It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talia Al Ghul isn't stupid but damn (SPOILERS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I went to watch TDKR yesterday and there is one thing that really buggered me.

WHY DIDN'T SHE DIVERT HER DIRECTION TOWARDS THE SEA OR TOWARDS THE BROKEN BRIDGE?

Why did she let them guide her?

Oh I'm talking about the scene towards the end of the movie with the truck chase.
edit on 28/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I literally just got back from watching the movie.

How did you pick just one part to discuss?
I found the whole movie crap and pointless and just plain stupid.
The cops rushing the couthouse, how did more of them not die? they were packed together so tight and they were being shot at with freaking machine guns

The pit jump, he didnt even need a run up how could no one else have escaped

Thats just 2 examples but there are so many more

A very disappointing end to what was otherwise a great francise, a truly awful film and I want my 12 Malaysian ringgit and almost 3 hrs back

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

First of all, the title of the thread itself... is a spoiler.

Second, I believe Talia and Bane did not intend to escape Gotham. They, like Batman, did not fear death; they were there to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny by detonating the bomb, which would have caused mass destruction anywhere it went off because, well, it's an atom bomb.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Didn't read the post. Read the title though.

So Talia Al Ghul is in the new batman?

# you Douche bag.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

The cops rushing the couthouse, how did more of them not die? they were packed together so tight and they were being shot at with freaking machine guns

A very disappointing end to what was otherwise a great francise, a truly awful film and I want my 12 Malaysian ringgit and almost 3 hrs back

My thoughts exactly. I thought it was the worst Batman yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop

# you Douche bag.

How can a woman be Batman? The key word here is man.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The key word in the post you quoted is "in".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wasn't she hurt at that point? Wasn't she kinda like bent over the wheel, drooly mouth and all that? Or am I thinking after the crash...

BTW I loved the movie, I even got a little wet-eyed....for the record the guy beside me may or may not have sniffled a time or two, but who am I to call him out?? Anyway.

I actually called it when I saw her...and the kid climbing out the cave....yep, that's ol' Talia....they don't seem to be having any kind of love connection though
I also immediately guessed "Robin" (which I will admit was a big WTF?)

I didn't understand a few parts of it, just seemed kinda...out there.....I think Hardy played Bane very well, I must have missed the Talia/Bane connection in comics/books because I always thought there was just Talia/Bruce connection but I'm not an expert and don't claim to be.

I don't see how the movie was SO bad in everyone's opinion though, was it really that horrible??? No, it may not have been better than TDK but I didn't think it was a total floater turd like everyone else thinks it to be...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

You are damn right! And catwoman coming out of nowhere just at the right time...NOOOO!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
reply to post by Jepic

Second, I believe Talia and Bane did not intend to escape Gotham. They, like Batman, did not fear death; they were there to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny by detonating the bomb, which would have caused mass destruction anywhere it went off because, well, it's an atom bomb.

I know they didn't fear death that's precisely why I ask, why didn't she drive into the icy water and sink the whole truck with the bomb in it when Batman was busy with the missiles?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

reply to post by Jepic

I know they didn't fear death that's precisely why I ask, why didn't she drive into the icy water and sink the whole truck with the bomb in it when Batman was busy with the missiles?

I can only assume she made the same mistake all the other villains made at one point during the trilogy: underestimating the Batman. I guess she thought she could outrun him since there was so little time left on the clock. That's really nitpicky though, if that's your only gripe with the film then I'd say it's pretty minor. Movies are meant to be enjoyed not over analyzed, and I think Nolan is one of the most brilliant directors of our generation. Though his films aren't entirely perfect, he has yet to disappoint.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

reply to post by Jepic

I can only assume she made the same mistake all the other villains made at one point during the trilogy: underestimating the Batman. I guess she thought she could outrun him since there was so little time left on the clock. That's really nitpicky though, if that's your only gripe with the film then I'd say it's pretty minor. Movies are meant to be enjoyed not over analyzed, and I think Nolan is one of the most brilliant directors of our generation. Though his films aren't entirely perfect, he has yet to disappoint.

Fair point. I just hate how everything turns out rainbow and unicorns all the time. I mean what's the point of go watching the movie next time when I know everything will turn out happy.

Do you know what I mean? To me enjoying a movie involves uncertainty about the fate of the characters.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by swoopaloop

# you Douche bag.

How can a woman be Batman? The key word here is man.

Your post wreaks of failure.

top topics

join