It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare, big and small

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok, Bill O' Lie=lly said that 48% of single mothers are on welfare, when all reports say less then 20% are. But so what? Aren't most of them in inner city areas where a "job" is drug dealing or prostitution? So not really a good number to go off of. Of course, you think that is bad, Well, first of all there is Welfare Mother Daniel M. Tellep, Chairman and CEO of the Lockheed Martin Corporation. What has he done with the money he has gotten through ADC, Aid to Dependent Corporations? ADC is usually outright cash, but also generous tax breaks and exemptions that we the people do not get. With money given to Daniel he has used our Tax Money to pay for�.

$20,194 for golf balls for Marietta Executive.
$7,589 for a Christmas party.
1 billion dollars to cover the cost of plant shutdowns and relocations.
$263,000 for a concert by Smokey Robinson for the staff.

Over a billion dollars of my money goes to this man. Why? He is rich, and yet he gets more welfare than all of the normal welfare people put together.

At least Lockheed Martin is in the USA. But what about Helmut Werner, President of Mercedes-Benz, a German company.

$253,000,000 in incentives from the government of Alabama.
The government pays for the land then uses the National Guard to clear the land for them. The state then builds roads, enlarge the airport, develop the factory site, exempt imported components from tariffs, grant tax breaks, teach German workers coming here how to speak English, purchase 2,500 Mercedes sport vehicles for the state cost of $75 million, and then rename the freeway between Birmingham and the Mississippi state line the Mercedes-Benz Highway. All at the time the state is facing a across-the-board budget cuts.
Maybe we should show more compassion to these people, after all they only made 1.51 billion dollars in profits. Daimler-Benz, Mercedes parent company has come a long way from the old days when it helped build Hitler�s war machine by using slave labor from countries Hitler had conquered. Alabama uber alles!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Over a billion dollars of my money goes to this man. Why? He is rich, and yet he gets more welfare than all of the normal welfare people put together.

James the Lesser,

Why'd you give over a $ Billion to this guy when he's wealthy al ready? If you've got an extra $ Billion, how about slinging some this way!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Ok, Bill O' Lie=lly said that 48% of single mothers are on welfare, when all reports say less then 20% are. But so what? Aren't most of them in inner city areas where a "job" is drug dealing or prostitution? So not really a good number to go off of. Of course, you think that is bad, Well, first of all there is Welfare Mother Daniel M. Tellep, Chairman and CEO of the Lockheed Martin Corporation. What has he done with the money he has gotten through ADC, Aid to Dependent Corporations? ADC is usually outright cash, but also generous tax breaks and exemptions that we the people do not get. With money given to Daniel he has used our Tax Money to pay for�.

$20,194 for golf balls for Marietta Executive.
$7,589 for a Christmas party.
1 billion dollars to cover the cost of plant shutdowns and relocations.
$263,000 for a concert by Smokey Robinson for the staff.

The above and more from the book "Downsize This!" by Michael Moore (who incidentally should work on downsizing himself). This book was published in 1996-97, that would make the largesse outlined the product of the Clinton Administration, not the Bush Administration. Guess old MM isn�t so bad at all.

www.simplerwork.com...

Sorry JTL, had to call you on this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"My" as in the people's. Also, MM, I know it came from Down Size This, it where I got the info, and yes during Clinton, but this isn't agaisnt either Bush or Kerry or Clinton, but people who whine that a miilion dollars is going to families of inner cities when they don't say anything about the billions that go to Lockheed and so forth. It bull, want to ban welfare, but no problem with ADC.

BTW, convince that guy that there are Buddist Masons?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh look at this, someone posted that 450 million to recover remains of vitims of WTC attack is to much for the government to pay, yet the billions going to these Welfare Companies is a-ok? What? I'd rather have those billions go to WTC cleanup and body recover instead of golfballs and concerts.

top topics

join