It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

“African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order, titled “White House Initiative On

So basically, whites and Asians will get disciplined for things black kids will get a pass on now because of their skin color. How in the world can anyone support this racist A-hole? HOW???

Because of those causes, the report suggests, “over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects.”

“What this means is that whites and Asians will get suspended for things that blacks don’t get suspended for,” because school officials will try to level punishments despite groups’ different infraction rates, predicted Hans Bader, a counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Bader is a former official in the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, and has sued and represented school districts and colleges in civil-rights cases.

“It is too bad that the president has chosen to set up a new bureaucracy with a focus on one particular racial group, to the exclusion of all others,” said Roger Clegg, the president of the Center for Equal Opportunity.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So I guess we're going to pick random white people to send to prison to balance things out then?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

Is this because "discipline rates" are disproportionately high with non-whites (much like crime rates)?

Plus who are they trying to appease when they tabulate data on discipline rates and show it?

+50 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I have never been one to descriminate based off of anything other than personal actions. Having said that, all my life I have seen others get treated differently based on everything but. I have nnever been in any trouble at all EVER. The worst thing I ever did was get my dl suspended for speeding tickets, and 1 driving while suspended. This was back in my teens and very early 20s, I am 34 now.what is the point of following the rules personally when others get a pass because their backwards coulture makes them more prone to do illegal acts? I am white, I have never been prejudiced because of race or religion.

However in light of the facts that if your black you get any number special treatments and hand outs I can't have because I am white, I am reconsidering my personally held beliefs in equality. I mean what is the point of being the last honest nonracially motivated man on earth? If I see one more minority get preferential treatment based off of race I am going to start my own white race group, so as to guarantee that we also get a piece of the pie.

Before any of you start with your crap about " whtes get everything handed to them just because they are white" I call BS. I have never gotten ahead once in my life, I have never gotten anything at even a discounted price based on being white. I have however seen thousands of blacks play the race card because they weren't pndered to because they are black.

If whites and blacks are really equally inteligent, then why the need to pull all this crap to stop them failing in the "white mans world" I mean look around, illegal mexicans that can't even speak english seem to get on just fine, and that it is at less than minimum wage that blacks and whites are getting. I have worked along side people from all over. Africans from rwanda, ethiopia,and niger. Blacks haiti and jamaica. The only thing they share in common with their American cousins is that they have black skin. They all just seemed to want to work and feed their families.

This isn't even counting the peoples of middle eastern decent, which for the most part all seem to be like me, just trying to feed their kids. Also I have worked with many different asian peoples. Japanese, chinese, koreans, vietnamies, and tai. None of them seem to havve this problem either.

It is for all intents and purposes, exclusively an American black problem. I don't know what their problem is, I can't fix it either. They have to want to live differently or they never will.

Maybe if blacks would teach their kids values and personal responsibility, instead of glorifying criminals and gangsters they wouldn't be at the bottom of the barrel. Oh ya that's right I forgot, they would havve to actually be around their kids instead of in jail, or gangbanging, or slining rocks to teach their kids anything.

Once again it isn't blacks in general, it is however American blacks that need to get some act right. Get over yourselves. " boo hoo hoo, but you weren't slaves you don't know what it is like." Well genius neither were you. All you. Know is it is a crutch you keep using to beat the horse that's been dead longer than I have been alive.

Oh BTW I am from an irish family that immigrated here during the potato famine, I think I know plenty well what discrimination looks like. So save you crybaby crap for your probie, criminal.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
America for the first time in its slavery ridden history finally has to face up to what she has done. What you are witnessing today is the legacy of slavery and its coming time to acknowledge that the "Piper must be paid" and paying the piper is exactly what is happening. The American people ELECTED Obama so that this could come about because a WHITE government would never have accomplished it and the American voting public was well aware of that fact.

The legacy of slavery is very broad and very deep............its still within the psyche of American blacks to this very day, but more importantly its still within the psyche of American whites. This is a major reason why black Americans ‘seem to be’ so "unfortunate" or make up the major portion of the under class culture in America. Just look around in your cities and you will see the major aspects of SLAVERY manifesting itself everywhere - in crime - in poor housing - poor education and the list goes on and on...........and the WHITES are directly responsible because THEY THEMSELVES have also inherited the evil legacy of SLAVERY.............Its PAYBACK TIME like it or not.

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

+67 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

You had no choice in being born what you are. What you're advocating is racism. Just because you hate your skin and feel guilty for being born that way, doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer for it. I really don't even know what to say to such a slavish, self hating person like you.

You're ignorant, plain and simple.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Well then where is my ( irish peoples hand out for what they did to us? Or does it not count because we are white?) Or the NAtive Americans, where's their justice? How about the jews who have been slaves, hated throughout all history and still to this day? Or how about the poor chinese? At least slaves were valued as they were property. The irish, the indians and the chinese weren't property that someone paid for so their lives were forfeit for a penny of profit. I don't hear your bleeding heart crying out for any of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Look at all those stars already

Great work Vitruvian.......its about time somebody had the balls to face up to the reality of the way people of color have been so MAL - treated and abused in America.............. We owe them - so REPARATIONS ARE IN ORDER TOO - bigtime
Watch and see - but it'll come about as a result of UNITED NATIONS actions and not on the part of the government.............Otherwise it'll come to a civil war that'll make the war between the states look like a muffin march - a cake walk.............[
edit on 28-7-2012 by de_Genova because: wrong way harrigan

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In order to settle this we really must go back to the beginning. Africans were here first. Whites were created from blacks. So the burden of responsibility for all of this falls on the blacks. So I think they owe us all restitution for all of the pain, suffering and abuse we have all gone through.

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? It ALL sounds stupid. That's because it is.

The real enemy? The dividers. Those who benefit and thrive off of the rift they create between me and my fellow man. Me and my black and asian and latin and european (etc) brothers.

Obama is a deceiver of monstrous proportion. He claims to be a great unifier but his actions betray him. Obama doesn't want us to love our brothers. He, and those like him, and those who support him will continue to seperate us into groups to keep the hate they need, alive. Just listen to Reverand Wright to understand Obama's views. We will never be allowed to be one, truely equal people as long as the dividers, like Obama, are given the authority to rule us.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What a load of white-guilt bunk.

From the OP source -

African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order, titled “White House Initiative On

What has any of that got to do with punishing bad behavior? Are they saying that a student should get a free pass for bad behavior if they are in a poor city school? It's okay to be bad if you are black and in a poor school??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Good....good... let the hate flow through you.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Since when do they even discipline kids in school any more? Here in Michigan, they paddled kids in school up to about the mid-70's.

Personally I've gotten the paddle from my grade school principal, gym instructor, and many times from my bible quoting southern baptist 5th grade teacher who even once grabbed a nearby board to paddle me with. I learned how to keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself around that guy. Come to think of it I was bullied all the time in elementary too, even the playground supervisor had it in for me.

Anyhow, they didn't have any black kids to discipline in my grade school, so that spread out the punishment in a racially even manner.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
~
edit on 28-7-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think it comes down to the imaginary concept of "equality" being paired with the reality that it is easier to destroy rather than to create.

Fools want everything and everyone to be "equal." The best approach is to beat everyone and everything down to the lowest common denominator.

You cant make everyone a genius but you can make all the geniuses dumb. You cant make everyone behave themselves but you can make all the well-behaved into felons. You can't make all the poor wealthy but you can make all the wealthy poor.

Vonneguts Harrison Bergeron.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You know what happens when a kid falls back in boot camp? - the drill instructer punishes everybody else.

Not only that- But they have takin it to an extreme no instructer would ever do- turn it into bs political race baiting- and do it with permission from the very top.

You want kids to do well, you teach them to do good in life and not act like an ahole. I never seen a teacher when I was in school(back when) sit there and tell them none of them had a chance. I was in a majorly diverse hs btw. There was community, there is none of that anymore. It has now turned into thou' shall hate and spy on thy neighbor.

Why in the world are people blind to this? Its all BS, all of it. Keep eating your popcorn though. Cheer on your team, eventhough you are still getting just as screwed as the rest of us-some just dont see it or refuse to see it.
They then turn around, and make it into some Political theatre. Ruining peoples lives so they can be loved by a certain few and live like pricks.

Everyone who makes race an issue- cleary has a problem with it.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So folks act up in school and commit crimes because their great, great, great grand parents were slaves eh? What a bunch of hog wash. I would be willing to bet that that lots of folks claiming slave relatives would be sadly disappointed if their heritage were investigated. Not every black person comes from people who were slaves. Many blacks emigrated here after the slaves were freed. More blacks were borne of parents who lived in the north and were not slaves. People who think that just because you are black that you have a heritage of slavery need to think a little more critically. People who think that having a slave heritage is an excuse for criminal behavior today also need to think a little more critically.
edit on 7-28-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think this illustrates the Liberation Theology model pretty well. Create "fairness" by treating groups of people differently. I was always under the impression that fairness was a product of everyone being treated the same. Social justice is not equal justice

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Good points. This reduction down into a pie chart would explain why the media (or everyone for that matter) panders to the lowest common denominator. This explains many things, thanks for blinking my light blub (which is incandescent by the way).

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

My point though was that the malevolent legacy of slavery and all that it entails is an inherited thing - to the conscious psyche - as well as to the unconscious mind - the genes - the DNA - the bloodline itself - all that..............please don't think those things don't matter - they do!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join