It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapex: fighting rape with brutal force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Rapex: fighting rape with brutal force
Posted by Sex and Love editor on Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM

A new anti-rape contraceptive could soon hit the shelves of American pharmacies.
click to enlarge rapex.jpg

truncated condom with rows of razor sharp hooks on the inside. These hooks latch onto a rapist's penis upon penetration and must be removed by a doctor. The contraceptive is similar to a tampon in regards to comfort and visibility, as well as the fact that it is inserted and removed with an applicator.

Rapex has sparked some debate among feminists, who see this device as similar to requiring women to wear chastity belts. For me, the difference is that women are given a choice to wear Rapex, whereas chastity belts were often imposed.

cltampa.com...

Rape has become endemic in South Africa, so a medical technician named Sonette Ehlers developed a product that immediately gathered national attention there. Ehlers had never forgotten a rape victim telling her forlornly, “If only I had teeth down there.”
Some time afterward, a man came into the hospital where Ehlers works in excruciating pain because his penis was stuck in his pants zipper.
Ehlers merged those images and came up with a product she called Rapex. It resembles a tube, with barbs inside. The woman inserts it like a tampon, with an applicator, and any man who tries to rape the woman impales himself on the barbs and must go to an emergency room to have the Rapex removed.
When critics complained that it was a medieval punishment, Ehlers replied tersely, “A medieval device for a medieval deed.”
- Half the Sky, Nicholas Kristof

Source

I don't know if this has been posted here before. I looked and didn't find anything so here goes. I just found out about it and wondered what ATS members would think of this. I was impressed with it myself. I don't see why feminist would be upset because you are not being forced to use it and I don't see how it could be considered torture when no one is forcing a man to rape a woman. Maybe this device will start making rapist think twice?

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on 28-7-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Or they can just learn self-defense? But yeah once the guy realizes his schlong took a hit he'll just beat the crap out of the women probably till death.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They would be dead.

Number one, alot of rapes happen to girls from family and associates, usually the victim knows the person.

Number two, rape isn't about sex, and its about violence and control and abuse. And there is a hairline of life and death between the victim in the situation.

I don't recommend breaking that hairline. Or some patriarchal forcing his daughter to.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

thats a pretty good idea, and i would listen to the feminists, there just women with suppressed rage, always looking for a fight with the man, i just hope this is safe for the women that use it, also i hope that a women doesnt use this device, get drunk, and then forget they have it in. and go have consentual sex, that would be horrible for the dude.....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Its been posted befor ebut Im too lazy to link on tablet. It seems like a good idea and I have no problem with the pain it will cause but do worry a simple rape could quickly turn to murder.

I think the feminists point is that they shouldnt have to wear one at all, and I agree.

Its probably my white suburban upbringing but if you feel the need to use one of these perhaps its time to reevaluate your life. No one should be expecting to be raped.

One fear I have is a jilted lover slipping one of these in, seducing someone then claiming rape. A good reminder not to forget foreplay I guess.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No its not, its a life threatening thing in an already life threatening event often.

I take men developed it, eh? With no real consideration. Probably to satisfy the more patriarchal groups that value chastity and control of women over life.

I woudn't recommend a single woman ever wear one, and hope to hell proper uncorrupt judges ensure they can't be forced on minors.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Seems like a pretty reasonable device.

Only issue I see is that someone who is getting raped will most likely be forced into it at gunpoint or knife point. If they're getting raped it's against their will and without a weapon I would imagine it would be rather difficult to fend off punches, fingernail scratches, teeth, headbutting, etc. assailant would most likely kill said person once his doinger is caught in a Chinese finger trap with teeth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This could possibly be used to mangle innocent people. Learn some muay thai or get a ccw if you're in need of security

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Turning a rape into a murder is 100 percent unreasonable and simply authorative and patriarchal crapola.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So we have a learn self defense and a don't push the rapist any further. Learning self-defense would seem to run the same risk of retaliation as the device would in my perspective. Allowing yourself to be victimized never really appealed to me personally so I would have to respectfully disagree. Now ... As far as not listening to the feminist that's really not an option when you consider that its women who will be using the device.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

The US already has a fool proof device that can completely prevent rape. It’s been available for years yet many women fail to use it at their own peril. Why bother pissing an attacker off when you can just make him go away before he lays a hand on you?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
No its not, its a life threatening thing in an already life threatening event often.

I take men developed it, eh? With no real consideration. Probably to satisfy the more patriarchal groups that value chastity and control of women over life.

I woudn't recommend a single woman ever wear one, and hope to hell proper uncorrupt judges ensure they can't be forced on minors.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

A woman developed it in south Africa. Its in my OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

Women in those kind of positions are not acting on their own. She is being the soft sales pitch for an extremely blindly patriarchal idea of ownership of women whereby, as many of the more unequal societies would rather murder a rape victim than be dishonored.

Again, this would be more rape victims dying. I've been in that situation in the fear, and though it was diffused last moment rescue, have to say right now, that is not something anyone who values life and liberty should ever wear, and it should be illegal to have a minor wear it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Here in Canada, even using mace during the attack gives outcomes we've had in the papers for years, the man gets a slap on the wrist and time already served awaiting trial and she goes to jail for 8 years for being in possession of an illegal weapon.

I'm waiting for someone who will stand up and charge them for their unlawful legislations that violate their sovereign rights.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

the thing is, if someone doesn't want to wear it, then that's that, if they do want to, its there choice, no one should be pushing there ideas on anyone(looking at feminists) i guarantee there are rape victims out there that wish they had this, just as there are rape victims that share a feminist pov and would have rather been free of the mans tyranny as opposed to stoping the rape in its tracks, its all about choices

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by TRGreer

The US already has a fool proof device that can completely prevent rape. It’s been available for years yet many women fail to use it at their own peril. Why bother pissing an attacker off when you can just make him go away before he lays a hand on you?

I would agree but you cant shoot someone for thinking they might rape you and in a struggle the woman is usually overpowered. Chances are the gun would never come into play. The pic in your post reminds me of a friend who bought a hand gun because her purse was snatched off her shoulder and stolen. Where did she keep her gun to stop someone from stealing her purse? In her purse.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Here in Canada, even using mace during the attack gives outcomes we've had in the papers for years, the man gets a slap on the wrist and time already served awaiting trial and she goes to jail for 8 years for being in possession of an illegal weapon.

I'm waiting for someone who will stand up and charge them for their unlawful legislations that violate their sovereign rights.

That’s too bad…but it’s not illegal in US. You can buy mace (actually pepper spray) in many local stores and in most states anyone over 21 with a clean record can obtain a concealed carry permit for a firearm.

What you described is exactly why we fight so hard to preserve our 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

the thing is, if someone doesn't want to wear it, then that's that, if they do want to, its there choice, no one should be pushing there ideas on anyone(looking at feminists) i guarantee there are rape victims out there that wish they had this, just as there are rape victims that share a feminist pov and would have rather been free of the mans tyranny as opposed to stoping the rape in its tracks, its all about choices

I agree and would add that coming from the perspective of a man I know that I wouldn't be worried about anything but my junk if I had one of those things latched onto it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In case anyone is wondering what the device looks like...

see the barbs...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What happens when a wife who wears this forgets to take it out before having horizontal motion consensually with her husband, say after maybe having a few drinks at a restaurant on their anniversary? Hmm.. I see lots of lawsuits waiting to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join