gun laws, and over all, a less-corrupted state government? (Tennessee, for example, has a relatively crooked state government, which I don't enjoy). I'm looking for all responses--ideas, experiences, and even statistics (even though I hate them).

What state is best and safest to live in? And why? Which town especially?

Give me your input

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm British and don't live in the US so maybe my words mean nothing to you or this thread but if I was you I'd just get the hell out of America.

# is going down.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well living communally as it sounds you are is a good start.

As for where, Id say the gun law thing is not as important as say price of land, ease of access, nearness to where you live now etc.

Many states though do have fairly open gun laws, Montana and Vermont are probably up there as the most open.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I'm British and don't live in the US so maybe my words mean nothing to you or this thread but if I was you I'd just get the hell out of America.

no need to flee the country, what many people who haven't traveled this country don't seem to understand just how HUGE the US is, there are plenty of rural places in the middle of nowhere.

I am sure there are entire areas the size of the entire land mass of England that are just open range or wilderness or forest depending on where you go.

California alone is three times the land mass of England BTW, and its not even the biggest state.

List of US states by area

edit on 28-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Texas is a huge state. If you're referring to I-35 that runs through the heart of central Texas, there's plenty of the state on either side that only has highways through it, not interstates.

We choose far west Texas for our bug-out location. I would prefer not to give my nearest town, for reasons of privacy, but where we're at is extremely isolated, but we can get to town in an hour if we choose (70 mph speed limits help), and the nearest interstate is over an hour away.

There are many of us out here, a mile or so apart, and we're all armed to the teeth. I think we'll be left alone, for the most part, if TSHTF. Also, the altitude is over 3700 ft above sea level if natural flooding were to be an issue in the US.

I'm sure there are plenty of places around the US that are good bug-out locations, but we're on a flat prairie and it would be awfully hard for people to sneak up on us. Plus the property taxes are cheap and the thanks to all the farmers and old windmills around here, we would live without electricity and do well, easily.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Wouldn't you feel a lot safer completely away from the US government? I'm not saying the UK and I don't know where but still.
# living under the US government. Sorry kf I've offended any patriots.. I'm just calling it as I see it from across the pond I care about you guys.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just because you buy your guns lawfully in texas, doesn't mean they have to stay there once you leave.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't you feel a lot safer completely away from the US government? I'm not saying the UK and I don't know where but still.

Thats the thing, there are more of us than them, any time of "subjugation" of the US would be a massive undertaking.

Look at Iraq its 169,235 sq miles of land

CA is 163,695.57...

The us Millitary can't completely secure an area the size of Ca, how would they even attempt to secure all 50 States.

Look what happens when they even Hint at gun control, 40% gun sale increase...

Any threat to the US would end up being either External in nature or Financial.

And in many states alone they have the resources where if they just got their # together could self sustain, Ca's agriculture if properly funneled could sustain it indefinitely.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Bunker under ground. Yes they are a bit pricey to fit five people, around 32=36k. Covers everything though including

generator solar./diesel, small kitchen./dining area, a bathroom with walk in eco friendly shower no tub so forget about a

candle lit baths, small living room, 2 bed rooms. Storage tank of 5,ooo gallons of water rain collecting system.

Honestly, if SHTF your going to want to be under ground.. That should be THE ultimate goal.

Right now at 19,

get a 12gauge shot gun .

Granted you still have your civil liberties in tack. Meaning no felonies. All the crap and fancy gear and food is worthless

if I can just take it from you or die. Don't trust the room' ies on protecting you. Never know how some people

will react under hard pressure you must keep the control. Without going into to much detail. If which I hope it

doesn't, SHTF i willl be going down under.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
seems like I have seen this question posted before.
We are in Texas, Only 537 ft elev .. hope its a safe enough spot.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If America goes down - England will too.

London, the capital of cameras on every street corner watching your every move.
England, with a no gun policy.
England with a Queen that is the largest - yes largest private land owner on the planet (she owns a lot of land in America).

You could get lost in America literally - we are so much bigger and there are places, we have some acreage hidden away, with a fresh non polluted water supply.

America - we will never surrender our guns and while a missile or other high tech military equipment could take out a lot of us, they couldn't take out all of us and many of us have hidden bunkers - yes hidie holes.

If America goes down so does England because our banks are so in bed together.

We can still hide - England, all of the British Isles are so small compared even to Texas, our second larges state - Alaska is our largest.

You could get lost and never found here in America..........................we are a large country.

Now, you are talking New World Order and England will be easier to control than America.

The New World Order is going global - don't forget that. But, America is so large, if one is crafty enough, even the drones and other high tech military equipment won't be able to find us all.

sordnbord.blogspot.com...

To give you a perspective on size here is a picture of the British Isles compared to America.

The orange is The British Isles (where most of my ancestors hail from) and the green is America.

Also, I have several friends in Mexico and Canada, we are blessed with good neighbors and my non-American friends have told me if things get too bad, there is always a spare room for me and mine.

Canada is REALLY BIG AND BARE..................ALL WOODS.

As stated before however, the NWO is going global and possibly there will be no where to run, no where to hide.

Safe journey to all good, kind hearted folk.

And below is how big Alaska is....................one big cold sucker.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I also read that Texas is sooooooooooooooo BIG that state alone could fit every single living human on the planet in that one state and not elbow to elbow either..............argue that and I will get the sources.

Simply research it.

America is really big.

Just going from one end of my state to the other long ways would take 2-3 days going by highway at a fast speed.

My husband says out west you can drive for days and not see another living soul.
edit on 28-7-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Thats the thing, there are more of us than them, any time of "subjugation" of the US would be a massive undertaking.

I agree with a lot of what you post, we have similar opinions on a lot of things. But I disagree on this one

The government has control of the media, and media is an extremely powerful force when used for propaganda purposes.

Hitler used media and manipulation to successfully convince his entire population that outsiders destroyed the Reichstag, that immigrants, gays, intellectuals and Jews were the cause of everything wrong in Germany, and that it was a good idea to invade as many nations as possible.

The US has already used media to justify a war in Iraq and Afghanistan, somehow connecting 9/11 to those two nations when even the FBI could not prove a connection to Bin Laden.

Thousands in Libya believed in Gaddafi when he was broadcasting utter nonsense, even when he showed economic protests in London and claimed that they were British supporters of the Libyan regime.

Some people in Syria still believe that "terrorists" are responsible for attacking civilians - from government tanks, choppers and fighter jets.

All the US government would need to do is turn the American people against whoever it is planning to rise up, make them into terrorists through a basic false flag attack, and the masses would be on their side. People want security over freedom, and if they're fed something they can swallow, they'll gladly swallow it to feel safe.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He is right.. While my road trip there was always someone around.
From northern california Buttonwillow to southern california Valencia took 4 days
just one state!!
Over population as of now is a farce. Hundreds of miles of surrounded
by land with no one on.. OP can go bug out in the woods in shtf need a tent a rifle to get food
will be hunting 8=10 hours a day for anything worth while././ Much rather have a stockpile and bunker

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Currrently gun laws won't mean a damn if something bad happens or politicians national or local change their minds. Don't let that piece of law effect you too much. Unless therr is an existing ban on weapons you man want to have.

As far as where, after a trip to the coast from the Austin area last week, my money bet on survival would be anyplace on the gulf coast. Winters are mild and plenty of fish and crabs in the water. Pick one of the towns that is not too touristy, the rents and general cost of living will be cheaper than say in Galveston or Corpus.

You can discover a lot on-line. One question you can get answers from is crime stats and general info from real estate pros about where not to move in some of those cities that are cheap,but not a place for a decent person. Good luck.

I've just started looking myself. I have no great love of deep water, but the food in the sea may someday be the only place you can obtain it with virtually no cost or risk. And if you love water, you can hardly lose if you chose carefully.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Most likely scenario is a financial meltdown so your biggest worry would probably be roaming gangs of looters looking for food. Being in a comunity is your best protection and being out in the wilds in a well defended building with higly visible means of access would be my advice. Must be many areas in the US that would be ideal for such undertakings, the trick would be to have a bug out location, provisions and equipment already planned.

In these kind of scenarios it's also long term planning that would keep you alive, knowledge of medicine, farming, mechanics would be essential for any realistic long term survival plans. Mental attitude is one of the most important factors in any survial situation so better be prepared to face hardships and be adaptable.

Unless it's some global screw up i think the US isn't the worst place to be assuming you're in an isolated enough spot. UK would be one of the worse places as it's too small and once the cities ran out of food, well you can imagine.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just remember the 33 rules.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Depends really. The best advice, head for high ground. That covers as many bases as possible.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Havent been stateside since early 80 ... but from what recall of things there would say you have 3 possible choices of locations - arizona ... new mexico or montana ... good luck though if you get the skill and resources youd be better off leaving that cesspool entirely ...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by benrl

I agree with a lot of what you post, we have similar opinions on a lot of things. But I disagree on this one

The government has control of the media, and media is an extremely powerful force when used for propaganda purposes.

Hitler used media and manipulation to successfully convince his entire population that outsiders destroyed the Reichstag, that immigrants, gays, intellectuals and Jews were the cause of everything wrong in Germany, and that it was a good idea to invade as many nations as possible.

The US has already used media to justify a war in Iraq and Afghanistan, somehow connecting 9/11 to those two nations when even the FBI could not prove a connection to Bin Laden.

Thousands in Libya believed in Gaddafi when he was broadcasting utter nonsense, even when he showed economic protests in London and claimed that they were British supporters of the Libyan regime.

Some people in Syria still believe that "terrorists" are responsible for attacking civilians - from government tanks, choppers and fighter jets.

All the US government would need to do is turn the American people against whoever it is planning to rise up, make them into terrorists through a basic false flag attack, and the masses would be on their side. People want security over freedom, and if they're fed something they can swallow, they'll gladly swallow it to feel safe.

Going way off topic and your wrong!

smile your on candid camera osama bin laden bragged about it.
He was a very smart man. How he got retarded weak minded nut
jobs to do his dirty work. OP- wants to know good place in SHTF
underground under a mountain. NOW STAY ON TOPIC or leave thread

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

That's a great plan if you are a cajillionaire. Not many of us here, could afford to build this

top topics

<<   2 >>

join