It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If aliens did the corp circles..
crop circle is the probable the most stupid form of communication had chose to use... there are so many ways to communicate to humans and they use a stupid draw in a field? There are so many people believing in that?

We have so many ways to communicate today... /facepalm These aliens are really stupid.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The trouble is the conditions, most of the conditions they are settings are just myths. I doubt there ever has been a crop circle where every single stem was bent and not broken. Only a team of 5 people? a circle that large must have taken a lot more than 5 people. they will not get any takers for the challenge. kinda dumb conditions.

Circles are the easiest geometric shape to make. I find it odd that the people who claim to make these crop circles are not jumping at a chance to make some easy money.

Your making excuses for these "crop makers". I want to believe that people are making these crop circles. Yet prove it! We talk about skeptics always saying prove the existence of aliens. Than these "crop makers" should prove their skill. It seems like when the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't apply.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

why not set the conditions to just be 1 person to make it ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I wish they'd let 50 people make it, probably have the same no takers situation anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Deal with it or go and prove that they're all lying.

Did I say they were lying? But even if I did I couldn't prove it unless I had some documented evidence.

I would like to see some science. I haven't, and I've looked. Or am I just supposed accept that it exists?

edit on 7/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Why not come out and say, "I can't do the design with 5 people but I can do it with x amount of people." If you want to take credit for your work, show that you can do it. I'm sure the conditions can be changed, if someone truly stepped forward and said "I did it, but I did it with x amount of people and I can prove it." Five, Ten or 20 people, It's still a challenge that I think would raise the interest of the people who created the challenge. Money talks.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Phage

Any experience with a laser level?

I'm familiar with them. However, the light of the laser would have to be on for quite a long time to guide the construction to a circle or a line.

Phage, you bring up a good point about using lasers, but you know as well as I, a laser level light would attract the attention of anyone passing by. It's not like it would stay on for a second and than shut off. These laser lights would be flashing off and on all night long.

The numerous repetitive shapes are just too labor intensive to complete in the span of 10 or 12 hours without numerous people.
edit on 28-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

I use lasers at work on a regular basis as a level and uniform frame of reference for hanging ceilings and wall mounted fixtures at a uniform height. The lasers assume the floor is perfectly flat and would not work in they've average hilly field nor in the more advanced circles because lasers only shoot straight lines. Many of the circle designs make adjustments for changes in elevations in order to maintain correct Visual perspectives when viewed from the air.

Lines that appear to be straight are in actuality, not straight at all. That fact also shoots down using ropes to shoot an azimuth. Fact is that there is no simple explanation for the construction of some of the circles.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Deal with it or go and prove that they're all lying.

Did I say they were lying? But even if I did I couldn't prove it unless I had some documented evidence.

I would like to see some science. I haven't, and I've looked. Or am I just supposed accept that it exists?

Several groups of researchers say and show on several documentaries, their documented evidence. If you haven't ever seen any of them, then you've only ever been looking for info that disproves crop circles. So me, I believe what they're saying, since they've described what they did, how they did it, etc., etc. The only thing left in my view is that they're lying. To me, it's like alien abduction, tens of thousands of people who don't even know each other claim this strange occurence, many of them when they were children, and many of them years ago before they'd ever heard anything about it in the media. I'm not saying WHAT's happening to them or that it's aliens. But either they're ALL lying or....something strange is happening. So I look at the documented evidence that way. The only way I think you'd be satisfied is if you were THERE and conducted it yourself. I really don't think anything else would satisfy you at this point.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I wish they'd let 50 people make it, probably have the same no takers situation anyway.

I agree. Come on, who wouldn't step forward and say, "I'll take the challenge as long as you allow me x amount of people to create it." If they say no, what do they have to lose. Who ever is offering this challenge, I'm sure their as interested at seeing the design duplicated in the middle of the night like everyone else.

edit on 29-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Why not come out and say, "I can't do the design with 5 people but I can do it with x amount of people." If you want to take credit for your work, show that you can do it. I'm sure the conditions can be changed, if someone truly stepped forward and said "I did it, but I did it with x amount of people and I can prove it." Five, Ten or 20 people, It's still a challenge that I think would raise the interest of the people who created the challenge. Money talks.

That's what I was thinking. If it's absolutely impossible for them to do it with five people, there's nothing lost in asking them "Okay, we'll do it but with 25 people." All they could get is no. No harm done.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It's not like it would stay on for a second and than shut off. These laser lights would be flashing off and on all night long.

No. Just enough to establish critical marks. Then could ropes take over.
But not all lasers are visible, there are infrared versions.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

What's kind of funny, is skeptics try as hard as believers to validate their reasoning, but both skeptics and believers need proof. I'm on the fence on this. Prove to me it can be done, and I'll be happy to jump to the other side.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In the documentaries they talk and wave their arms. They say we have this and we have that. But we never seem to get to see exactly what they have. I actually am looking for evidence which is said to exist. Without seeing that, it's pretty difficult to disprove it. I like to see the source (the documented evidence). I also like to see the opinions of experts in the fields of evidence (magnetism, radiation). But they don't seem to be there.

People don't have to be lying to come to incorrect conclusions. A classic example of this is the matter of radioisotopes which was discussed earlier in this thread. The researchers themselves, upon peer review, withdrew their work because it had too many errors to be considered valid. But at least it was submitted.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. Just enough to establish critical marks. Then could ropes take over. But not all lasers are visible, there are infrared versions.

Phage, you bring up some good points, but do you honestly think some of those massive repetitive designs can be done in the middle of the night with no mistakes? I mean professionals in any field make mistakes. Isn't the probability that these "crop circle" creators could end up screwing up on an intersection or tangent? That would be a tell tell sign it was created by people.

I have to admit, this conversation about how these crop circles can be created is rather interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

That would be a tell tell sign it was created by people.

Yes, they make mistakes sometimes. But still they don't seem to get caught in the act.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The non-believers don't have to prove anything. It's the believers with this outrageous claim that have to.

I have to think these threads are posted with the intent to rile people. It's hard for me to comprehend a normal person having at least average intelligence, actually believing all of this. Claims made by other people and based completely on what other people say. It makes me wonder how far this mentality spills over into their normal life. To what extent do they take the words of what other people say as proof of some other outrageous claims.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That would be a tell tell sign it was created by people.

Yes, they make mistakes sometimes. But still they don't seem to get caught in the act.

There's a clue, right in front of you.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's rare, but it happens.

chippewa.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

That doesn't sound much like circlemakers.
But you are correct, there have been a few cases of people being caught.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The non-believers don't have to prove anything. It's the believers with this outrageous claim that have to. I have to think these threads are posted with the intent to rile people. It's hard for me to comprehend a normal person having at least average intelligence, actually believing all of this. Claims made by other people and based completely on what other people say. It makes me wonder how far this mentality spills over into their normal life. To what extent do they take the words of what other people say as proof of some other outrageous claims.
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Dark matter didn't exist until a few years ago. The "God particle" was just a theory until just recently. How about string theory? Other dimensions, parallel universe, warping time and space, sounds like science fiction doesn't it? I remember when a doctor was ridiculed because he believed bacteria was the cause of ulcers. Everyone laughed at him until he ingested the same bacteria to prove it. What about organisms we didn't think existed in the deep waters of the arctic?

When people think with a closed mind and don't take into consideration the possibility of other realities, new discoveries would never happen. Your position that non-believers don't have to prove anything is keeping one eye open and one eye shut. You want to perceive what you want to believe. I guess a prosecutor doesn't need to prove his case because they know their telling the truth. The same thing goes for a defendant. The same thing applies here.

Your condescending remarks about intelligence is really quite naive. You don't know how much education anyone has here, so to make that remark is rather rude on your part. Anyone that has ever taken a simple astronomy class would realize it would be rather ignorant to believe that intelligent life couldn't exist anywhere else in the universe. Just because humans haven't conquered the technology to travel long distances in space, doesn't mean other intelligent life forms can't.

I don't know if aliens are making these crop circles. I just find it hard to believe they can be created in the middle of the night. Maybe there are other technologies that are creating these designs. Until someone is caught creating them, the jury is out.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join