It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seamonster in Norway caught on video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Themaninwhite
Very interesting video.. I don't think it's waves from a boat wake or a net with buoys ..You can see the humps there is something moving in the water like a large snake ..I'm not saying its a sea monster but i suppose anything is possible my problem is there is nothing to judge its size..S&F for a great video..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What this proves is that we see what we want to see

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by watchitburn
I don't think the video is enough to tell exactly what it was.

But I don't think it was a boat wake. If you look quickly at the beginning of the video there is only one boat in the area. From what I saw, the boat was too far away from the anomaly and moving too slow for it to be the cause of this.

I'm no expert though.

Me neither. The first thing that came to mind was a string of small buoys being pulled by a rope underwater. I dunno?

This is what I think too.That's exactly what it looks like. I see similar things all the time down here in Florida.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is nothing to see but waves, the "humps" as some suggest, are the waves breaking, making the water look darker.If something was swimming under the water it would create waves traveling away to both sides, these are only going in one direction.

Not only that, but in the start of the video you can actually see the long riples creating the breaking waves

A 20 sec. video... seriously

To much fantasy in this world

edit on 29-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....

Yep. That's exactly what it was. The only monsters I saw were the locals.

*shivers*

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Themaninwhite

Interesting! I don't think it is a boat wake - there seems to be SOMETHING there, but I don't know what it could be. The text states "40-50 humps". So, fairly long, whatever it was. Someone mentioned a net.....maybe? Maybe not. I would want to read more reports of what others have seen before deciding, and maybe know of large fishing nets (or anything else with floats) would be in that area in the first place. I am not sure, though, that a dragged net, or swim area rope, or something like that, would look quite like that. I would expect to see some of the rope or net, in such a case. Really sounds like a case for one of those shows, where they try to recreate such things. It would be fairly easy to drag a net and a rope with floats, and see if it looked the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Although cryptid study hasn't revealed any significant "monsters" there is A LOT of anecdotal evidence to suggest that giant cryptids do exist.

For instance, for those that watch Destination Truth on SyFy - Josh Gates has found 2 footprints of "bigfoot" / "yeti" that are clearly from a giant bipedal mammal. Although that is television, he stands by his claims, which is good enough for me.

Also, I remember reading about a HUGE squid and octopus being found some time ago (maybe a year or two ago...possibly longer).

So although we don't have a lot of conclusive proof yet, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Good footage.

The squid was in a Monster Quest episode. They were looking (no idea WHY) for a "giant" Humboldt. Never mind that no one ever reported that variety, that large. They did get some AMAZING underwater footage, though, of a squid, that if a giant type, would have been around 120 ft. or something close to that. HUGE.

There are sea snakes, that can live basically all over, as I recall, and eels. Either of these could provide a much larger than "accepted" size. There could also be something unknown, that could live there. We have sound recordings of some aquatic mammal in Lake Champlain that experts state is not any known whale or dolphin, but IS something like them. There are reports pretty much globally of large unknown creatures in lakes in cold areas. So, yes, very possible. The mainstream scientific community doesn't know everything, no matter how much they would like to pretend otherwise.

Very interesting footage, indeed!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hmm...Wake..Possibly BUT

The initial shot shows no boat anywhere near it before she zooms in, it also shows if you are quick the direction of the wind on the water, left to right. There's also the point that the 'wake' is moving forward and not semi sideways as a wake does.

So we have a mild wind in a different direction to the wake, no boat close enough to have creates a wake of that force and momentum (wakes peter out quite quickly), a wake going in a straight line, and a wake creating its own mini wake proving its in a straight line.

So, what it is I don't know but I doubt very much its the wake that people claim.

Me, I'm more inclined to say its something being pulled towards the shore line possibly on a wire, maybe its a stunt to get more tourism to this lake. What is odd is that the video is very short, I didn't translate the video but I'm sure a child spotting something like that would keep watching its until it vanished or came out of the water?
edit on 29-7-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The most annoying thing in these kind of news snippets is that the videos are freaking short. Like in this case, it would be nice to see the surroundings and some other perspectives on that vid aswell.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

But I don't think it was a boat wake. If you look quickly at the beginning of the video there is only one boat in the area. From what I saw, the boat was too far away from the anomaly and moving too slow for it to be the cause of this.

I'm no expert though.

Me neither. The first thing that came to mind was a string of small buoys being pulled by a rope underwater. I dunno?

This is what I think too.That's exactly what it looks like. I see similar things all the time down here in Florida.

I also thought it looked like a string of buoys being pulled. This is because I didn't see any of the "humps" moving as they predictably would on a spine. It does appear that a rope is barely visible in the following screen capture from the video:

edit on 7/29/2012 by Lysis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To the "Snake Researcher" that says he is %100 sure its a snake swimming on water, i suggest you do more field research and not sit indoors. If you had ever actually seen a snake swimming , in person , you would have noticed that its definitely not a snake , of any kind . Ignorance. It clearly looks nothing like a snake swimming in water . snakes slither side to side ABOVE the surface of the water not under it , not up and down like a breakdancer doing the worm .haha.

edit on 29-7-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysis

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I'm no expert though.

I also thought it looked like a string of buoys being pulled. This is because I didn't see any of the "humps" moving as they predictably would on a spine. It does appear that a rope is barely visible in the following screen capture from the video:

edit on 7/29/2012 by Lysis because: (no reason given)

I think ill jump on that wagon too. i agree

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm still on the fence with this one.

Think I'll watch the vid a few more times.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Weather balloons that have been dragged underwater, pushed by swamp gas, or bigfoot pulling in his fishing net.

eh eh yes swamp gas

Nessy lives! earth humans only believe something if its touted by lame stream media

we are also told the universe is sterile but for earth eh eh
as unimaginably old and immense the universe is they say microbes might (might) live on other planets eh eh

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Great video of a boat wake moving across a glass lake.....Nothing to see here for real....
reply to post by GuidedKill

The wake of which boat are you referring to? Go back and watch again before she zooms in on it. The only boat I see is inappropriately placed to create the wake you are suggesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
To my eyes, that doesn't look like waves created by a boat. I don't know why it can't be real. If we forget the word "monster", the mental blockage is gone. Then all we got is a possible new specie found.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
to repeat..

Hmm...Wake..Possibly BUT

The initial shot shows no boat anywhere near it before she zooms in, it also shows if you are quick the direction of the wind on the water, left to right. There's also the point that the 'wake' is moving forward and not semi sideways as a wake does.

So we have a mild wind in a different direction to the wake, no boat close enough to have creates a wake of that force and momentum (wakes peter out quite quickly), a wake going in a straight line, and a wake creating its own mini wake proving its in a straight line.

So, what it is I don't know but I doubt very much its the wake that people claim.

Me, I'm more inclined to say its something being pulled towards the shore line possibly on a wire, maybe its a stunt to get more tourism to this lake. What is odd is that the video is very short, I didn't translate the video but I'm sure a child spotting something like that would keep watching its until it vanished or came out of the water?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
it is this on a much smaller scale. same dynamic

here's another

it is the same dynamic that makes this

the "monster" is the intersection of opposing waves or currents

look at all these monsters

edit on 29-7-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It would be nice if it was a 'monster', but I would say without doubt it is boat wake. 99.9%. You can even see clearly at the start one set of wake lines. (moving right to left). That is part of what creates the darkened, elongated wake formation in question.

Having spent alot of time on the water, probably approaching years in actual time cumulatively, these convergences are far from uncommon. It is what happens when one wake (clearly visible in lines at the start of the video) meets up with another wake or current (or submerged sandbank or the like) from another angle.

i.e. one bigger wake (clearly visible) has met up with a smaller wake (less visible) - they hit at obtuse angles, and this is what you get. The second wake could easily have been made hundreds of metres away, even an hour earlier, so there does not have to be a boat in the picture.
edit on 29-7-2012 by cloudbreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

You said "all i know is whatever it is it's not any creature living naturally in Norway."
evidently you are mistaken because it seems to be naturally living in Norway.

Just because there is no accepted proof of it's existence doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
edit on 29-7-2012 by rickymouse because: proof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join