It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to be a pilot!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yes, I was joking. I realize that even older planes are almost like new because of the strict maintenance regulations. Of course I'd jump at the chance to fly any well-maintained plane.

OP: Have you changed your mind at all about the possibility of getting your pilot certificate?
edit on 7/30/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They are still flying DC3s at 75 years old.

I'd be happy with these and the can use car gas instead of 100ll

www.controller.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Once I get my license, I will be building a gyrocopter. That way I will not have to rent a plane.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

They are even cheaper than lots of cars. It would be nice to live in the country so you could keep it in the barn though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There are tons of small airports that are not very expensive.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You're talking me into getting flying lessons again. As soon as I change jobs I may just look into it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow -- a democrat talking a right winger into something -- the earth is stopping!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

lol...but I'm not exactly a right winger. I am a fiscal conservative and social liberal. Most of my friends throughout my life have been liberals and we've had some lively debates, as you can imagine. Unfortunately that's off topic here, so I won't get further into it.

On topic: But yes, you have talked me into it and I already checked with a local airport. Working nights now, so I'm tired all day since I have much trouble sleeping. It wouldn't be very productive to take lessons while nodding off, so it'll have to wait until I find a day job. Unfortunately my old log book is buried in storage some 185 miles away. It'll be a nightmare trying to find it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join