It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 year old paintings of 'Aliens'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

The oldest cave sites are 40,000 years old. Most of them range between 20,000-30,000 years old. I'd forgotten about the ones that go back to 40,000 years ago so sorry about that. None the less, They are 40,000 years old. And I doubt the artist's intentions would last that long, especially orally kept.

I don't doubt their abilities. They are human beings. But I do doubt their cultural abilities. And yes, some cultures are better than others. I posted a source a few posts back. They didn't even know sex is what causes pregnancy. I'm sorry, but all that makes them is really good story tellers. Not good record keepers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This may clarify some things regarding the age of art and the human ability to conceptualize such:

World's Oldest cave art found

At more than 40,800 years old, "this is currently Europe's oldest dated art by at least 4,000 years," said the study's lead author Alistair Pike, an archaeologist at the University of Bristol in the U.K.

Thus, 50k years old or older is pretty much out no matter what some tribal elders, shamans, or other strictly oral historians might say.

Commonly, most petroglyph art dates around 30,000-35,000 years.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

What are these 'signs' you are talking about? Yes I know about the usage of signage in public places that promoted segregation, but I'm sure there aren't places like that now. Are you referring to the 'no trespassing signs' on the edges of certain sacred land spots that are now legally owned by Aboriginals? Well, how would you like someone coming onto your property uninvited, trashing up your sacred place?? I'm pretty sure trespassing is illegal no matter who you are. You can get permission from elders to go onto the land, to appreciate it's history and culture if you would like to. Otherwise, it's trespassing, plain and simple.

If you want to call them "no trespassing signs" and class 100's of 1000's of square kms of land "certain sacred land spots" ok but I have a diff view of them.

It's not plain & simple either and no you can't just ask for permission and get it.
A sacred place is fine but entire sections of the country is anything but fine to me.

Try putting up a no trespassing sign that contains only people of Anglo Saxon decent can come here & see how long you last, better still exclude all blacks from southern England & see what type of international backlash comes your way.

Not simple, not fine.

No hate to indig either just to crap laws.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
*** KNOCK IT OFF ***

Posting Bans are next.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
The Dreamtime Story of "The Quinkins" could also be interprated as Alien Races.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

I remember this book from when I was a kid - damn thing gave me nightmares for weeks!

Seeing it again 30 years later gave me goosebumps! Thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I really don't get the pea-brained thinking in here. I understand why you may be on the fence, but to say that they aren't out there with 100% certainty...c'mon.

1. If you believe in God with all of your faith and all of your life, whom you've never seen, spoken to you, and rely on an old book for the principle of your beliefs- yet in the same breath you proclaim with 100% accuracy that there are not, and cannot be, another species out there on another planet, you're a fool.

2. If you think that everyone else is wrong, but your God is the right one and "real", you're just an arrogant fool.

3. If you think that one of the certainties in life is that you can risk your livelihood on the proclamation that we're alone in this world, yet you believe the idiot weather guy when he says it's gonna be nothin' but sunshine 'cuz there's only 10% chance of rain- then you find yourself sopping wet 'cuz you didn't bring an umbrella, then you should rethink everything you know about yourself.

There's a lot about this planet that we don't know, let alone the world? Get over yourselves. Let me tell you how it ends: you're not that important. You never were. Now stop presuming to be otherwise.

edit on 26-8-2012 by ImJustVisiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Thank you for posting!

Credible mention

Although I do think this thread would have served a better purpose in the ancient civ forums

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
hindu pictures and vedas scriptures are harder to explain away than these aboriginal paintings.

vimanas. sci-fi weapons. atomic wars. pictures of flying machines. descriptions of propulsion systems for the vimanas.

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata: “…a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendor… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols …it was an unknown weapon, An iron thunderbolt, A gigantic messenger of death, Which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned As to be unrecognisable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected …to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.”

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mecrcury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth.

from a babylonian text:

he Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously:
"The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives."

edit on 2-2-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

stormbringer1701
hindu pictures and vedas scriptures are harder to explain away than these aboriginal paintings.

vimanas. sci-fi weapons. atomic wars. pictures of flying machines. descriptions of propulsion systems for the vimanas.

Consider these verses from the ancient Mahabharata: “…a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendor… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols …it was an unknown weapon, An iron thunderbolt, A gigantic messenger of death, Which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned As to be unrecognisable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected …to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.”

Why consider words that don't even appear in the text of the Mahabharata?

The text quote above was created by David Hatcher Childress. link

stormbringer1701

Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mecrcury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth.

From the Samarangana Sutradhara, written within a decade or two after 1,000 C.E.
Yet not a trace of this technology, which the book certainly indicates was being manufactured by Hindus during that time, exists today, nor is any mention made of it by any ancient travelers to India.

stormbringer1701
from a babylonian text:

the Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously:
"The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives."

As far as I have ever been able to determine over the years since I first saw this claim, no Babylonian text ever found contains these words. Nor have I ever been able to determine whether "Hakathaa" is even a legitimate Akkadian word.
Since there is no listing for this word in the ECTSL, I believe it is a fabrication.

BTW, you're supposed to us "ex" tags when quoting from sources here, not "quote" tags.
Additionally, you're supposed to link to the text you pasted in, otherwise you are a plagiarist.

Harte
edit on 2/2/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

No offense, but are you delusional? Serious question.

The reason I say this is because the American Indians and most of these tribes tribes SAY themselves what they are. There is no debating, there is no speculating. Basically you are calling them liars, who the hell are you to make such an accusation? So please tell me, how could you possibly be certain about something like this without coming off as delusional? You can't, so don't say such stupid things.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but to say you are certain? That's insanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Harte

BTW, you're supposed to us "ex" tags when quoting from sources here, not "quote" tags.
Additionally, you're supposed to link to the text you pasted in, otherwise you are a plagiarist.

actually; i think only a person living in a skinner box their entire life would think that's plagiarism. firstly its of fair use length. secondly it's in quote boxes to differentiate it from my own text. thirdly my own text typically has missing capitalization, grammatical errors and punctuation omissions that the quoted texts always lack. anyone who would mistake it for carefully edited text in citations is a few cans short of a six pack. your accusation of plagiarism is specious. to atone you may bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it. and this reply contains two lines that in fact really are plagiarism.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

stormbringer1701

Harte

actually; i think only a person living in a skinner box their entire life would think that's plagiarism. firstly its of fair use length. secondly it's in quote boxes to differentiate it from my own text. thirdly my own text typically has missing capitalization, grammatical errors and punctuation omissions that the quoted texts always lack. anyone who would mistake it for carefully edited text in citations is a few cans short of a six pack. your accusation of plagiarism is specious. to atone you may bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it. and this reply contains two lines that in fact really are plagiarism.

If you do not provide a link to the source of the quotation, it is plagiarism. This thread is two years old. What's up with all this thread necromancy of late?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

DJW001

If you do not provide a link to the source of the quotation, it is plagiarism. This thread is two years old. What's up with all this thread necromancy of late?

I dunno i didn't do it. i generally scan recent posts and new topics. so someone posted here before me. mind you i will necro a thread i am interested in if i don't notice it's old but i haven't went through old threads except when searching for a specific topic. one example is the Lazar debunking thread i got into. that one triggered a necro because recently some real scientists published something extremely relevant to Lazars physics claims. something that seems to be strong support. most places allow necroing if the information warrants it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

stormbringer1701

Harte

LOL.

I agree with you, just citing the rules.

Harte

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Now im going to tell the truth here about these alien cave painting to share some insight of what really going on. The Truth might seem boring for most of you but for someone of me who knows what happened im going to tell you. Aliens dosent exist, just in the mind of the "shamans" who suffered from schizophrenia. The orgins of schizophrenia is psychological and requies a emotionel seperation from the mother during the first 18 months of life and a later emotionel seperation from another important person to activate the psychosis. If the emotional seperation from the mother is during the months 12 to 14 the delusion is that aliens are talking to you in your head, and saying that you can bring one woman, perhaps the emotionel seperation from the other person, to their planet, as long as you praying to them first in different ways, as a logical man ones said "as long as mammals as populated the earth seperation from the mother has meant death" or in this case delusions and voices. so here is the truth about the cave painting and I hoped I could bring some light in the subject.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thisisjustafight

...or they saw aliens.

Nice resurrection of a 2 year old thread :-)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join