It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran stockpiling food? Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

from khomeini's testament """The USA is the foremost enemy of Islam. It is a terrorist state by nature that has set fire to everything everywhere and its ally, the international Zionism does not stop short of any crime to achieve its base and greedy desires, crimes that the tongue and pen are ashamed to utter or write. The stupid idea of a Greater Israel ...(36) urges them to commit any shameful crime. The Islamic nations and the mustazafeen (the meek, the oppressed) peoples of the world are pleased to have Hussein of Jordan (37) a professional, itinerant criminal, Hasan of Morocco ...(38) and Hosni Mubarak ...(39) of Egypt, fellow-mangers of Israel, as enemies. These are fellow-criminals with Israel and commit any act of treason against their own nations to serve the USA. We cheer to have Saddam, the Aflaqi ...(40) as an enemy whom friend and foe know to be a criminal, a violator of human rights and international laws and whose betrayal of the peoples of Iraq and of the Persian Gulf Emirates, has been no less than his betrayal of our country and people. We and the oppressed peoples of the world are delighted to be objects of criminal accusations by the superpowers through the international mass media under their control. """

server32.irna.com...

edit on 28-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

I don't take it personally
I'm not looking for correct interpretations though. I'm looking for the ones that have been misinterpreted and show an agenda of some sort. (if there are any) I understand the concept of peacefull, defensive jihad but I also understand that many acts of cruelty and violence have been perpetrated under the flag of jihad as well. If this simple fact can't be recognized I think I should just move along.

Moving on, Nothing to see here

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No, I don't think I'm confused at all. Mahdiism or Mahdism is one one the key doctrines of Shi'i muslims. I am familiar with the belief of "the coming Mahdi" and realize that not all sects of Shi'i interpret it the same way. While I have no doubt that Iran is a beautiful place and no doubt the majority of citizens are beautiful people, I also realize that extremist sects of Shi'i exist. That can't be denied.

Since interpretation was brought up earlier I was wondering if you speak Farsi. Either way, I would like to hear someone's opinion on this link:

www.jcpa.org...

Thanks

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: add content

I have a point about that article the word of Jew is not right. it is trying to say that there is anti_semitism in Iran.
while when speaks about Israel regime it does not mean that he is speaking against jewdaism. there are Jews in Iran and they have their members in parlement and there are no gaurds at their Synagogues' doors that you may see in some europian countries. since there is no anti_semitism in Iran.
I think we are all victims of international zhionism (not judaism) from USA's nation to Palestinian's.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I don't know about you but in my pantry and even if I don't count the small and large freezer of which the later is stocked full in my cellar loaded with Venison, Beef, Pork, Chicken and the like as well as I even have Home Made Tomato sauce from last years garden bounty...as well as everyone I know who is either Lower Middle Class all the way up to very wealthy...the average American as well as Canadian Family has at the very LEAST...6 to 10 months worth of food or more stocked.

If I look into my Kitchen Pantry alone...I would estimate...if we had to stretch our food supplies...there is at least 3 plus months worth of food inside. The Pasta, Rice, Flour and canned goods alone in my pantry could go 3 months so to say 3 months is a lot of food...even given that I am talking about U.S. and Canadian Families...does not seem like a Big Deal.

Arab and Persian Families tend to stock HUGE amounts of Rice and Flour as well as...unless you are a City Dweller...all have a good number of Animals that are bread for Food such as Lamb, Goat, Camel...etc. Iran is not an all sand region and there are many farms although it is no where near as Fertile as the North American Great Plains which of themselves have the ability to feed the entire Planet...still...Iran would be able to feed itself and the U.S. would never embargo FOOD SHIPMENTS.

Why they are stockpiling...if they even are as I would think if they were it is their own Pro-Democracy Movement getting ready to have a Showdown with the Iranian Government. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Probably has more to do with the US drought and knowing food prices will be skyrocketing for them and everyone else.
edit on 28-7-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

Estimated 75 billion dollars in losses, so yeah i can imagine. Three months won't be enough though.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes9

from khomeini's testament """The USA is the foremost enemy of Islam. It is a terrorist state by nature that has set fire to everything everywhere and its ally, the international Zionism does not stop short of any crime to achieve its base and greedy desires, crimes that the tongue and pen are ashamed to utter or write. The stupid idea of a Greater Israel ...(36) urges them to commit any shameful crime. The Islamic nations and the mustazafeen (the meek, the oppressed) peoples of the world are pleased to have Hussein of Jordan (37) a professional, itinerant criminal, Hasan of Morocco ...(38) and Hosni Mubarak ...(39) of Egypt, fellow-mangers of Israel, as enemies. These are fellow-criminals with Israel and commit any act of treason against their own nations to serve the USA. We cheer to have Saddam, the Aflaqi ...(40) as an enemy whom friend and foe know to be a criminal, a violator of human rights and international laws and whose betrayal of the peoples of Iraq and of the Persian Gulf Emirates, has been no less than his betrayal of our country and people. We and the oppressed peoples of the world are delighted to be objects of criminal accusations by the superpowers through the international mass media under their control. """

server32.irna.com...

LOL. Oppressed people. Who are the oppressors in Africa hm? Whose Oppressing and killing coptic christians in Alexandria Egypt? Whose killing christians in Sudan and Nigeria and Somalia and the once christian Lebanon that is now muslim? This same meek and "oppressed" islam you're nattering on about doesn't seem to have a problem oppressing others and speaking out about others but when the shoe is on the other foot people die for it. Spare me your bullsh*t propaganda.
edit on 28-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are grouping two completely different, indeed antithetic to one another, groups of Muslims.... this is the biggest problem in speaking to Americans, you all do not understand not all Muslims are the same with the same beliefs.

The Shia have historically been oppressed and murdered by the same group of Muslims whom you are referring here, and then trying to blame shia for their actions? that simply makes little to no sense outside of ignorance of people.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

but that was not about religion at all. it was about the stupid idea of greater Israel !

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

let me read that article carefully and then highlight the misinterpretations.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

Ok, I had to come back for this one! No anti-semitism in Iran?

Yeah, and you don't have homosexuals in Iran either, right?

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

homosexuality is not and will never be practiced as a kind of marriage here in Iran. you can be glad that it is going to be considered as a marriage in some western countries. that it will lead their societies to even breaks down more.

Khomeini's letter to Gorbachev::

“Mr. Gorbachev!

It’s necessary to accept the truth; your country’s main problem is not possessorship, economy and freedom. Your problem is lack of real devote to God, the same as that led West to meanness or will lead. Your great problem is the long and useless struggle with God.”

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

I said nothing about marriage.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I never said anti-semitism is the norm in Iran but to claim it doesn't exist is almost as laughable as saying no Muslims perpetrate violent acts under the banner of jihad. Gimme a break!

www.iranian.com...

www.fidh.org...
edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse

No, I don't think I'm confused at all. Mahdiism or Mahdism is one one the key doctrines of Shi'i muslims. I am familiar with the belief of "the coming Mahdi" and realize that not all sects of Shi'i interpret it the same way. While I have no doubt that Iran is a beautiful place and no doubt the majority of citizens are beautiful people, I also realize that extremist sects of Shi'i exist. That can't be denied.

Since interpretation was brought up earlier I was wondering if you speak Farsi. Either way, I would like to hear someone's opinion on this link:

www.jcpa.org...

Thanks

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: add content

some mis_interpretations of the article linked above::

1-Ahmadinejad is just a president that is elected directly by an election and is supervised by the parlement.
Leader is elected indirectly and supervised by a council that is elected directly by people.
2-destruction of Israel physically, how!? the Idea of Iran was and is to clarify the situation in the Palestinians by a referandum that real paletinians from jews to christians and muslims can vote. this is a good way to ruin the international zhionism.
but no one wants to listen.
3-zhionism and Israel does not mean Judaism.
en.wikipedia.org...
4-the words on missles just shows Iran's response to Israel threats.
5-they do not dare convicting Israel regime's genocides in Shakilla and 22 and 33 day wars or other places that racist wall, but they want to convict Ahmadinejad for their misinterpretation of speeches that are quoted from Khomeini by a crime of genocide !
6-it is better to say to Clear Israel from the scene of the time instead of saying clearing it from the map. there is no word of map in that statements.
7-180,000 anti_regime persian blogs does not show anything but a cyber war. even one can not understand the number of anti_regimes activists. why do not they look at the elections. the kind of regime elected with over 90% votes after the revolution.
8- if you want to comment about the 2008 election events. that was not just some people were decieved about the election and they wanted the truth. but when they realized that there was a colored revolution going on, that was people that ended the riots not the government. power is somehow peoplistic matter in Iran, governments and regime are so weak without people.

have a good night.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

Thanks for your bias-free interpretation.
And a good night to you as well!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Since there is anti semitism everywhere www.adl.org... including America, perhaps we can chalk up what little there might be found in Iran to the same thing we can chalk it up to in America.... ignorance....

Some people are racist, some people have anti semitic thinking, some people are ignorant, some people can be found in any corner of the world.

Also to note, there is a clear distinction between being against Zionism and being anti semitic, zionists would have you believe that if you are against zionism you are against jews, and this is clearly not the case!
edit on 28-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Did you check out the links I included in that last post about anti-semitism?

I never said anti-semitism is the norm in Iran but to claim it doesn't exist is almost as laughable as saying no Muslims perpetrate violent acts under the banner of jihad. Gimme a break!

www.iranian.com...

www.fidh.org...

All part of the Zionist propaganda, I'm sure

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I agree. That's why I find it ridiculous someone would deny that anti-semitism exists in their country.
Yes, I understand there is a difference between anti-semitism and anti-zionism but I think it can be factually stated that some don't understand this difference and this ignorance allows their anti-zionism to morph into anti-semitism without even realizing it.

Edit:... Beuller?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So on ATS its okay to be anti-semetic but NOT anti-muslim or anti-arabic etc? Ok

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join