It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The process of making these designs is called Geometric Construction. You're basically using a compass and a straight edge to plot points, and than using those points to create the desired design. If they're doing this with crop circles, they would have to first make the design using a CAD system so they can draw it to full scale and make the measurements from point to point. Than transfer those dimensions out into the field.

It seems to me like it would be rather difficult to plot all those points in the middle of the night. I understand the construction method having worked as a technical illustrator and CAD instructor for over 30 years. It's not that difficult drawing these at a desk at a small scale, but in the complete dark, I have a tough time believing that.

Unless they use a good number of people who stand in the field to create the points and they all have their particular construction chore to do from that point. Having said that, the number of points on some of the most detailed crop circles would require a bus load of people.

Some people may say they're creating these, but if they are, give us a field demonstration in the middle of the night to prove it. Take credit for your works of magic. Don't just say you've done it, show us.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

The picture is of wheat which was "lodged", naturally fallen. The nodes show nothing unusual.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

All good point you have raised there WeRpeons.

Yes it certainly not easy to do in the dark, but these people making the larger ones have had plenty of practice and sometime work in quite large teams. They start off small with more simple designs and get more and more complex year after year. You can see in the videos ive posted here that they just plot them out with a compass and ruler and then scale it up.

Points and circles are plotted one at a time. Then they use the points at which the guide lines intersect to plot more circles and more lines. Eventually you get something quite complex. Its easier than it looks and thats how they fool people by producing something that looks to difficult to produce.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It seems to me like it would be rather difficult to plot all those points in the middle of the night

Not with something like this
www.amazon.com...

It's not that difficult drawing these at a desk at a small scale, but in the complete dark

Who said it was completely dark (moonlight) or that the some of the layout was not done at a different time?

Don't just say you've done it, show us.

They have. And are ignored or the goalpost is moved, "That's not complicated enough. It's obviously not real."

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

there are the numerous times weather pilots have flown past a region in the daytime, and 10 minutes later fly past it again

Really when did that happen?

I know there was one case reported on by Lucy Pringle at stone henge a few years back where an unknown pilot was supposed to be transporting an unnamed doctor in a plane who apparently claims to have seen a crop circle that wasnt there on the journey out. Lots of other people claim to have seen cars parked along the road just before it was supposed have happened. Of course LucY Doesnt explain who any of these people where or how this civilian managed to fly over Ministry of Defense property in the first place. But then she is not known for her honesty..shes more known for her crop circle merchandise (tshirts, books ,puzzles ,videos ,posters ,mugs , keyrings..etc) she sells at her site.

Id be interested to hear of these numerous cases you are talking about.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Where I got that was by watching documentaries, admitedly pro-circles not made by humans. But I'm not aware of the doctor example. They were interviewing weather pilots in the U.K who claimed to have witnessed this. I just don't think everyone lies, or that researchers are desperate enough to pay them to.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So what are you saying phage? the circle that appeared overnite on the edge of our small city, that my mom took me to the next day and exhibited bent growth nodes was a fake? That all of a sudden overnight the wheat all became lodged and then grew the hospital bend overnight and then was fairly dry the next day, almost to the point of brittleness? Do you think what i looked at ws the result of a natural phenomenon?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes, I believe those aliens had to much to drink.
Someone should give them a ticket for CCUI or FSUI

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

No. I'm saying bent nodes are normal.
It doesn't matter if the wind knocked the stalk down or a person did.
edit on 7/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I can't imagine that the number of people they would need to construct some of these more detailed designs at such a large scale, wouldn't be caught doing it. I mean their would have to be numerous cars parked on the road side to transport all these people. Anyone driving by seeing all these cars and than finding out the next day there was a crop circle made near the parked cars, would surely notify the media. I doubt you can hold all these people in a van which would include the tools needed to create these designs.

It just doesn't make sense that nobody has caught any of these people doing these designs in the middle of the night. Your luck eventually has to run out. You also have to consider nobody is 100 percent perfect. Mistakes have to be made, and fixing those mistake would be rather difficult if the crops have already been stomped. Not to mention, completing a design and than later realizing you made a mistake come sunrise.
edit on 28-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Is it some self-appointed debunker whose life is so shallow and meaningless that he accepts $10 per post pretending to be something he is not for posting on ATS?

How long is the employment line?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It just doesn't make sense that nobody has caught any of these people doing these designs in the middle of the night.

It's not like they are doing it every night.

Here's something to think about. Most of the most devoted believers in non-manmade circles admit that there are "fakes". And yet, those fakers don't seem to get caught in the act. Why is that?

The time required is not necessarily a problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
A bit of a tech question for the CC knowledgeable. Where two circles intersect or overlap, are the stalks of one circle layed over the other in a layer, or do they stalks interweave as if both circles were formed simultaneously?

Both.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well here's something I find REALLY interesting. A group has constructed something called "The Crop Circle Challenge." July 1st, 2012, they are offering 100,000 British pounds to human circle makers to reproduce the crop circle of 2001, "the Galaxy." This is it:

Here are specifics about the challenge: The Crop Circle Challenge

Also a doctor, MD who is offering to add $1000 US to the challenge, HERE

Started July 1st. No one has come forth to take the challenge.
edit on 28-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

I don't see any mention of the prize money being placed in escrow anywhere but it sounds like fun. A couple of things which allow weaseling by the sponsor though.

4. The date of the challenge, previously decided and signed by both parties, will have to be respected in any weather or the challenge will be considered null and void.
So, thunderstorms or not, you've gotta do it. No postponements.

5. The shape of the crop circle must be an exact replica of “The Galaxy”, both in size and geometry. Immediately after the event a professional photographer will take high resolution photos from the air to establish that all these requirements have been met.
Exact. How exact? To the millimeter?

7. No more than a team of the same five people can work on the making of the crop circle.
Why?
soundofheart.org...

Takes a bit 'o planning, what?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I don't see any mention of the prize money being placed in escrow anywhere but it sounds like fun. A couple of things which allow weaseling by the sponsor though.

4. The date of the challenge, previously decided and signed by both parties, will have to be respected in any weather or the challenge will be considered null and void.
So, thunderstorms or not, you've gotta do it. No postponements.

5. The shape of the crop circle must be an exact replica of “The Galaxy”, both in size and geometry. Immediately after the event a professional photographer will take high resolution photos from the air to establish that all these requirements have been met.
Exact. How exact? To the millimeter?

7. No more than a team of the same five people can work on the making of the crop circle.
Why?
soundofheart.org...

Takes a bit 'o planning, what?

Actually what I find off putting about the challenge (and I like the challenge and I also like that no one has come forth to take it) is that if the circle makers win, they get the money, if they lose, they have to pay for costs incurred from the experiment. I might not enter either. If they really wanted to put their money where their mouth is, no one would have to pay costs if they lose. I mean why not? They're already willing to part with $100,000.

And yeah, you're right, there could be circle makers sketching up the details as we speak. Still, it's been almost a month. How long should it take?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Not with something like this
reply to post by Phage

Even if they used surveying equipment in the middle of the night, the laser lights would surely be spotted by someone. If I even entertained the fact they created their points in the field, the construction would still be difficult without being able to observe the construction from above. You're talking about intersecting lines and points in the middle of the night. I would still need to see it with my own eyes. It just sounds extremely labor intensive and a lot of manpower to pull it off.

Who said it was completely dark (moonlight) or that the some of the layout was not done at a different time?

That's just hearsay. We really don't know if that's the way they plot their points. The probability of them never being caught laying it out before the actual construction is rather small.

They have. And are ignored or the goalpost is moved, "That's not complicated enough. It's obviously not real."

Constructing just simple circles and a simple geometric shape in the dark isn't difficult, and isn't iron clad proof. Duplicate a detailed complicated design, with the same physical node effect on the stock in the middle of the night, and than you've proven your creative skill. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yup. Add that to the above problems it's a good way to keep people away.
Then guess what? The claim that since there are no takers they have proven that there are non-manmade circles.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by eriktheawful

am I supposed to take you seriously? as if anything you said had any bearing on anything worth thinking about?

Yes you should.

Think about it. How many people do you see who say:

A) Some crop circles are made by aliens only.
B) Alien crop circles are aliens trying to communicate with us.

Hmmm?

Now again: think. Crop circles as a form of communication by an advanced alien intelligence. So advanced they can travel the vast distances between the stars (an vast amount of power to do so).

Yet to communicate, they flatten plants (I don't care how complex the pattern is, it's still flattening plants).

When instead, they could communicate by many, many other means, and it would:

A) Leave NO doubt that it was not of this earth.
B) Be clearly visible to everyone in the world.

So yes, I'm being very serious.

if you're being serious I feel sorry for you. I never said crop circles were a form of communication from them to us. maybe they are leaving post it notes for each other? why do you think they even consider what we think? I don't believe everything they do has us in mind. why do I have to be boxed in by your half baked imagination?

First: you asked if I was serious.
Second: I replied "Yes" and explained why
Third: A large majority of "Crop Circle Believers" believe that crop circles are some form of alien communications. I'm not one of them.

Fourth: each of your post becomes increasingly rude to other people, even when they (like me) have responded with complete politeness to you (even when you come off extremely rude such as the above quoted post).

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Even if they used surveying equipment in the middle of the night, the laser lights would surely be spotted by someone.
Not if there is not anyone there. Not if they are trying to be stealthy about it.

We really don't know if that's the way they plot their points. The probability of them never being caught laying it out before the actual construction is rather small.
What reason do you have for saying that? What about those "fake" circles that are created without being seen?

Constructing just simple circles and a simple geometric shape in the dark isn't difficult, and isn't iron clad proof.
Like I said, move the goal posts. Did you see the video?

same physical node effect on the stock in the middle of the night
The node effects are normal. The "middle of the night" is irrelevant except that it makes detection more unlikely.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
I agree. Which claim is more extraordinary: 1) crop circles are made by people 2) crop circles are made by aliens 3) crop circles are made by some unknown advanced technology?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yup. Add that to the above problems it's a good way to keep people away.
Then guess what? The claim that since there are no takers they have proven that there are non-manmade circles.

Well it goes both ways - the details are strict, but not THAT strict. If they think they can do any circle before, and have someone has apparently DONE the one in question before, you'd think by now, 11 years later, someone could think of how to do it and among five of them pay the relatively minimal costs of of paying for the experiment if they lose. I'd say it's significant if no one comes forward, but not the smoking gun I would like.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join