It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Olympics coverage omits tribute to U.K. terror victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not only can't NBC show the American people the opening ceremonies, or most events of the olympics live, but when they did broadcast the ceremony, they decided to omit a tribute to those that have fallen. Not much of a conspiracy I don't think, just stupidity, so mods, move this if it should be elsewhere.

For those that want to see the tribute, here it is...

Olympic Tribute to the fallen

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
And, for what it is worth, they cut to commercial when the Greece Athletes were coming to the Parade of Nations, and never highlighted the miss when they returned from commercial.

Was this Britain's way of saying *SNIP* You Greece for screwing up the Euro?

Just an observation.
edit on 7/28/2012 by semperfortis because: Profanity

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To be brutally honest....

I sat through the whole thing and will admit there were parts I would have rather not watched but the tribute wasn't one of them.

NBC

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think there were several things cut, based on some of the things mentioned in the Live thread. We also didn't get to see the Queen picking at/looking at her nails.
I kind of wanted to see that. NBC could have just easily cut most of the commentary at the beginning of their version (a good 30 minutes of the commentators talking about other things) and shown the entire thing.

NBC's statement in response is almost as offensive as cutting the segment.

“Our program is tailored for the U.S. television audience. It’s a credit to Danny Boyle that it required so little editing.”

I'd love for some other alphabet soup channel to have the rights after these games, or maybe in the future coverage of the games could be carried by more than one network. I'd prefer to take my viewing to a network that doesn't feel the need to edit out what they think I don't want to watch. I'd gladly watch something that might be viewed as boring before I watch a car commercial or a bland interview with Michael Phelps. Better yet, I'll probably just watch coverage online next time. I'm sure someone will have a live feed somewhere that doesn't exclude parts of the ceremony.
edit on 28-7-2012 by riddle6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

What????

And, for what it is worth, they cut to commercial when the Greece Athletes were coming to the Parade of Nations, and never highlighted the miss when they returned from commercial.

Answer:::::::::::::::::::The BBC have no adverts or as you call it commercial...so they didnt cut to anything when the Greek (Not Greece Athletes) Athletes entered.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Just an observation.
edit on 7/28/2012 by semperfortis because: Profanity

Very unlikely. The BBC (on which the olympics are broadcast here in the UK) are a public funded broadcaster, and as such do not show adverts/commercials at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by felixjames20

Here in Canada we could watch the entire thing on about 6 different channels, and every time they came back from commercial, they did a quick highlight of what was missed. We also got to watch it live, and see every event live starting at 4am EST.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Nope, broadcast on the publicly funded BBC over here (UK) mate so no adverts/commercial breaks. That would have been courtesy of the crappy NBC network.

I suspect that if it was the other way round and the Olympics were being hosted by the US and we decided to cut a tribute to the twin towers victims using the same poor excuse of 'tailored for a British audience' (not that something like that would be cut on UK networks) that there would be a large outcry from UK/European based American citizens.

new topics

top topics

join