It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 11
33
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


interesting challenge.

The trouble is the conditions, most of the conditions they are settings are just myths. I doubt there ever has been a crop circle where every single stem was bent and not broken.

Only a team of 5 people? a circle that large must have taken a lot more than 5 people.

they will not get any takers for the challenge. kinda dumb conditions.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


but not THAT strict

Disagree. Regardless of weather? Exact match? 5 participants?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


am I supposed to take you seriously? as if anything you said had any bearing on anything worth thinking about?


Yes you should.

Think about it. How many people do you see who say:

A) Some crop circles are made by aliens only.
B) Alien crop circles are aliens trying to communicate with us.

Hmmm?

Now again: think. Crop circles as a form of communication by an advanced alien intelligence. So advanced they can travel the vast distances between the stars (an vast amount of power to do so).

Yet to communicate, they flatten plants (I don't care how complex the pattern is, it's still flattening plants).

When instead, they could communicate by many, many other means, and it would:

A) Leave NO doubt that it was not of this earth.
B) Be clearly visible to everyone in the world.

So yes, I'm being very serious.


Eric the awfull. Full of what are you erick? I'm afraid your logic is terribly flawed.

Your assertion that "it's still just flattened plants" suggests there is some relationship between the media and the sophistication of the message. You further suggest that a simple media for communication should convey a simple message and we simple people should understand it.

If your assertions were valid then I should be able to arrange my dog's poop into the letters "I" and "U" with a heart between them and assume my dog should be able to understand that I love her. Or arrange the turds in the shape of an arrow and assume she would understand she knew it pointed to her food bowl.

She would starve before she ever developed the capacity for abstract language comprehension. Hey Erikk, have you ever stopped to consider the "flat plants" may represent a level of communication beyond your scope of comprehension? Before you dismiss it, it may be worth approaching the problem from a new perspective? That smelly pile of crap could lead you to t-bone steak if you try to read it first and make fun last.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   


A group has constructed something called "The Crop Circle Challenge." July 1st, 2012, they are offering 100,000 British pounds to human circle makers to reproduce the crop circle of 2001, "the Galaxy." This is it:
reply to post by thebtheb
 


That's rather interesting. No takers? Come-on, if it's that easy to do why not step up and claim some easy money? The person who created the original one, would be like taking candy from a baby.


Although the design they picked is labor intensive, circles are probably the easiest to create. I would have chosen these crop circles because they encompass various geometric shapes and tangents.






posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb
 


but not THAT strict

Disagree. Regardless of weather? Exact match? 5 participants?


Exact match, if they've done it before (and hey, they've done that exact design then haven't they?), so I assume it was replete with planning, drawings, etc., NO reason they couldn't do it again. So yeah, exact match. And no, it was not by the millimetre, it was by comparing photographs of the original to the new one.

Five participants for six hours. From all the videos I've seen on this thread for what they can do, and how long it takes them, yeah, five people.

Weather: I'd say if it's raining, whatever. Violent, nightmare thunderstorms don't usually last 6 straight hours, the crux being maybe 20 minutes, and then rain afterwards. I don't see why - again - if they've done it before, why a little rain would stop them.

My main contention is that apparently, they've done this exact circle in the past. Apparently someone has - so I can't see why that team wouldn't want to band together for $32,000 each for six hours of work to repeat something they've done successfully before.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 





Here's something to think about. Most of the most devoted believers in non-manmade circles admit that there are "fakes". And yet, those fakers don't seem to get caught in the act. Why is that? The time required is not necessarily a problem.


Possibly because the fakes are not as complicated as some of the more detailed designs. Circles are easy to create. Just pound a stake into the ground, use the correct length of chord attached to a flat board and begin to stomp. Straight lines rather simple. Show me a fake that has tangents, ellipses, triangles, and other types of polygons, and than I can have something to chew on.

Creating and finding a tangent at such a large scale in the dark would simply be amazing.
edit on 28-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
of course you are assuming the people who originaly did it need or even want the money. Not to mention the attension , plus give away thier tricks on how it was done.

Some artists prefer not to be know especially when they are usualy breaking the law with their art.

Personally i think the rules are dumb. Did the origial really have not footprints and no broken stems or did the original researchers just say that was the case. + i think it might take 20 or more people to do that design. who are they to say it has to be made with only 5?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


And no, it was not by the millimetre, it was by comparing photographs of the original to the new one.
If they stick with that it may be sufficient but it still allows room for dispute.


Five participants for six hours. From all the videos I've seen on this thread for what they can do, and how long it takes them, yeah, five people.
So you think five people could have made the Galaxy? Why put a limit on the number of people? It's an unfair rule and sufficient for circlemakers to abandon any effort in and of itself.


I don't see why - again - if they've done it before, why a little rain would stop them.
I'm not talking about a little rain.
www.dailymail.co.uk...



My main contention is that apparently, they've done this exact circle in the past. Apparently someone has - so I can't see why that team wouldn't want to band together for $32,000 each for six hours of work to repeat something they've done successfully before.

When you say "they" are you assuming it would be the same people who made the Galaxy 11 years ago? I hope someone does go for it but the conditions of the challenge add difficulties which were not associated with the original work. It not exactly the same.

edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons
 


Creating and finding a tangent at such a large scale in the dark would simply be amazing.

Any experience with a laser level?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

My main contention is that apparently, they've done this exact circle in the past. Apparently someone has - so I can't see why that team wouldn't want to band together for $32,000 each for six hours of work to repeat something they've done successfully before.


What, and put an end to whole crop circle mystery? They make think it's more fun to let people continue to think aliens did it.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


am I supposed to take you seriously? as if anything you said had any bearing on anything worth thinking about?


Yes you should.

Think about it. How many people do you see who say:

A) Some crop circles are made by aliens only.
B) Alien crop circles are aliens trying to communicate with us.

Hmmm?

Now again: think. Crop circles as a form of communication by an advanced alien intelligence. So advanced they can travel the vast distances between the stars (an vast amount of power to do so).

Yet to communicate, they flatten plants (I don't care how complex the pattern is, it's still flattening plants).

When instead, they could communicate by many, many other means, and it would:

A) Leave NO doubt that it was not of this earth.
B) Be clearly visible to everyone in the world.

So yes, I'm being very serious.


Eric the awfull. Full of what are you erick? I'm afraid your logic is terribly flawed.

Your assertion that "it's still just flattened plants" suggests there is some relationship between the media and the sophistication of the message. You further suggest that a simple media for communication should convey a simple message and we simple people should understand it.

If your assertions were valid then I should be able to arrange my dog's poop into the letters "I" and "U" with a heart between them and assume my dog should be able to understand that I love her. Or arrange the turds in the shape of an arrow and assume she would understand she knew it pointed to her food bowl.

She would starve before she ever developed the capacity for abstract language comprehension. Hey Erikk, have you ever stopped to consider the "flat plants" may represent a level of communication beyond your scope of comprehension? Before you dismiss it, it may be worth approaching the problem from a new perspective? That smelly pile of crap could lead you to t-bone steak if you try to read it first and make fun last.


Again (sorry, hate to repeat myself, but apparently that's required on here since people can't be bothered to read all the posts): my reply is based upon the Crop Circle Alien Believers that Aliens are trying to communicate with us.

A technologically advanced species who wanted to communicate with another species who's technology is no where near theirs might run into a problem trying to figure out how to communicate (all though our history has shown that much more advanced cultures have learned just fine to communicate with lessor advanced cultures).

Being advanced enough to cross the stars means that their understanding of physics and math would be greater than ours. But this means they also would recognize our use in both of these areas in the things that we do and have created. Many have theorized that if an advanced species were to ever try and communicate with us, it would be through math, such as a representation of the progression of prime numbers.

Or it could be that with enough study of us, they would be able to communicate just fine with us and would be childs play for them.

Others have suggested they are talking to each other with crop circles, and again I must point out the inefficient manner of communication by mashing plants..........I'm sure if WE can think of millions of ways to communicate with each other so well, that they could come up with a better idea than crop circles.

Of course the ultimate argument is: we can't fathom their reasons for doing what they are doing. They are so alien that we'll never understand them (even though they seem to have no problems leaving these marks that are rather easy for humans to identify.........

In any case, I still put forth that using the moon as a Etch-A-Sketch would be a lot better than mashing plants in some farmer's field:

Alien 1: "Hey Zarg! Hold up leaving that message in the field of barley down there. Look up at the moon!"

Alien 2:"What? Ah crap, you're right. We're suppose to meet them at the 4th rock from the sun!"



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
of course you are assuming the people who originaly did it need or even want the money. Not to mention the attension , plus give away thier tricks on how it was done.

Some artists prefer not to be know especially when they are usualy breaking the law with their art.

Personally i think the rules are dumb. Did the origial really have not footprints and no broken stems or did the original researchers just say that was the case. + i think it might take 20 or more people to do that design. who are they to say it has to be made with only 5?


If not the original people, then SOMEONE out of the dozens of groups that apparently exist. And I know they take detailed pictures and analysis of all crop circles, noting whether stalks were broken, footprints were found, etc. They log these every time. And can't agree that they don't want to give up their secret when they make vids of themselves and show everything.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


And I know they take detailed pictures and analysis of all crop circles, noting whether stalks were broken, footprints were found, etc. They log these every time.

Any idea where the data for the Galaxy is? I'm curious about that "soaking" requirement.

edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb
 


And no, it was not by the millimetre, it was by comparing photographs of the original to the new one.
If they stick with that it may be sufficient but it still allows room for dispute.


Five participants for six hours. From all the videos I've seen on this thread for what they can do, and how long it takes them, yeah, five people.
So you think five people could have made the Galaxy? Why put a limit on the number of people? It's an unfair rule and sufficient for circlemakers to abandon any effort in and of itself.


I don't see why - again - if they've done it before, why a little rain would stop them.
I'm not talking about a little rain.
www.dailymail.co.uk...



My main contention is that apparently, they've done this exact circle in the past. Apparently someone has - so I can't see why that team wouldn't want to band together for $32,000 each for six hours of work to repeat something they've done successfully before.

When you say "they" are you assuming it would be the same people who made the Galaxy 11 years ago? I hope someone does go for it but the conditions of the challenge add difficulties which were not associated with the original work. It not exactly the same.

edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)


No, it's not the same, I agree. If no one comes forth, it puts into question the human circle makers, but proves nothing. Then again, if human circle makers came forth,made it and won, that would prove nothing either. The magnetic effects on the stalks and the land that don't exist in the human made ones proved it for me long ago anyway.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 





Any experience with a laser level?


I'm familiar with them. However, the light of the laser would have to be on for quite a long time to guide the construction to a circle or a line.

Phage, you bring up a good point about using lasers, but you know as well as I, a laser level light would attract the attention of anyone passing by. It's not like it would stay on for a second and than shut off. These laser lights would be flashing off and on all night long.

The numerous repetitive shapes are just too labor intensive to complete in the span of 10 or 12 hours without numerous people.
edit on 28-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


The magnetic effects on the stalks and the land that don't exist in the human made ones proved it for me long ago anyway.

Sorry? Documentation of "magnetic effects on the stalks" please.

Who decides which are the "real" ones.
"If they display these effects they are real, so the ones that don't display these effects are fake." Something like that? Isn't that circular logic (pun unintended).
edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb
 


And I know they take detailed pictures and analysis of all crop circles, noting whether stalks were broken, footprints were found, etc. They log these every time.

Any idea where the data for the Galaxy is? I'm curious about that "soaking" requirement.

edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Dude please. Any idea where the data for anything is? You don't think there are freaks who have been meticulously documenting each and every circle and have databases on it? They measure it, they take samples each and every time to test for the magnetic stuff, they bring instruments into the circle, etc, etc., UNLESS the farmer doesn't allow visitors which happens. If I can find it, you can!



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb
 


If I can find it, you can!

I can't. All I can find is measurements and "arm waving" about footprints, soaking, and unbroken stalks.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb
 


The magnetic effects on the stalks and the land that don't exist in the human made ones proved it for me long ago anyway.

Sorry? Documentation of "magnetic effects on the stalks" please.

Who decides which are the "real" ones.
"If they display these effects they are real, so the ones that don't display these effects are fake." Something like that? Isn't that circular logic (pun unintended).
edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Whatever. If you want to pretend that data doesn't exist, that people haven't brought measuring instruments and noted electrical and magnetic effects 10 times off the radar that surprised even initial "non-believers", that's your problem. It's happened. Deal with it or go and prove that they're all lying.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb
 


If I can find it, you can!

I can't. All I can find is measurements and "arm waving" about footprints, soaking, and unbroken stalks.


Again, whatever, I'm not getting into an argument with you. Let's call it quits. It shouldn't actually matter to you or me what the other thinks, and I'm getting bored.



new topics

top topics



 
33
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join