It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Really) The worlds most dangerous job.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Commercial Diving is dangerous in general, but add to the flame -- fixing a malfunctioning nuclear reactor. Imagine the untold story of the nuclear dive team at Fukushima racing to try and fix the pumps.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Jhathaway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
really interesting.

I have a great fascination and admiration for the professional divers, whether they dive on oil rigs, sewerage systems, etc. Maybe it is because I grew up in the middle of the desert, and I still see water as this huge, mysterious thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would rate a dangerous job on just how many actual deaths there are a year in the field and not on perceived danger.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jhathaway

We have a "NuclearDiver" here on ATS! Someone should PM him to check out this thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Although I am not a Nuclear Diver, I am a commercial diver and have been steadily employed for the past two years. As a profession, I find it to be quite exciting; being able to relive every child's fantasy of being in space. All jokes aside though, it can be a very dangerous job. Phoenix, You are right. Still, any job which relies on any single person, for the safety of a larger population, carries a certain weight and responsibility. A New York cop faces the same danger and responsibility, still, the idea of being right next to an exposed nuclear fuel rod is pretty harrowing.
At the very least it would make a great movie-- Just remake Armageddon and adopt the Fukushima accident, highlighting the skeleton crew of response divers trying to save the failing systems. Oh, how Hollywood bores me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Definatly a scary job but they make it seem 40 dergree water is dangerous thats 104 degrees farenheit, that is the same temperature I keep my hot tub and I will stay in for over a hour. Dont get me wrong, you wont get me to do what they do. I have a primal fear of deep water, high places, and the dark.

new topics

top topics

join