It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Blacks are in the Position they are in because they are Lazy and hate to work.

Yeah, because you can really generalize a whole race
All the black people with jobs are lazy? Or all the pro-athletes?

Hate to work hard in school to better themselves.

Uhhh, maybe you should try going to a ghetto school and see what it is like. There is a reason that the graduation rates are so low...it is a hell hole that does not educate people.

Interesting points.

No, the ones in the position of not having a job, because they don't want one, are what is referenced. Not all blacks act like they are owed something. Some do succeed, but those tend to get a nasty label from the majority of the black community. Pro athletes? Gee, how did they ever manage, being so "kept down" by the white man? No, they took skills they had and made good careers out of them. They worked hard to get there. They aren't asking for special treatment.

Ghetto schools are "hell holes", you say. Well, sure, a lot of them are. The question is WHY. It isn't because they didn't have any teachers, or materials. They get the same funding as any other public school. They are the way they are because the students make them that way. Gang activity, drug dealing, fighting, etc., do not make for a good learning environment. Gangs are fed by kids that need a place to belong, because they aren't getting what they need at home. Single working parents, with no time to be there for the kids, struggling moms (and statistics show that is a huge problem in many black communities) that don't have time to be there, and so forth. The ONLY way to fix that is to change the families. Two parents, proper supervision, and zero tolerance for gangs, drugs, and crime. Unless the majority of the black community strives to fix what is broken, nothing will get better. ANY community with unattended children develops issues. That isn't a racial thing. Bill Cosby talked about this sort of thing, and seemed to make a lot of sense, and a lot of people got really angry with him.

Instead of a blame game, or penalizing kids that aren't getting into trouble because one group is getting into trouble, would it not be better to look for the root causes of the problems? Slavery isn't one of those causes. That's a distraction, and is being used as an "issue" to keep an entire segment of the population under control. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

This was in the mid 2000's. I'm 20.

I"M IMPRESSED! I don't often agree with you, but you are, most definitely, wise beyond your years!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I am trying to talk about the thread and you keep saying how bad it used to be..I am saying making EO's for a class of citizens over another is just as bad as those old laws you are complaining about...wow.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScRuFFy63

Originally posted by Kashai
Here is the bottom line....based upon the Human Genome project there is no rational reason to consider. That based upon the fact that one is black, white , yellow or brown, there is a difference between us. Given there is an environmental reason for there to be green, orange, blue or even pink people with purple spots...there would still be no difference between them and us. Race, creed or for that matter color make no difference whatsoever, to our ability to function in society.....

Their literally must b some other excuse...

Any thoughts?

There are other reasons that people are not willing even entertain yet. I mean to say that if the black race is doing "bad" that is in essence saying that other races are doing "good". Yet if that was true the world would be a better place. Fact is, we are doing bad as Earthlings. Of course my argument is not clean cut. But people aren't digging deep enough. Threads like these are attacking a superficial problem on a superficial level.
edit on 29-7-2012 by ScRuFFy63 because: grammar
[/quote]

Based upon the Human Genome Project, race and/or color is completely irrelevant to behavior or intelligence.

In which case I would agree, this thread is all about superficial issues...It is racsim to suggest otherwise...

Any thoughts?
edit on 29-7-2012 by Kashai because: Changes to quotations

edit on 29-7-2012 by Kashai because: same as above

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

Remembering the past so it doesn't happen again is one thing...wallowing in being a victim and not helping yourself is another...nice try at the trolling.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Kashai

i guess i'm not following your point as we agree.
i did not indicate or suggest such differences were genetic, ever.

DNA is the basis for what we are as a whole, the rest of the cell works to maintain, its individual structure.

Any thoughts?
it would be wise for you to offer more than patronizing commentary.
DNA is not the basis for what we are as a whole or are you discounting the soul ??

DNA doesn't even differentiate or identify all physical/mental disabilities.
DNA doesn't provide blood types.
DNA doesn't provide a LOT of things that make us the humans we are.

don't be so narrow-minded. isn't that what got us here in the first place ??

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
You dont know what it feels like to be one of the only white kids in an all minority school. I remember the Donna St Crips walkin around our school yard fence everyday while I was out on recess. White kid such as myself had to adapt, it was that simple. Yea I got messed with, but not for long. I stood up for myself countless times during that period. On top of it, I stayed in school eventhough I hated a lot of it, and I did what I had to do to NOT become a loser. Many others chose a different route.They decided school and work wasnt as important as slangin rocks.

I know what it's like. I was there for all the ridiculous "bussing" in the late 60's/early 70's in the South. My 6'th grade class, before my dad changed jobs and we relocated, there were 4-5 white kids in the entire grade level. Yes, there was a lot of nasty racial crap, and it wasn't from us. Just before we moved, the school rearranged the classes, to place us all together, in a futile attempt to alleviate the problem. The grade before that wasn't a lot better. Still stayed in school. It wasn't like it is today, with all of the gangs, though. Would say you definitely had things a lot rougher.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

i guess i'm not following your point as we agree.
i did not indicate or suggest such differences were genetic, ever.

DNA is the basis for what we are as a whole, the rest of the cell works to maintain, its individual structure.

Any thoughts?
it would be wise for you to offer more than patronizing commentary.
DNA is not the basis for what we are as a whole or are you discounting the soul ??

DNA doesn't even differentiate or identify all physical/mental disabilities.
DNA doesn't provide blood types.
DNA doesn't provide a LOT of things that make us the humans we are.

don't be so narrow-minded. isn't that what got us here in the first place ??

Color has nothing to do with us a a whole, that has been estabished by the human genome project...get over it...

As far as blood types, phisical/mental disabilties it makes no difference.....humans exposed to similar enviromental condtions suffer from the same problems....again get over it...

Any thoughts?

edit on 29-7-2012 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by Kashai because: removed content

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Enough with the DNA stuff...you are new here so I will give you a little advice...please stick to the topic or your posts will be banned, you can find other threads that will be better suited to your scientific research...thank you!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Black children are more likely to live in poverty, come from broken homes, and live in a home without a father, the real factors that cause poor socialization and criminal conduct.

However, by concentrating only on black children, it becomes a racial thing. It becomes very easy to simply say that whites and Latinos live in these conditions, too, and if black children are the only ones having these problems in large numbers, then it must be a black problem.

What I'm saying is that this is a bad idea because, in trying to help, he's actually harming; it is easy cannon fodder for racist bigots.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Honor93

All you keep doing is denying history. You asked me how this country had a white supremacist basis and I provided you tons of information on it. There was a civil rights movement for a reason. All you keep coming back with is "Nope". You're being willingly ignorant.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
this is disingenous at best.
you made the silly and false statement, i asked for proof ... of which, you still haven't provided.

slavery in no way exemplifies your statement of ... "this country is routed in white supremacy" [paraphrased]

yeah, there was a civil rights movement because another not so white guy tried to con the system and failed so miserably that 2 more generations suffered for his error (see Homer Plessy)

i don't believe i've used "Nope" once but you keep thinkin' it.

You're being willingly ignorant
well, if i'm rubber and you're glue
, what does that say about you ??

ETA: why are you withholding which northern state educated you ?? i asked some time ago.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Obama come up with a lot of dumb and childish thing but this is WRONG and he is a RACIST (not that its a bad thing in general)

In general, racism is a bad thing. Just sayin

Lets face it though, blacks and latino kids are far more trouble than whites and Chinese. Obama just doesnt want his fellow black criminals to be punished anymore for their behavior.

Really helpin the cause!
Thank you and Bravo!

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The fact is this was a white founded country
and this is the understanding held by sooooo many that is simply false.

IF it's true, how did we have 4 colonies with "freemen" of all colors when the colonies first unionized before the Constitution ??

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
reply to post by Honor93

Is the Prez racist? I really don't know. Is he hyper-political? Definitely. Considering the problems with AA unemployment and the anticipated fall in AA voter turnout, he's gonna need to pander as much as he can. Some politicians make empty promises(O. obviously included) on the campaign trail but he seems to be taking a liking to Executive Orders. Just has a nice ring to it, Executive Order
i guess power-hungry fruitcakes might think it has a nice ring to it but all i hear are lamb to the slaughter.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I don't think it's throwing money at the problem...I think it is removing some of the problem that is sucking money up and taking from education.....UNIONS!

Without union reform and changing the way we hire and fire teachers...nothing is going to change.

It's entitlement living all around.
Ok, Unions of teachers need review for sure, BUT.

Aren't the teachers of the more "successful" schools also in the Union?

Sure they are, but the point of the vouchers is simple. If tax money is going to the schools, then a good voucher system means the parents decide which schools receive that money. If the school is failing, they stand to lose funds. Successful schools gain funds. This means those failing schools have real incentive to fix the problems. This means the parents have a real say in their childrens' education. Those that can't afford a private school, or can't home school, can choose a better school. That isn't throwing more money at the problem; it's simply giving parents control over where the money goes.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Kashai

Enough with the DNA stuff...you are new here so I will give you a little advice...please stick to the topic or your posts will be banned, you can find other threads that will be better suited to your scientific research...thank you!

I presented a link which makes obvious that race has nothing to do with the human condition. Are you suggesting I should be banned for pointing out that treating color as a factor in behavior is irrelevant!!!.

The topic suggest that people should be treated differently because of there race....that is a bunch of baloney.

There is no justification whatsoever for such a response.....perhaps you should be banned for not having the obvious common sense to take that into consideration????

Any thoughts?

PS: Just to be clear I am not new here....
edit on 29-7-2012 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I am talking about when the Puritans came here to escape religious persecution from England, and the founders who then wrote the Constitution were white....but it was not a white "supremacist" society......don't know why you are calling me out...I have been on your side the whole time. I said the whole slave mess came along later and we were for from the first or only society to have slaves.

I am just sick of him saying "supremacist" society. What a crock.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

as i offered RealSpoke ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
you will find mucho info with links, especially concerning the traitor Lincoln, SOURCE documents and limited opinion pieces to shed some light your way should you be interested. clearly RS isn't interested in truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The topic of the thread is the president's executive order not the effect of DNA on racism...and I said your posts will be banned not YOU. Banned as OFF TOPIC.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join