It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Initial/Pilot Thread. Coven's Question of the Day - July 28, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Come one, come all; to the opening show

The left the right; which way will we go

I am but the muse; you all know what to do

I will pose a question; the answer up to you

Come now take a step; you know the way

I welcome you all to; Coven's question of the day!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coven's Question of the Day - July 28, 2012

How can there be a water shortage on a planet who's surface is 71% water?:

OK so there is no denying that people die everyday from lack of fresh or potable drinking water. There have also been great advancements in the science's behind desalinizing and purifying water. If every country took 10% of the money the spend on their military and put it towards developing a cheap and effective way to desalinize and or purify water (depends on proximity to an ocean/sea i imagine) couldn't we solve this problem globally in a decade?

For those who choose to come thank you. For those who choose to respond, you are the spine of this community. Please bring your facts and check your ego's at the door. Lets have an open and productive debate/discussion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Water has become a highly precious resource. There are some places where a barrel of water costs more than a barrel of oil." - Lloyd Axworthy, Foreign Minister of Canada (1999 - News Conference)

"When the well is dry, we know the worth of water." - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, (1706-1790), Poor Richard's Almanac, 1746

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If anyone has any ideas on the format of the threads going forward pls send me a pm. I would also love to hear some of the questions you would like to ask/hear.

I hope this catches on and we can produce some good ideas, thank you for coming.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There is a solution to this problem, one that was made available over 100 years ago -- yet ripped off by an evil group of greedy penny-pinching people, who begrudge its dissemination. The solution is composed of two words : Nikola Tesla

His ideas and inventions are available, yet sequestered from mankind -- they are capable of turning our parched dead deserts into lush living gardens -- by enabling humanity to desalinate unlimited quantities of seawater, for FREE.

F.T.G.

edit on 28-7-2012 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Yes exactly.....this is a problem that shouldn't persist. If Tesla was allowed to bring his ideas to fruition most if not all of today's modern problems would be non exsistant. There would be different issues to replace them im sure.

top topics

join