It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Perhaps then you should read more...

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage www.nowpublic.com...

www.nowpublic.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Racism still clearly exists. I think threads like these kinda prove that. I'm saddened to see so many posters posting such superficial posts. If racism didn't exist then threads like this would go in a different direction. If all people were ready for "more" and understood the world around them they would know and understand why blacks feel as if they are treated unfairly. If one person can be affected by their past why wouldn't a race be affected by theirs. What if we all of a sudden had the capacity to give out for free everything people want? What would happen to cultures then? How much would the crime rate drop?

Imagine a world without status indicators. A world where there is no such thing as better. I so desperately want the world to be ready for minds like Jesus, Muhammad, Tesla etc. But we're not even close. That hurts.

edit*
As usual, my words continue to fall on deaf ears... Why bother?
edit on 29-7-2012 by ScRuFFy63 because: I'm sincerely tire of trying to help. People have to want it first.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

i did read your post and specifying state rules regarding slavery does NOTHING to prove your comment from earlier.

yep ... PA was one of the few free states to join the union.
in case you forgot, the Majority of states were slave states.

no, slavery was a labor industry, not a PA state mandate.
in some states that preferenced slavery, it became state mandate.

you can twist it any way you like but the truth is the truth.

freemen (of all colors) in PA, held slaves but PA was not a "slave-state".
there are extreme differences but it doesn't surprise me that your education glossed over them.

good, at least we agree on the legislation.
brush up on your history and you'll find we agree on much more.
[any source other than wiki would be a good place to start]

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.nowpublic.com...

A "racist" is "a person, organization or institution continuing to believe in, advocate, perpetuate or passively accept the proposition that there are separate 'races' among the human species, in spite of all of the well-known Human Genome Project evidence that separate human "races" do not exist. Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage www.nowpublic.com...

I'll be the first to admit I had never heard this before, KASHAI. Definitely "new thread material"

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: content

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

Extremely fascinating from my perspective....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Imagine how popular he would be if it was "Obama backs SPACE-Based school discipline policies"

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

i guess i'm not following your point as we agree.
i did not indicate or suggest such differences were genetic, ever.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Yeah, I flubbed that first reply. Got it edited now

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
www.nowpublic.com...

A "racist" is "a person, organization or institution continuing to believe in, advocate, perpetuate or passively accept the proposition that there are separate 'races' among the human species, in spite of all of the well-known Human Genome Project evidence that separate human "races" do not exist. Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Human Genome Project Announces That "Race" Does Not Exist | NowPublic News Coverage www.nowpublic.com...

I'll be the first to admit I had never heard this before, KASHAI. Definitely "new thread material"

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: content
glad this is news for some ... now, would someone advise our instigator in chief ??
or are we supposed to believe that Obama is not racist ??
or promoting/developing race-based policies ??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

How do you erase the social and economical problems facing the African American community?

I don't know.

To me, there is a blatant glorification of promiscuity, immorality, and criminality.....how to you combat something like that?

There glorification of that if you turn on the TV and watch most movies. I wouldn't say it is a black thing..it just comes in different forms. Just look at all the mob shows and movies.

This culture seems to embedding itself deeper and deeper into the black community every generation.

You're just speaking on ghetto culture. The whites, latinos, arabs and all other races that live there tend to act the same way. It's just that the majority of blacks live there. Suburban and rich blacks do not have these problems.

The main issue is, that you have all these ghetto people and that is all they know. Every single day there are multiple fights at school, people selling drugs, people robbing you. I was robbed by an arab.
I didn't know any other type of life, I thought it was normal. I never was outside of the ghetto for any extended period of time. Then I moved to the suburbs in my mid teens and it was like going to another country. It sounds so ridiculous, but it is true.

Everything wasn't beat up and ugly, there wasn't drug dealers on the corner, no one ever really fought, I didn't have to guard my electronics at school. Everyone actually had a mom and a dad. Teachers actually made you do work, there were actual punishments. Every third house wasn't boarded up. People weren't made into sociopaths by their environment. I didn't have to worry about getting shot or hear gunshots every night.

It took me a couple years to realize that this was an actual reality. A lot of people will never get that chance.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Kashai

i guess i'm not following your point as we agree.
i did not indicate or suggest such differences were genetic, ever.

DNA is the basis for what we are as a whole, the rest of the cell works to maintain, its individual structure.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

All you keep doing is denying history. You asked me how this country had a white supremacist basis and I provided you tons of information on it. There was a civil rights movement for a reason. All you keep coming back with is "Nope". You're being willingly ignorant.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think you are just using the wrong ie: inflammatory words to describe the discovery and founding of our country.

When I say discovery I mean by outsiders, realizing Native Americans were already here.

The fact of history is that white people founded this country, we fought other whites, native americans and the spanish through our history and we triumphed.

Those founders brought AAs here as slaves, said slaves were then freed and after a long battle given the same rights as the whites who founded the country.

The fact is this was a white founded country, nothing racist about that. The slavery and all that followed had nothing to do with the white founders, they didn't do it with the intention of it only being a white community.

It is just the wording you are using which is skewing the meaning and inciting.

It just so happens the Puritans and those that followed from England were white, not from Africa.
edit on 28-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Is the Prez racist? I really don't know. Is he hyper-political? Definitely. Considering the problems with AA unemployment and the anticipated fall in AA voter turnout, he's gonna need to pander as much as he can. Some politicians make empty promises(O. obviously included) on the campaign trail but he seems to be taking a liking to Executive Orders. Just has a nice ring to it, Executive Order

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I know white people "founded" the country. And over time came laws that discriminated against free blacks and slaves, as well with Native Americans. Whites were thought to be more human, even if they were indentured servants themselves. What is so wrong about admitting that? Why is that offensive? It is just history.

After slavery there were Jim Crowe laws, institutionalized racism was seen as normal.

It is so weird that white people get so offended over this.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

From what I know, you are correct sir. I may be mistaken but I think I remember reading somewhere that Abraham Lincoln actually subscribed to this. I'll start looking for a link to confirm/debunk that

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

I've discussed some pre-civil war laws in these posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Here we go. Quote attributed to Lincoln during the Lincoln-Douglass debates of 1858:

I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.

www.ihr.org...

Definitely check out that link. Interesting paper
Edit: Its worth noting this was said pre civil war and his views could have "evolved"(to use the parlence of our times)

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

But that doesn't mean America was founded as a White supremacist nation like you are saying that is an outright lie.

How do you describe blacks that have other blacks as slaves? Egyptians that had Jews as slaves?

I don't think they were "supremacists" the way you are using it...it is a case of the stronger one, or the one with more money or more tools, buying or ruling another.

I don't think a black slave owner would be a supremacist over another black...they are the same race.

Anyway...I just don't like it being used to say that's how or why or country was formed because you know that is wrong. Far from the truth. The original people to come here were escaping persecution themselves and did not have slaves.

Lastly, like another poster said...most of the AAs here now do not have slave ancestors, they working from a clean slate. Most of the white citizens now did not have slave owner ancestors, it's a clean slate. My family came here in 1910 from Ireland and Italy..so what did I do? Do you know how badly the Irish were treated at that time in the US..but it was still better than starving in Ireland.

We and our children should not have it harder so you can have it easier...it should be level for all and everyone work to the best of their ability.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

I am surprised how many people don't realize slavery was not the purpose of the civil war, it just turned out that way in the end.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join