It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Street Art

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

My pleasure Iamchist, and I did not know other artists were doing this too, so it was nice to see some other works.

all you Art guys look alike

You mean we look artzy?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

if its not done right, it looks like crap! if its done correctly,the corner disappears and the result is amazing.
this type of artwork actually causes vertigo in some people,because the brain can't comprihend it is a 2-d image
that looks 3-d,and they get dizzy!!!

I could see the worthwhile street art having the same effect, lol. I don't flip out on natural landscapes, but man-made ones, especially the high ones, make me almost faint.

I got pushed onto that glass floor in the CN Tower in Toronto, looked down, and really wigged out.

@iamschist: Awesome thread, although I was kind of freaking out at some of the realistic, 3D pics....

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnysixguns
Street art is cool, imo. And the 3rd perception of this style is awesome.

I am still a Banksy fan first and foremost though.

Banksy uses stencils, when young me and my mates did all our art free hand, on trains, walls and anywhere we could to be seen, he fits the stereo type that the controlling faction of expression aims for, using stencils leaves little room for artistic flare in the moment, follows a set of guidelines, and is very robotic in its nature.

Not saying he is not a good artist, his free hand is amazing, saying he sets an example of robotic nature in expression for other young artists, that is why he is pushed to the fore of the art scene, why he is allowed to express, I know loads of good artists who are overlooked because they are not following the subscribed doctrine.

But hey that is just one ex graffiti artists opinion.

Love the 3d street art, that stuff is next level, and takes hours upon hours to complete, imagine having ten minutes and fear flying through you, adrenaline pumping and trying to make something amazing with just 4 colours and a train.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

these Artists are so talented. I have seen some street art like this in the city mall before. It is a pity they have to clean it off afterwards...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yes I agree, would be hard to watch it being destroyed. I guess they can make it pretty fast, but I agree they have so much talent, is amazing they give it so freely. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

it is a pity to clean it off, I reckon it makes the mall look so much more interesting...they should leave it there ... better than boring cement!!

and some graffiti is very good too, people need to change their attitude to some of this stuff... I would rather see some graffiti (artwork stuff) than a lifeless cement slab of a wall.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I agree, bare walls and now pavement are so much more appealing with art on them. I like trains with graffiti too, there is some major graffiti art out there. Art enhances our lives. I understand not everyone shares my opinion. lol Some towns and cities have murals up on the sides of buildings, like those too.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Amazing art work. I would like to see a painting in progress from start to finish

I find it funny that people can quite appreciate these articulate and complicated artworks are made and designed by humans. Yet they see a basic pattern in a cornfield and conclude aliens must have done it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join