Rapex: fighting rape with brutal force

page: 2
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer
 



I would agree but you cant shoot someone for thinking they might rape you and in a struggle the woman is usually overpowered. Chances are the gun would never come into play. The pic in your post reminds me of a friend who bought a hand gun because her purse was snatched off her shoulder and stolen. Where did she keep her gun to stop someone from stealing her purse? In her purse.


Then try this:



What’s always most important is being aware of your surrounding and not putting yourself in vulnerable situations. I bet if every woman who was ever raped was proficient in the use of a firearm, had one readily available, and was more aware of the potential danger of her surroundings, the number of actual rapes that have occurred would be drastically fewer.
edit on 28-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by TRGreer
 


Women in those kind of positions are not acting on their own. She is being the soft sales pitch for an extremely blindly patriarchal idea of ownership of women whereby, as many of the more unequal societies would rather murder a rape victim than be dishonored.

Again, this would be more rape victims dying. I've been in that situation in the fear, and though it was diffused last moment rescue, have to say right now, that is not something anyone who values life and liberty should ever wear, and it should be illegal to have a minor wear it.


Well ..... I never said anything about making someone use this device. I am not sure why you are implying I said any such thing and as for minors? When did I mention making a child wear this? When did i even mention a child? how can you assume she did this at the urging of male overlords? I am not trying to upset you but it seems you make some unfounded assumptions.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A bad thing the woman a little drunk and in the heat of the moment, she forgets to remove the thing, while involved in voluntary sex.

Oh yea, and thee is always that Bobbits thing.

edit on 28-7-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
1. This won't stop rapes from happening. The rapist will realise too late what's going on and if he doesn't pass out from pain, he'll probably just beat the woman to death. It's a big gamble to take.

2. If this becomes widespread, it will end up being abused by women to get revenge on innocent men, similarly to what's happening with the ridiculous laws that we have here.

3. No, rape is not about "control", that's a myth the feminists came up with in order to absolve women of all personal responsibility in regards to rape. Rape is generally about sex (what a surprise).



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nonono
 



If this becomes widespread, it will end up being abused by women to get revenge on innocent men, similarly to what's happening with the ridiculous laws that we have here.


DAMN! I never even considered the other potential applications of such a device!


These things should be BANNED!!



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I really don't have much of an argument for the potential to use this device as a tool for revenge or accidental injuries due to forgetfulness. I would be lying if i said otherwise.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would hesitate to use this. Seems likely to enrage the man, not incapacitate him. And that escalates the danger proportionally.

Ladies, you are your own best defense against rape. Be constantly vigilant in your surroundings and with the people around you. Take self defense lessons. If you can handle it, carry a weapon that will actually incapacitate your attacker. Don't carry a knife or gun unless you are prepared to use it.

The a$$hole who raped me was a trusted friend...but he came away the worse to wear. Why? Because I dug a rock out of the ground while his attention was elsewhere and put it to good use. I think he lost a few teeth...


The point I'm trying to make is that your brain is your most powerful weapon. Keep thinking, even in the panic, and focus on one thing: survival.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by TRGreer
 



I would agree but you cant shoot someone for thinking they might rape you and in a struggle the woman is usually overpowered. Chances are the gun would never come into play. The pic in your post reminds me of a friend who bought a hand gun because her purse was snatched off her shoulder and stolen. Where did she keep her gun to stop someone from stealing her purse? In her purse.


Then try this:



What’s always most important is being aware of your surrounding and not putting yourself in vulnerable situations. I bet if every woman who was ever raped was proficient in the use of a firearm, had one readily available, and was more aware of the potential danger of her surroundings, the number of actual rapes that have occurred would be drastically fewer.
edit on 28-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)


Again I agree for the most part but not all women are comfortable with using a fire arm and no matter how vigilant a person is they cant be prepared for everything. All I am saying is this might be an alternative for those who don't feel comfortable with the current choices available.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer
 


Its not even an alternative. If all other methods have failed and she is being penetrated, that means she is subdued. And if he is in agony suddenly she would be killed.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nonono
 


if a women fights back,she has a chance of getting beating to death. this product i think will give women the the upper hand. the penis is one of the most sensitive parts of the body and any man that has one of these on his junk will be in pain. what it comes down to are the individuals. will the individual with this attached to his junk have the mind power to forget the pain and then act in revenge. and will the individual women have a clear enough mind to use the mans temporary weakness to either flee or incapacitate. if u look at it in general, i believe most women will be too worked up over the potential rape to have a clear line of thought, so lets hope there adrenaline will serve them well, and in general men we be so distraught over this thing on there junk they will immediately try and get it off giving the women a chance to flee, fight or call for help.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This article looks to be from 2009. Does that mean that this product is already on the shelves? I like the inventiveness but I bet these would be used foolishly and someone would get hurt who didn't deserve it. Not a could-be rapist, but potentially a unfaithful boyfriend or something along those lines.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by nonono
 


if a women fights back,she has a chance of getting beating to death. this product i think will give women the the upper hand. the penis is one of the most sensitive parts of the body and any man that has one of these on his junk will be in pain. what it comes down to are the individuals. will the individual with this attached to his junk have the mind power to forget the pain and then act in revenge. and will the individual women have a clear enough mind to use the mans temporary weakness to either flee or incapacitate. if u look at it in general, i believe most women will be too worked up over the potential rape to have a clear line of thought, so lets hope there adrenaline will serve them well, and in general men we be so distraught over this thing on there junk they will immediately try and get it off giving the women a chance to flee, fight or call for help.


This goes along with what I was thinking. A chance to incapacitate the attacker if he hasn't been already from the device or a chance to flee and get help.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2
 


I don't know if it is currently available for sale here in the states.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by TRGreer
 



I would agree but you cant shoot someone for thinking they might rape you and in a struggle the woman is usually overpowered. Chances are the gun would never come into play. The pic in your post reminds me of a friend who bought a hand gun because her purse was snatched off her shoulder and stolen. Where did she keep her gun to stop someone from stealing her purse? In her purse.


Then try this:



What’s always most important is being aware of your surrounding and not putting yourself in vulnerable situations. I bet if every woman who was ever raped was proficient in the use of a firearm, had one readily available, and was more aware of the potential danger of her surroundings, the number of actual rapes that have occurred would be drastically fewer.
edit on 28-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)


Again I agree for the most part but not all women are comfortable with using a fire arm and no matter how vigilant a person is they cant be prepared for everything. All I am saying is this might be an alternative for those who don't feel comfortable with the current choices available.


im curious how this looks when the shirt is down over the gun do u have a pic of that?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Honestly I think this sends the WAY wrong idea.

You have to realize that the rapist sometimes could avoid that line of thinking from childhood but at some point something happens to them to change their brain chemistry.

We need to teach children from youth that rape is wrong, not enable women to feel some stupid penis trap device will save them...



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
In case anyone is wondering what the device looks like...



see the barbs...



WOW what the heck?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Honestly I think this sends the WAY wrong idea.

You have to realize that the rapist sometimes could avoid that line of thinking from childhood but at some point something happens to them to change their brain chemistry.

We need to teach children from youth that rape is wrong, not enable women to feel some stupid penis trap device will save them...


I assume rapists get adrenaline from their crime, so maiming them could possibly make them more violent. Add drugs to that equation and it's deadly.
Ladies, ccw if you can



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer
 



I haven't seen one response that renders this device useless, so I must be missing something. If these anti-rape devices become too well known, won't rapists just check the victim first?

Also, wouldn't the offending appendage have to be just the right size for this to work? If a man is too big down there to fit inside the device, won't it simply get pushed way up inside the victim? If the man is too small, not all of the barbs will catch.
edit on 7/28/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/28/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 

i'm with you on this one.
i'm all for devices that actually reduce rape but i'm not convinced this is one of them.

as a rape victim more times than i care to count, you wouldn't catch me wearing one of these things.

especially since this is an occasion when size does matter, i still think ccw is much more effective.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
Or they can just learn self-defense? But yeah once the guy realizes his schlong took a hit he'll just beat the crap out of the women probably till death.


Just learn self defense? Ahhh yes, it is up to the victim afterall....

I am of a split opinion on this. On the one hand, I think its great that there are new ways for women to protect themselves. But this still comes back to the biggest issue with rape culture: We teach women not to get raped. We dont teach men not to rape.





new topics
top topics
 
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant