It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

In closing, here is a video showing an example of this. I have seen other videos of this in the past, as well.

Maybe I should do a thread on the science behind real vs. man-made crop circles sometime.

~ Post Complete ~
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Please do the thread.
And wow at the initial impression from the video

ETA: just saw the debunk and claim that Mr Wabe faked it. Of course, it's ATS, so a guy claiming he faked it but refusing to answer questions sounds more like cover up and deflection than a debunk

Just off now to check out the entire info, as the video is really just more of the same 'cos we say so'
edit on 29-7-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

ETA2: that didn't take long:
As suspected, the posted debunk video is not quite as cut and dry as it would like us believe. The source info linked has this as part of the conclusion:

Only two things are clear; nobody agrees on anything and nothing is conclusive. Those who are convinced it is real look for conformation of their belief, as do those who feel it is a hoax. CCCS- USA coordinator, ilyes, has produced a report which states that of the three experts known to her who have viewed the video, none can find any evidence of tampering. On the other hand two of the experts we have been in touch with disagree.

I suspect from all that has occurred, and having been right in the midst of it, that this is a hoax. However, I am open for the possibility that it is not, in which case I would owe an apology to John Weyleigh and Lee Winterston. However, the evidence of proof is in John's hand. If he is being wrongly done by, he needs only to come forward with the original video for analysis and all questions can be answered.

it ends with this:

POSTSCRIPT

Since this report was written, John Wabe was traced to a Bristol video production company, and caught. He since came clean about the video being a con, and is being prosecuted.

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

no links, no references, no sources, just a short statement. What a shame as the entire article was full of detail!

So now I have to go find confirmation of John Wabe's prosecution

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by bottleslingguy

lol whatever..maybe you should dial it down a notch buddy.

Its kinda funny that you missed it. Good luck with that demanding attitude.
edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

what in the world are you talking about? the normal protocol with videos here is that you say specifically which part (usually by posting the time stamp) you want us to watch. The only thing this guy talked about in that ten minute video you posted was about seeing a ufo and his confusion afterwards. It had nothing to do with weaving crop circles. Why are you being so vague? That's why I said you were stonewalling, why else would you be so enigmatic about it? I love when people like you give up so easy, it's an indication you have no substance to your argument.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Please do the thread.

Please don't do a thread , just type Oliver's Castle Crop Circle into ATS search and you will find many threads on this hoax .

Here's a quote from main crop circle man Colin Andrews on the hoax .

Colin Andrews writes:
"I can assure you that when all the information that is known is placed into the public domain, the OC video will be seen as a fraud. There are some very worrying aspects to it as far as the original plan and the man who is in the center of it all, Mr. John Wabe. Just 'Maybe' this man has been put to work on his first disinformation job by people in high places whom he met while at Nottingham University, studying for a degree in, of all things 'American Studies.' Naughty Uncle Sam at work again! At a nearby Nottingham university, a man by the name of John Weyleigh [said to be the person who shot the video] has also been a student.
www.anomalies.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks, I appreciate that. I have seen other videos of the same thing, but it is good to know what is a hoax and what isn't.

If I do a thread on this, I expect at least some of the information would be false, so it is important for people like you to check that kind of stuff out. I will try, but I might miss some things. In the meantime, I don't think it would be a bad idea, and there should be at least some good information there.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Love it.... Thanks op!!

For the ones saying all crop circles are man made??? Um... Thats an OPINION, not a fact.

Seems as if people who STUDY crop circles and the like for a living have NOT made that bold claim! Lol if they have, then.... They are just as opinionated whereas they believe their opinions are facts too.

So....yeah.....

Balls of light, human, the earth.... Whatever.... Its still cool to see and ponder on.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

For the ones saying all crop circles are man made??? Um... Thats an OPINION, not a fact.

No its a fact , there is a whole weight of evidence that shows crop circles are man made but I have seen no such evidence that they are created by ET .

Here is just one piece from the makers themselves

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Originally posted by gortex

Shame they didn't video the compass going crazy , a picture of two people looking at something we can't see tells us nothing .

To be fair, a video of someone holding a compass which is spinning crazily, would also prove absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

No its a fact , there is a whole weight of evidence that shows crop circles are man made but I have seen no such evidence that they are created by ET .

this doesn't prove anything
www.youtube.com.../user/E70627B55ED8CCF2

why isn't he out there reproducing woven stalks and flash steamed nodes? why is he just sitting there with his face in the camera? bogus

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

And the link proves all are man made.... How?

Its an opinion.... Every single person can come to any conclusion... But wheres the proof?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by gortex

Shame they didn't video the compass going crazy , a picture of two people looking at something we can't see tells us nothing .

To be fair, a video of someone holding a compass which is spinning crazily, would also prove absolutely nothing.

I differ on you. It proves that there is a person holding a compass.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

a video of someone holding a compass which is spinning crazily, would also prove absolutely nothing.

Not being of sound-mind, I have lots of videos of people staring at rotating equiment!

As said by two members above:
There is no ABSOLUTE proof that these crushed stalks are done by aliens only
OR humans only.
To quote an alien I know that makes crop circles with his humanoid mate -Gerald:
'Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one'

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Please do the thread.

Please don't do a thread , just type Oliver's Castle Crop Circle into ATS search and you will find many threads on this hoax .

Here's a quote from main crop circle man Colin Andrews on the hoax .

Colin Andrews writes:
"I can assure you that when all the information that is known is placed into the public domain, the OC video will be seen as a fraud. There are some very worrying aspects to it as far as the original plan and the man who is in the center of it all, Mr. John Wabe. Just 'Maybe' this man has been put to work on his first disinformation job by people in high places whom he met while at Nottingham University, studying for a degree in, of all things 'American Studies.' Naughty Uncle Sam at work again! At a nearby Nottingham university, a man by the name of John Weyleigh [said to be the person who shot the video] has also been a student.
www.anomalies.net...

Nope, it isn't so simple, this rabbit hole goes deeper the more you get into it.
Here is a debunk of the debunk!! :
www.cropcirclesandmore.com...

We now have arrived at a very interesting situation.

1. The original footage was not shot from the tip, as John Wabe claimed, and;
2. The camera was positioned just above ground level and the height between the ground and the camera was insufficient for a tripod to fit. There was simply not enough space. The camera that filmed the Oliver’s Castle footage of 11 August 1996, could not have been mounted on a tripod. It had to be a handheld camera!

Both claims of John Wabe – filming from the tip and the camera mounted on a tripod – can simply not be true!
The claim made by John Weyleigh, that he was laying in his sleeping bag while filming, does hold!

I searched for John Wabe prosecution (crop circle) and you get loads of this:

He since came clean about the video being a con, and is being prosecuted.
but so far I didn't find a single link/source/reference. Shouldn't this be verifiable?

I'm not taking sides on this, just don't think the usual ATS brush off applies without a bit more evidence.
Who's the resident ATS pro on this one?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I cant let Phage take all the heat on this one..I too think all crop circles are man made just as all magicians can not do magic. Its just a trick thats being played on people. People like to trick other people..it makes them feel big, they find it funny.

..and for some of the people writing books and giving lectures on the subject (the so called researchers) its quite lucrative. Im talking about the likes of Lucy Pringle here.

Believe me i wish they weren't fakes, is just a sad fact of life that there's people out there who go to great lengths to trick us just for kicks.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Well if nobody else has let me be the first to thank you for gracing us with your opinion. I suspect you are some sort of expert in the matter of crop circle formation and can explain the fluid dynamic involved in the creation of the NON MAN MADE circles. If anybody had bothered to read the website www.cropcirclequest.com... which your famboy fervor should have picked up on as it was originally liked by Phage. Would have discovered that it was actually about a naturally occurring phenomena in the same spot every year. And that the farmer who they questioned did not know HOW it occurred only that it happened all at once. These flattened crop bear the same physical deformities and crop weaving found only in some crop circles.

The article is talking about random patterns NOT random samples of wheat in a field bearing the same properties as all crop circles. The irony that Phage would have this signature:

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

And then proceed to completely ignore the fact that the website claims to not know HOW the phenomena happens only that it would have to be extremely complex. There are animations that show the intricate "weaving" that occurs at the base of the plant. What ever is causing this phenomena is highly delicate. No man made crop circles have EVER displayed this level of intricacy.

Look im not sold on the whole aliens are making crop circles story, But the physical evidence is undeniable. It could be plasma lightning or some other naturally occurring phenomena we dont know or dont want to talk about. Regardless I dont think attaching fairy tales to the story is helping the whole situation. ATS seems to be infested with extremism. Extreme believers and extreme debunkers Have you all forgotten why you came here in the first place? You know the truth not what you want to believe. There will be times when you just have to say "I dont know" Whats wrong with saying that?
edit on 29-7-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

reply to post by MamaJ

this doesn't prove anything
www.youtube.com.../user/E70627B55ED8CCF2

why isn't he out there reproducing woven stalks and flash steamed nodes? why is he just sitting there with his face in the camera? bogus

There are indeed mysteries that we humans just dont understand and its ok that we dont understand everything.

There are no doubt man made crop circles.. However not all can be proven man made. Its an opinion one takes on to make one feel good if science does not back said opinion then in fact the opinion is still not a fact.

Why argue over opinions? Its silly.

www.shropshirelive.com...

The appearance of this new crop circle also fits in with a UFO sighting at approx 2330 hours on 21st July 2012 in the exact same area. Darren Perks has now produced some images of the crop circle after his investigations and you can see them in his gallery on his website www.ufoshropshire.co.uk and on his Facebook page. Darren has ruled out any kind of human involvement in the production of this crop circle as the factors relating to it simply would not add up for anyone to be able to fake this. “It would take someone days to produce a crop circle of this size and accuracy with regards to the current night sky. The local farmers are always out and about day and night nad would have noticed people in his field. If people tried to make this circle during the night, then they would have need lights which would have attracted unwanted attention.” This crop circle matches exactly a current pattern of astronomical objects in our night sky. Could this be some kind of message? We just don’t know, but it could maybe point to an event that’s about to happen in the near future as other crop circles that appeared in the UK and Europe in recent weeks have related to a similar pattern.” “This is great for Shropshire and something that people should take in with an open mind.”

www.digitaljournal.com...

“We do not know how the crop circle was made, nor who made it,” a spokesman for the Schaffhausen cantonal police told online news site (in German) 20 Minuten. Crop circles are often considered to be an elusive phenomenon and some note the appearance of shapes and designs date back to the 1500s. Their appearances usually come at night and the crop circles are discovered in daylight hours. Several theories over the centuries as to how they are made have emerged. These speculations include UFOs/aliens, wind, aircraft or hoaxes created by humans to perpetuate the myths. Reportedly, this is the second occurrence of crop circles within the past week. Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's not silly to ATS Member who will remain unnamed who has been hawking his shill of "all are man-made" since his very first posts on ATS. Years and years ago.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

I wanted to add this for some reason.

A couple of people mentioned not to long ago about some kind of 'event' happening on August 4th.

www.davidicke.com...

Year is already more than half over, and wish something big would already happen so that we know this year is actually kicking.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Really? Is it a fact is it? Thats interesting, Please grace us with your esoteric knowledge please! I for one am looking forward to having one less mystery to ponder over there are so many these days you know. So tell me sir what are the facts behind the tiny changes in the earth with the spherical balls of ionized metal. and also the changes in the stalks of the plants? oh yes and also the electro magnetic traces and lets not forget that intricate weaving of each stalk. I'm going to get some coffee and stay up all night if I have to because now you have piqued my curiosity with your hidden knowledge.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Nice of you to join the discussion even if the over all tone of your post was somewhat acrid. Its a shame that some people think the only way they can join a debate is to try to put someone down as much as possible rather than talk about the topic.

Is a sad fact that the people claiming outrageous things about how crop circles are made and the special properties they possess and either flat out lying or quoting people who are flat out lying. You claim to know what makes 'non man made' crop circles but it is almost certain that you are just regurgitating so called facts that you have heard on documentaries , websites and books who are trying to promote the idea that they are not fakes for the sake of profit. You read it , think that sounds plausible and then log the idea in your brain as a fact. I'm sorry that you are so easily fooled.

please check the videos in this post especially the last the last part.

edit on 29-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Nice of you to join the discussion even if the over all tone of your post was somewhat acrid. Its a shame that some people think the only way they can join a debate is to try to put someone down as much as possible rather than talk about the topic.

Is a sad fact that the people claiming outrageous things about how crop circles are made and the special properties they possess and either flat out lying or quoting people who are flat out lying. You claim to know what makes 'non man made' crop circles but it is almost certain that you are just regurgitating so called facts that you have heard on documentaries , websites and books who are trying to promote the idea that they are not fakes for the sake of profit. You read it , think that sounds plausible and then log the idea in your brain as a fact. I'm sorry that you are so easily fooled.

Oh.... So who is a fool and a liar?? Really?

Your post is confusing as you are name calling ... Did the other poster name call? Didnt think so!

Argue all you want about your opinion... Thats cool.

How do you explain what officials cannot explain with some of the non man made crop circles?

edit on 29-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Oh goody, So is it "ALMOST CERTAIN" that I am regurgitating what I have seen in documentaries and books and on websites is it? Well let me tell you it is almost certain you are making an assumption. Im going by the evidence presented so can we stick to the facts of the case please your honor.

So out of interest since you have seen the entire video because you certainly would not have posted that without watching and absorbing all the information. Please tell me how long took to make such intricate weaving and how he managed to change the structure of the plant. and how he managed to heat the stem to the point that it melted and then reset? Inquiring minds want to know.

edit on 29-7-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join