It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran stockpiling food? Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Iran’s trade with other countries has been hindered since the United States and the European Union imposed a banking and insurance embargo on Tehran over its disputed nuclear program.

Read it here

Doesn't Iran have a lot [most] of their food supply imported? Well then, it makes sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hello there im a new member from the United Kingdom, ive been reading through this web site for ages but was always caught between signing up because for every excellent post there is some utter crap written for others, Niburu # etc, im without bigging myself up am a fairly Wiley cat, i have a brother who is highly decorated for services rendered in Iraq and some spec ops in Afghanistan/Pakistan, i find the discussion on this website both riveting and the same time laughable!. i love listening and being open to conspiracy ideas(my years as being an X-Files fan have made me believe lol), Any one savvy enough will realize that we are in the mist of a proxy, geopolitical battle for control in Persia, im can tell you with the utmost certainty that Iran is next on the list, and there ruling elite know this !!. This is a post to "get ones foot in the door" as i dont really have scobbie do as to how to launch my own topics!, must retire now as im watching my beloved San Francisco Giants get thumped at the enemy "Fake L.A" Dodgers vizz 82 x

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

This is why...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Really Jeeeeeeez !

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

Didnt anyone ever tell you - watching propaganda causes brain damage ... you've obviously watched far to many propaganda flicks that its seriously affected your judgement ...

have visited iran a few times over the years found it a beautiful country and the people quite friendly ... also been to a couple symposiums and heard Ahminejad speak the man is far from being the raving lunatic that the americans and israelis try to make him out to be ..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the only conclusion that I can arrived at as to why, and I'm sure many of you will support this theory...Iran is preparing for a collapse of the American system and social unrest in the west.

from what i've read...all things that happen in the world are somehow related to what's to come in the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I am going to say something you all might think is weird. Because in reality it sounds weird... so God only knows whether or not it is.

But I have had a prophetic dream a while back, that we, the citizens of the world, will go through a famine, and that the only way to survive that famine will be to stockpile food. I am not the only person I know of who has had this same dream. I follow the same religion as the Iranians, and so does the other person I know of who had the dream.

The Iranian government is very religious, if many of us are having dreams of a coming famine, and being warned to stockpile food, perhaps the government thought it wise to take heed to this warning.

It is a possibility.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

As I stated earlier, I see a clear distinction between the citizens of Iran and the ruling regime and have not endorsed military action. I'm sure Iran is a beautiful place with beautiful people. I also think it is the home of a violent sect of Mahdiism. Did you read the dissertation I linked to? I would like the opinion of someone that speaks Farsi on this matter. Do you speak Farsi?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Once you realise whats been going on all these years.....ANYTHINGS possible, dont be close minded

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

First of all, you are very confused. There is no religion called Mahdism.... the religion is Shia Islam, and they ALL believe in the coming of Imam Mahdi (atf) but then so do all Muslims, we just all have a different take on it.

The coming of Imam Mahdi (atf) is not a violent belief. We believe that the Imam (atf) is coming WITH Jesus and will bring peace on earth and there will be no more oppression or injustice. This is not a violent belief, and those of us who believe in the Return, myself included, are no different than Christians who believe that Jesus will return someday.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

First of all, you are very confused. There is no religion called Mahdism.... the religion is Shia Islam, and they ALL believe in the coming of Imam Mahdi (atf) but then so do all Muslims, we just all have a different take on it.

The coming of Imam Mahdi (atf) is not a violent belief. We believe that the Imam (atf) is coming WITH Jesus and will bring peace on earth and there will be no more oppression or injustice. This is not a violent belief, and those of us who believe in the Return, myself included, are no different than Christians who believe that Jesus will return someday.

what are you talking about...the belief in the Mahdi and the belief in a return of Jesus are both steeped in darkness and have the potential for the most extreme violence ever suggested by the human mind.

not to mention that either or both together necessitate that all human beings be subjugated without recompense by corrupt organizations...those very same organizations are using the idea of Jesus and the Mahdi as an opportunity to steal land, children, homes and personal property.

Iran is stockpiling food because the Mahdi ain't coming and they've been writing bad checks all over the world and them people are coming by to get their money back.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the only conclusion that I can arrived at as to why, and I'm sure many of you will support this theory...Iran is preparing for a collapse of the American system and social unrest in the west.

from what i've read...all things that happen in the world are somehow related to what's to come in the US.

yeah they would be glad to. and see it as a divine assistance. especially EU is very vulnerable, they still have large trades with Iran. suppose that with such situation they want to ban all of them totally. what will happen !
and I think the sanctions on Iran especially the central bank is not wise enough. because it is producing large amount of oil for important countries, for example China. does anyone think that China forget Iran's oil and becomes dependent on oil sources under supervision of USA for example Saudi arabia, I do not think so. so in what currency they pay for the oil !? it is a threat for US economy. moreover Iran is not a direct threat to US. for example north korea can shoot it's nuclear warhead towards US but Iran is limited to it's region. mostly Israel consider it as an direct threat. and of course they have influence in US. US can negotiate with north korea more easily than with Iran. the Israel's pressure always worsens the situation.
edit on 28-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No, I don't think I'm confused at all. Mahdiism or Mahdism is one one the key doctrines of Shi'i muslims. I am familiar with the belief of "the coming Mahdi" and realize that not all sects of Shi'i interpret it the same way. While I have no doubt that Iran is a beautiful place and no doubt the majority of citizens are beautiful people, I also realize that extremist sects of Shi'i exist. That can't be denied.

Since interpretation was brought up earlier I was wondering if you speak Farsi. Either way, I would like to hear someone's opinion on this link:

www.jcpa.org...

Thanks

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: add content

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well, since you are speaking of ithna asheri shia islam, (12 follower Islam) and there is only two interpretations or sects, if you will, of that faith (12 follower), and both have the same interpretation of the coming of the Imam, and neither interpretation is extreme, I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about.... while I do, since it is my faith.

One of the two groups of ithna asheri are more political in their interpretations, which is what the government of Iran is.... and the other group is apolitical.... but the belief in the Mahdi is the same for both groups.... this belief is not extreme for either group, and neither group believes the Return can be forced, or predicted as to any date.

As you edited in that link, from the Jeruselum Center, and Israeli propaganda machine, I do not think anyone should or will take into consideration lies coming from isreal, to know a thing about what it is the government of Iran is 'really' saying.

edit on 28-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

I am going to say something you all might think is weird. Because in reality it sounds weird... so God only knows whether or not it is.

But I have had a prophetic dream a while back, that we, the citizens of the world, will go through a famine, and that the only way to survive that famine will be to stockpile food. I am not the only person I know of who has had this same dream. I follow the same religion as the Iranians, and so does the other person I know of who had the dream.

The Iranian government is very religious, if many of us are having dreams of a coming famine, and being warned to stockpile food, perhaps the government thought it wise to take heed to this warning.

It is a possibility.

without any doubt we are living in the last days.(at least it is not the first days!) wars, and injustice and famine are threatening humanity. well I live in Iran. I am not sure about any stockpiling. Iran can produce it's food domestically, but they need to stockpile it when the demand is low to release it when it is high. and nowadays because of Ramadan and the shortage of some food they have bought large amount of them and they want to release it. I think this is what has misleaded the foregin news sites.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
iran is unplugging from the matrix.

you know what that means.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It's not a belief in forcing the return but rather preparing for it by defeating the enemies of Islam which brings about the restoration of the caliphate. Do I think all Muslims believe this? Absolutely not. Are there groups of Muslims, Shi'i and Sunni, that believe this and are willing to resort to violence in order to achieve this? Yes. Like I asked before, do you speak Farsi? I'd really like someone to help me cut through all the interpretations contained in the dissertation i linked to earlier.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse

It's not a belief in forcing the return but rather preparing for it by defeating the enemies of Islam which brings about the restoration of the caliphate. Do I think all Muslims believe this? Absolutely not. Are there groups of Muslims, Shi'i and Sunni, that believe this and are willing to resort to violence in order to achieve this? Yes. Like I asked before, do you speak Farsi? I'd really like someone to help me cut through all the interpretations contained in the dissertation i linked to earlier.

yes you are right muslims think that they should be prepared for the last days. scientific, military, .... to be a developed society but I can not see any aggression in their beliefs. as a matter of fact Jihad is only defensive. Wahabism has a story for itself. I live in Iran and can read Farsi, can I help you!?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

Hey, thanks for the response. Please read through the link i provided above at, your leisure, and please point out any inconsistencies in interpretations that you see. I'm not trying to be snarky, would just like someone's opinion that actually speaks the language.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I flipped through the article. and I saw some sentences against Israel from Khomeini. I think the translation was right. and all of them was against Israel and I want to add one against US too.
"""US is the big satan"""
do not take it personally.

server32.irna.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join