It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran is to make nuclear ship fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Tehran is to make nuclear ship fuel

www.google.com

argued however that Western sanctions may force Iran to use new sources of fuel for big vessels during long voyages. Officials say some countries refuse to refuel Iranian ships because of the sanctions.

It said Iran should enrich to 60 percent, much closer to weapons-grade than Tehran's current program.

"To reach nuclear propulsion, the country's nuclear industry inevitably has to upgrade the level of nuclear enrichment to the average level needed for new marine reactors, and that will be 50 to 60 percent," Mashreghnews.ir said.

The website said this will be an "effective step to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
oh God they are going to enrich at least 60% fuel. that is a bad news for 5+1. since history shows that they have reached whatever they want.
THE INTERESTING POINT IS THAT THE SANCTIONS HAVE MADE THEM THINK THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE NUCLEAR POWERED OIL TANKERS !
of course they have no obstacle unless the pessimism of west. because they are under NPT and they claim that even NPT should help them to enrich for their needs!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
just found this gotta love it
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONEDESTROYA
just found this gotta love it
www.youtube.com...

well the problem is that I can not remember that 5+1 really be inclined to negotiate or has a real deal with Iran to end this agenda. I think they do not want to end this. it is a good issue for their propaganda. they are just encouraging Iran to boost up it's enrichment!
why do not they want to bomb north Korea !

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Messageforhumanity

yeah, please be on topic !
edit on 28-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

Forget the large vessels.

I think Iran has been enriching uranium to over 20% for quite some time now anticipating use for their own nuclear submarines (provided most likely by Russia) to sit in the Strait or off the coast of Gaza.

From my understanding, some of these submarines can stay submerged for up to 4 months at a time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by maes9

Forget the large vessels.

I think Iran has been enriching uranium to over 20% for quite some time now anticipating use for their own nuclear submarines (provided most likely by Russia) to sit in the Strait or off the coast of Gaza.

From my understanding, some of these submarines can stay submerged for up to 4 months at a time.

It is odd, I can not believe Russia easily gives such technology to Iran or any country, however it is not impossible !

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
T^he whole gist of this new plan for tankers with nucear power, IS TO RAISE THE ENRICHMENT LEVEL INCREMENTALY!
Its tthe old boil the frog trick.....a little at a time and well
Everbody knows if you keep goingh a little at a time, the first thinf ya know there you are......not much comes after ship fuel but bomb fuel....are we willing to chance they havent got plans for taking it up to 90 ???
These baby steps are gatting bigger every time....i am changing my ambivalence to the claim they are enriching for weapons grade....I now think it very likewely they are....and nothing will stop them either...even war wont shut them down now....
The us has to penetrate hundreds of feet of granite with their 30,000lb monster bomb, and i dont think it will......
Iran is good as got weapong grade if they want to make it.......

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

suppose that they make a nuclear bomb what is the use of that. can they pour that on Israel. then Hesbullah and Hammas will get ruined as well.
and the contamination will return to Iran as well. of course if it can survive from the hundreds ones of Israel. let alone other countries out of NPT.
for example can north korea nuclear bomb the south Korea ! then both of then will get ruined !
or can India nuclear bomb Pakistan, or inverse !
I can not find what the hell these bombs can do. just a risk to maintain them ! existence of such bombs shows that the international organizations are very very weak and unreliable.

new topics

top topics

join