It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World on Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Folks, we are at a crossroads. I'm so world-weary .... I'm so hoping I can encourage others who feel the way I do, and let them know we are a significant challenge to the status quo...

I'm posting this here and not in the "Off Topic Religion Faith Theology" forum, because it is very much a "social issue."

Please, watch this. Not just "listen" while you're cleaning up the kitchen.....
Please, watch it. Read the text that go along with the pics.....

I would like to discuss how this idea, this FACT, can save us. It's been dropped in our laps, folks. We have to step up.
I know I'm not supposed to post 'minimal' comments, and I know that some members are for whatever reason unable to view vids......

So, here are the lyrics:

Hearts are worn in these dark ages
You're not alone in this story's pages
Night has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I try to hold it in, yeah I try to hold it in

[Chorus]
The world's on fire and
It's more than I can handle
Tap into the water
(I try to bring my share)
I try to bring more
More than I can handle
(Bring it to the table)
Bring what I am able

I watch the heavens and I find no calling
Something I can do to change what's coming
Stay close to me while the sky is falling
Don't wanna be left alone, don't wanna be alone

[Chorus]

Hearts break, hearts mend
Love still hurts
Visions clash, planes crash
Still there's talk of
Saving souls, still the cold
Is closing in on us

We part the veil on our killing sun
Stray from the straight line on this short run
The more we take, the less we become
The fortune of one man means less for some
[Chorusx2]

Can we please address these issues? Will you ladies and gentlemen please watch the video, and then comment on it, and how it impacted you?

Please?
~wild
edit on 28-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sadly it's not allowed in my country

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Not enough people want to change, they just want to say it with words

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Totally blown away. I've often screamed in my head that a leading actor doesn't need $20,000,000 to play in a movie. A baseball player doesn't need $100,000,000 to throw a ball. These salaries seem so out of reality when considering the deplorable state of which so many people live.

Good for Sarah for doing this.

A million
for posting this.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Until the common people of this world can see past their petty differences, and come together as one voice, against the greed and corruption in governing bodies worldwide. None of this will change. It is we the people who must hold their feet to the fire. Until we do that collectively...

All the money ever printed and stamped will not help the downtrodden and oppressed of this planet. Because all the money and resources sent to places like Africa is intercepted by their own government, and used to make their lives "cushy", while their people struggle to feed themselves one meal a day, if they get that.

It isn't our money they need. It's our voices and hearts, in harmony with theirs.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

Sadly it's not allowed in my country

Can you please explain? What country are you in? What do they not allow? Videos? Charity? Thanks for responding...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Totally blown away. I've often screamed in my head that a leading actor doesn't need $20,000,000 to play in a movie. A baseball player doesn't need $100,000,000 to throw a ball. These salaries seem so out of reality when considering the deplorable state of which so many people live.

A million for posting this.

You are welcome. Not sure how it got rerouted to "General Chitchat", but whatever.
Thanks for your response.
Yeah, good for Sarah, eh?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It isn't our money they need. It's our voices and hearts, in harmony with theirs.

Since I don't have any money to send, and you are right, their govts are corrupt, all I can offer is my voice and heart.
Thanks, Klass.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Not enough people want to change, they just want to say it with words

Sadly, this is true. Thanks for participating.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Just says the uploader made it unavailable to my country (Canada.)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

Bummer! The text that accompanies the vid shows how Sarah spent the $150,000 (usual cost of a music vid) giving the people struggling in 3rd world countries -- for schools, medical care, food, emergency reliefe -- all but the $15 it cost to make this youtube video.
She's an angel.
Thanks for participating.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Klassified

Since I don't have any money to send, and you are right, their govts are corrupt, all I can offer is my voice and heart.
Thanks, Klass.

Don't send the money. To make a real difference you should be face to face. Not trying to disarm you, just saying that throwing money at situations won't make a big difference.
Alot of charities skim

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Don't send the money. To make a real difference you should be face to face.

You are right! That's why for 10 years I worked on the front lines in the urban core, with the disenfranchised population, as a lowest-level social worker. I did it face to face.

Thanks for pointing that out, though.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Don't send the money. To make a real difference you should be face to face.

You are right! That's why for 10 years I worked on the front lines in the urban core, with the disenfranchised population, as a lowest-level social worker. I did it face to face.

Thanks for pointing that out, though.

Sure, but we can't all get there. Then the money would have to be spent on feeding those willing to physically put the time in. Yes? No?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

A million
for posting this.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure, but we can't all get there. Then the money would have to be spent on feeding those willing to physically put the time in. Yes? No?

No, we can't all get there. And yes, the people going there would also need to be fed. I think that many who have plenty are simply complacent (and inasmuch, complicit). It is the world's governments that are corrupt. We do need to hold their feet to the fire, as well as the uber rich. For some of us, the best we can do is refuse to participate.

I've often wondered what would happen if we did try that "what if?" scenario --

everyone call in sick,
don't get in your car,
don't go shopping,
don't go to ball games or the movies,
turn off your electricity for a day,
pull your money out of the major banks,
if your neighbor is hungry, share a meal with them,

and especially -- NO ONE goes to polls to vote.

...it takes two to play a game.

If one walks away...game over. Likewise with a dance. If one partner changes their steps or simply stops dancing, the other is left with nothing to do but change.

I don't know. I just think it'd be worth a shot, everyone did it for just one day. Refuse to participate.

Just morning musing...
thanks for your thoughts, everybody.

edit on 29-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

No, we can't all get there. And yes, the people going there would also need to be fed. I think that many who have plenty are simply complacent (and inasmuch, complicit). It is the world's governments that are corrupt. We do need to hold their feet to the fire, as well as the uber rich. For some of us, the best we can do is refuse to participate.

I've often wondered what would happen if we did try that "what if?" scenario --

everyone call in sick,
don't get in your car,
don't go shopping,
don't go to ball games or the movies,
turn off your electricity for a day,
pull your money out of the major banks,

and especially -- NO ONE goes to polls to vote.

...it takes two to play a game.

If one walks away...game over. Likewise with a dance. If one partner changes their steps or simply stops dancing, the other is left with nothing to do but change.

I don't know. I just think it'd be worth a shot, everyone did it for just one day. Refuse to participate.

Just morning musing...
thanks for your thoughts, everybody.

Excellent! What I really go for is the no voting, no paying taxes for one year, and everyone stop paying on loans and mortgages. This would be a truly threatening message from 'We The People" to the rich and powerful. The message being: DON'T #### WITH US.

The sad part is that we are soooo powerful, but either most of us don't know it, or are too afraid to wield that power.
edit on 7/29/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

no paying taxes for one year, and everyone stop paying on loans and mortgages.

Ya know, jigger? I had the don't pay the mortgage and stop paying taxes part in there, and pulled it out (for what? fear of being targeted and labeled as a rabble rouser suggesting people "disobey" the laws.). How ironic, eh?

So thank you for putting it "back in" for me. I always wait until the very last minute to file taxes, and to send in my mortgage...I have been stalling on my student loan (so far without trouble -- I just tell them the truth, I don't have any money)...
I guess I keep hoping that maybe 'this month' all the corrupt will be rounded up and hushed, and like they did in ancient Greece, all debts forgiven, a clean slate can start again. It was a total overhaul, and it worked, until the greedy came in again and messed it all up. I'll look for the source material, it was from a treatise on Plato or Aristotle's politics...Seneca? I'll get back to you with it...but yeah, he tried it, and it worked.

We are the Roman Empire, you know. And once again, Rome will fall. This time less than 300 years after it got started. The USA is like a snotty adolescent bully...too big for its britches, an upstart, with military installations all over the damn place that don't/shouldn't need to be there...and It's embarrassing. We need to butt out of the world's business, let them be, and manage our own country, which is huge, and has plenty of resources. And stop forcing the smaller ones to give us their lunch money or share their tater tots. It makes me sick.

Even the pres of Iran said in a recent interview, "We don't have a problem with the American people, we love them. It is their government that is the problem."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

no paying taxes for one year, and everyone stop paying on loans and mortgages.

Ya know, jigger? I had the don't pay the mortgage and stop paying taxes part in there, and pulled it out (for what? fear of being targeted and labeled as a rabble rouser suggesting people "disobey" the laws.). How ironic, eh?

So thank you for putting it "back in" for me. I always wait until the very last minute to file taxes, and to send in my mortgage...I have been stalling on my student loan (so far without trouble -- I just tell them the truth, I don't have any money)...
I guess I keep hoping that maybe 'this month' all the corrupt will be rounded up and hushed, and like they did in ancient Greece, all debts forgiven, a clean slate can start again. It was a total overhaul, and it worked, until the greedy came in again and messed it all up. I'll look for the source material, it was from a treatise on Plato or Aristotle's politics...Seneca? I'll get back to you with it...but yeah, he tried it, and it worked.

We are the Roman Empire, you know. And once again, Rome will fall. This time less than 300 years after it got started. The USA is like a snotty adolescent bully...too big for its britches, an upstart, with military installations all over the damn place that don't/shouldn't need to be there...and It's embarrassing. We need to butt out of the world's business, let them be, and manage our own country, which is huge, and has plenty of resources. And stop forcing the smaller ones to give us their lunch money or share their tater tots. It makes me sick.

Even the pres of Iran said in a recent interview, "We don't have a problem with the American people, we love them. It is their government that is the problem."

Ten stars for this if I could. But make no mistake, it has to be a decisive majority in order for any of this to work. Until then I'm payin'. No martyr here!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Ten stars for this if I could. But make no mistake, it has to be a decisive majority in order for any of this to work. Until then I'm payin'. No martyr here!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Me, too. Sometimes when I'm riled up I think about it, though, which is just about as effective as yelling into the mirror and chewing out someone I can't stand....
Makes me feel better to vent it, but it's only rarely, very rarely, that I do so in actuality.

Still, in a recent thread that showed the Dalai Lama's revised 18 rules for living, he said:
"If you think you are too small to make any difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

top topics

join