It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Help.Should I go about doing this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Your gonna waste your time n end up paying anyway.... If you can get sympathy from the judge, he might reduce it and not give you points. Otherwise nothing you can do about it, roo's is roo's....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Always remember that Lawyers are part of the system and will perpetuate the same. If you were one of the elite, you could pay a lawyer and exorbident fee and she/ he would guide you through how to weave in and out of the system and remain unscathed. But alas, I believe you to be a landless serf as I and you will get an attorney who will perpetuate the system. Walk away from the system.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You could try and get an attorney to do a class action but IMO, it would be better to get excessive "defined" or set lower through the ballot box. Get it written up all legal like, have all your friends ready to get the required signatures and get it before the voters.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I wish I had something glamorous and exciting to say. Someone above may have alread suggested it. Call your State Bar Association, ask them for a list of attorneys with that as a specialty, then find out which ones will give you a free 1/2 hour consultation. You'll learn a lot.

My guess, the court will say the fine is not excessive and excessive "fees" are not covered by the Constitution, so you're stuck. But get expert advice. Or be prepared to spend hours in research, even if you know how to do legal research.

OK, you talked me into it, here's Division 18 of the Califonia Vehicle Code. www.dmv.ca.gov... You can rummage around here a bit, then you can track down case laws that deal with your particular question to see how the courts have handled it.

But I still like the 1/2 hour free consultation the best.

P.s. If you're dealing with Santa Barbara County, read this: www.vcstar.com...
edit on 29-7-2012 by charles1952 because: P.s. added

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

not according to the commisioner aka "judge".he said that apparently these penalty assessments have not been here,or at least this high.Penalty assessments used to be $50 or some crap.now its just through the roof.It is ridiculous.
Truth of the matter is I probably will end up getting robbed,not consult a lawyer because lets face it,no ones going to work for free.And collecting 20,000 signatures...I just dont got time for that.
*sigh*
just gonna wait for the foundation to collapse...that when I'll make my move

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Idk if anyone of you are gonna check up on this thread.
But I'd just like to thank all of you who gave your advice and opinions.
Much more helpful than people saying "Never do this" "Never do that"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join