It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
dailycaller.com...

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

So basically, whites and Asians will get disciplined for things black kids will get a pass on now because of their skin color. How in the world can anyone support this racist A-hole? HOW???

Where does it say this? I'm not seeing what you're seeing here.

“What this means is that whites and Asians will get suspended for things that blacks don’t get suspended for,” because school officials will try to level punishments despite groups’ different infraction rates, predicted Hans Bader, a counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Bader is a former official in the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, and has sued and represented school districts and colleges in civil-rights cases.

“It is too bad that the president has chosen to set up a new bureaucracy with a focus on one particular racial group, to the exclusion of all others,” said Roger Clegg, the president of the Center for Equal Opportunity.

So, where does this guy get off translating that policy as being prejudicial in favor of any race? The sentence I read says "to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior." It doesn't say "to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of one major racial and ethnic group are penalized at lesser rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior."

Are we finally lost in a weird bizarro-world, where black is white and up is down? Man, this having a negro president has sure destroyed the cognitive capacity of some folks to the degree that they can't read and understand a simple sentence. That's pretty scary to realize.
edit on 7/28/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
dailycaller.com...

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

“African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order, titled “White House Initiative On

So basically, whites and Asians will get disciplined for things black kids will get a pass on now because of their skin color. How in the world can anyone support this racist A-hole? HOW???

You are making things up

As usual, you guys make things sound fantastic and then pretend your stories are fact.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I couldn't find it either...I do not know where the writer in the OP article is finding that or how they are coming to that conclusion, unless there is more paperwork and regulations going along with this we have yet to read?

I am just opposed in general to having executive orders for special classes of people.
edit on 28-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by de_Genova

Look at all those stars already

Great work Vitruvian.......its about time somebody had the balls to face up to the reality of the way people of color have been so MAL - treated and abused in America.............. We owe them - so REPARATIONS ARE IN ORDER TOO - bigtime
Watch and see - but it'll come about as a result of UNITED NATIONS actions and not on the part of the government.............Otherwise it'll come to a civil war that'll make the war between the states look like a muffin march - a cake walk.............[
edit on 28-7-2012 by de_Genova because: wrong way harrigan

log off the internet and go get some fresh air.
you surely need it!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

"...this new Initiative's focus on improving all the sequential levels of education will produce a more effective educational continuum for all African American students."

While this is no doubt an honorable focus, I find it disheartening that the emphasis is on a single group of African American students as opposed to ALL American students. I think that if you work on improving schools for All students, possibly in ways I suggested before, you could improve everyone's education opportunities. As I also stated before, this order is a great example of what "social justice" looks like.

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: increasing drunkeness

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by BenReclused

No question answered though. What civilization recovers from tyranny and oppression in less than 2 generations? After being oppressed in a society for centuries?And not even oppressed with a sense of identity... oppressed with NO identity.

PM me a few links, I'm interested. Peace
edit on 28-7-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

Thew jews and the Irish made a pretty fast comeback considering what they went through

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You didn't read my whole post. I can tell you read a portion of it and fired up an emotional response. Read my post again... all the way to the end.

I did, and it was true on the issues its addressing, true for the natives here as well. And yet it is not racial. Its not about white versus black. It is a systematic control mechanism that a group of controllers (I don't consider them the same human mix as everyone else either more annanuki themselves) puts upon the world, its still that small group doing it and blacks are just as brainwashed or controlled or maniuplated as whites. It would have turned out the same way in reverse altogether if that control group had done the same thing to whites and made blacks grow to the middle class.

This is about humanity versus that hideous control group, not about blacks versus whites, or whites versus natives.

And scarsity never ever had to exist, for there is enough for all, and today we have some basic non fossil fuel solutions and every household could be low on resources, ie made from local cob and earthen solutions, like earth ship and cob homes, and off grid, produce their own energy and most of their own food, certainly enough for emergencies.

What is happening right now is the have nots, are being brainwashed to blame the middle class, so the top can TAKE IT ALL, and impose fascism on everyone, aftter what I think is a repressive violent revolution that would also send everyone back to the stone ages with human rights and equality.

Its horrific and part of the very controls they use.

Also, those who keep saying there is no equality, people are different are so completely brainwashed, themselves, and they justify this system of excellence, where most are fodder for a few.

Those excellent ones go on to abuse humanity, exploit others and earn income in psychopathic methods of corruption.

So what they really believe in is a hellzone that harms and tortures the equal and family oriented and rewards the ruthless demons.

Its twisted beyond.

Put everyone in something like this the world over, abolish banks, have local councils of citizens handling meetups and problem solving so that they are the true grass roots governance and the elected leaders are truly servants to them, and see how equal all the races really are, because they are.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

But both sides are being heavily programmed and its not the races that are at fault but that tiny group at the top, and from what I understand they're all from Sumar, but mixed in their outer appearances.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster"regardless of individuals’ behavior."

You overlook this phrase, just because the word "equal" is written doesn't mean it promotes equality, it clearly implies that punishment will have nothing to do with whether a student misbehaves or not, as long as everyone is punished equally.

Example: lets say ten blacks get punished for misbehavior, now say five whites misbehave but 10 get punished to make it "equal".

How can you not see an issue here and sit there criticizing others reading comprehension?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And the crime rates, the lack of performance in school, all of it, would be a thing of the past. Slums would be gone forever. There may still be problems, and occasional violence in arguments flaring up, but with cousneling and a lot of help, people can learn to grow past these flaws in themselves.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by NorEaster"regardless of individuals’ behavior."

You overlook this phrase, just because the word "equal" is written doesn't mean it promotes equality, it clearly implies that punishment will have nothing to do with whether a student misbehaves or not, as long as everyone is punished equally.

Example: lets say ten blacks get punished for misbehavior, now say five whites misbehave but 10 get punished to make it "equal".

How can you not see an issue here and sit there criticizing others reading comprehension?

That's not what it says at all. That's what you're reading into it. Big difference.

There is nothing at all in that statement that clarifies that a student's fundamental civil rights will be abridged as a result of this policy concerning equal degrees of discipline regardless of individual behavior. That clarification would be there and it'd be clear and unambiguous, or the policy itself would be worthless and unenforceable. Institutionalized punishment is serious stuff - policy-wise - and it takes more than a quick inference to strip an American citizen of their inalienable (that word does mean something that is clearly defined legally, by the way) right to equal treatment under the law.

You guys are so jazzed up over the careless government oppression talk on this site, it only takes a misread of a somewhat vague statement to send you all to the barricades. The truth is that for the sort of policy that you're suggesting to ever be officially implemented, it'd take more than an executive order. They sure wouldn't be trying to sneak it through, since it'd establish overwhelming legal precedence that would reverberate for years through every level of this entire society.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

There is nothing at all in that statement that states that a student's fundamental civil rights will be abridged by (if you're right in your interpretation) a vague inference that some might perceive within that statement concerning equal degrees of discipline regardless of individual behavior.

Just a little fyi.

I grew up here in the USA, and went to school here.

I have been told by many different teachers that "You don't have rights in here, I am the boss!".
"You don't have freedom of speech, I am the dictator."

Things like that. And I have been to multiple schools in multiple states.

I can testify 100% truthfully that the US School system was totalitarian and anti-freedom over 20 years ago.
edit on 28-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

It looks like you found the closest thing to it.

What paragraph is that found?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

It looks like you found the closest thing to it.

What paragraph is that found?

I'm sorry. I don't know what you're asking me for? The quoted passages are wholly contained within the OP's original post.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by NorEaster

There is nothing at all in that statement that states that a student's fundamental civil rights will be abridged by (if you're right in your interpretation) a vague inference that some might perceive within that statement concerning equal degrees of discipline regardless of individual behavior.

Just a little fyi.

I grew up here in the USA, and went to school here.

I have been told by many different teachers that "You don't have rights in here, I am the boss!".
"You don't have freedom of speech, I am the dictator."

Things like that. And I have been to multiple schools in multiple states.

I can testify 100% truthfully that the US School system was totalitarian and anti-freedom over 20 years ago.
edit on 28-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I grew up here in the USA too,and yeah, teachers say that sort of ting and always have. That said, official policy concerning discipline and punishment is one thing and the threats of a teach are something totally different in some cases. The terms are de facto (in fact) and de jure (in law) and your reference is concerning de facto punishment policy, whereas the OP is freaking out about a de jure policy change.

We all have had our fannies spanked by teachers, but that doesn't mean that the OP's rant is in any way accurate concerning the policy that is the basis of this thread discussion. Neither has anything to do with the other.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sorry it's hard for me to quote on my phone. Ive been searching the EO to read the related part but am not having luck finding it. Where in the order did you find the following?

to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior."

I've been wanting to read it myself instead of a bloggers interpretation. Lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Sorry it's hard for me to quote on my phone. Ive been searching the EO to read the related part but am not having luck finding it. Where in the order did you find the following?

to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior."

I've been wanting to read it myself instead of a bloggers interpretation. Lol

I copied and pasted it directly from the OP's thread intro post.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh! Lol I thought you found it in the original document. I still can't find anything like what the blog source quoted.

I didn't pore over every single word in the EO but I did spend a good amount of effort in reading it from start to finish. I just want to make sure it's true or not.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So I guess we're going to pick random white people to send to prison to balance things out then?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Prison Draft Time!!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The word "discipline" is in Section 1, the 3rd paragraph in the EO.

However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education. African American student achievement not only lags behind that of their domestic peers by an average of two grade levels, but also behind students in almost every other developed nation. Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.

The word "disciplinary" is in Sec. 2. (b), (3), (vi) (about half way through the EO)

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

The EO from the White House page

I would say the daily caller article is the "author's" opinion and interpretation.

The EO does have some "equalization" clauses, but I will let somebody else find that and "interpret".

I think one big problem, as always, is that the EO is "delegating" power to "other dept officials".

Those "other dept officials" sometimes "interpret" things the wrong way and do it anyway and then "justify" the actions or apologize later when criticized.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

That is the single most racist speech I have ever heard a U.S. Leader make. Ever. The rumors are, we had a clucker (KKK) in the White House sometime early last century but I never have heard for sure which was supposed to have been the hater in chief from that side.

Replace every reference to African American with White or Aryan and whoever delivered that text would be lucky if they weren't arrested for incitement and hate speech. They'd almost deserve it too. It WOULD ruin careers in record time. Just switch the terms and definitions.

If ever I doubted how hard core Obama is about racism, and ANY race can have racists, this removed all of it. It's the definition of the behavior which makes it, not the race of the person expressing it. It's ugly from either side and this was as open as I've yet to see it from this administration.

This is all my opinion and we're all entitled to one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join