It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Obama killed Anwar Al Awlaki who was an American citizen (no matter what he has done, he is supposed to be given a fair trial). Al Awaki was killed by a drone strike in Yemen. So if he can kill American citizens in Yemen, why not Canada, Brazil, The Bahamas? He also had Samir Kahn who was from North Carolina (an alleged al Qaeda propagandist) killed.

THEN Al Awlaki's innocent teenage son was killed in a separate strike. Here is a picture of him:
Pretty intimidating huh?

It is also noted that a 17 year old girl is also on Obama's kill list.
edit on 29-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Obama killed Tariq Aziz. A 16 year old boy.

Obama did?

Obama killed Anwar Al Awaki who was an American citizen (no matter what he has done, he is supposed to be given a fair trial). Al Awaki was killed by a drone strike in Yemen. So if he can kill American citizens in Yemen, why not Canada, Brazil, The Bahamas?

When did Obama kill these people? It was never in the news or anything.

THEN Al Awaki's innocent teenage son was killed in a separate strike.

It is also noted that a 17 year old girl is also on Obama's kill list.

Obama shoots at people from planes?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Yes ma'am.

These are people that were put on Obama's desk in big color pictures for his kill lists.
He made the order and drones killed them. If it was a a greedy wife using an assassin to kill her husband she'd be in jail.

Don't play ignorant. They would still be alive if Obama didn't specifically choose they be killed. They weren't accidental casualties of drone strikes. They were killed in countries we haven't declared war with in drone strikes sent for them specifically. Some were American citizens.[.

Some people will forever remain too dense to absorb that American's are being assassinated.

Presidential hopeful Ron Paul has publically attacked the Obama administration’s abolishment of due process in a new editorial, calling the move a turning point in American history.

Responding to Attorney General Eric Holder’s recent justification for the extrajudicial killings of three American citizens on foreign soil, Republican Party candidate Ron Paul has penned a scathing op-ed condemning the White House for circumventing the US Constitution. Earlier this month Holder spoke at Chicago’s Northwestern Law School to discuss last year’s execution of alleged terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki and two other US-born clerics in Yemen, a decision he says the White House still defends despite criticism from citizens and lawmakers alike.

Although both US President Barack Obama and the CIA signed off on the airstrike that killed the American citizens, Washington has been relatively quiet on the matter until Holder spoke earlier this month.

After Attorney General Holder justified the assassination of Americans,

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I guess playing politics is more important than reading and logic.
That is your choice.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

More important for you. Yes I agree. I am not playing poltics. I am stating well known facts, it is your choice and your choice alone to remain ignorant.

Those people would still be alive if it weren't for Obama signing a piece of paper ordering their deaths. Pretty simple logic I would say. Sorry if you are incapable of breaking it down into digestible bits.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

That is your choice.

You're the one that needs to take time to read what GogoVicMorrow posted. Obama ordered those people to be murdered, without trial.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yes. It was in the news, you would have to have read the news to see it though.

Washington Times
The New Yorker
The Daily Beast
NY Times
Huffington Post
Fox News
CNN

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Not as bad, but a house near here has a sign posted on the front porch reading:

Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Not as bad, but a house near here has a sign posted on the front porch reading:

Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again.

Now that's funny!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Well I gave you a star because I didn't know much of that before. I'm not sure his foreign policy is any worse than Bush, but I guess if he gets elected to a second term and we end up involved in a war with Iran, Syria, Russia and China by the end of it then it would be safe to say his foreign policy was worse than Bush, I think. Although I'm not sure how much of this is based off his intentions, I suppose he could always put more effort into stopping these kinds of things.

I'm surprised he's giving Israel bunker-busting weapons, I was under the impression that he wasn't particularly a supporter of Israel. It looks like the wars in Yemen and Pakistan are being fought exclusively by drones, so this means that there should be no American casualties.

Obama Ramps Up Covert War in Yemen

However, it does look like somewhat bad foreign policy I suppose. On the plus side, his wars seem to be more precise, effective and thought out than the ones waged by Bush.

But still, he is killing a lot of people without due process, which is a good point. Hopefully this kind of behavior with drones doesn't start happening on American soil.
edit on 29-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
does the billboard go too far??.....here on ATS, it's accepted as fact...c'mon everyone knows that whatever Obama does is wrong, and the congressional republicans are all truthful, crictical-thinking, patriots...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
This particular time, yes especially considering it's only been a week. Obama is a goof but so is the moran who did this.
RIP

Ha ha, you said moran! Does that make you a genius?

When insulting someone's intelligence, proper spelling is crucial.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We have sent our young men to die horrible deaths, protecting our right to freedom of speech (not necessarily in a recent war, I must admit). Now some of you want to dishonor them by suppressing that right? You paste stickers on your bumpers saying "I support our Troops". Are you lying to us, to yourselves or both?

Perhaps you also think we should shut down our military altogether, so that you don't sound like hypocrites? You will probably find it easier on yourselves to find another country to live in; one that shoots people for expressing themselves. That way you wont have to look at signs like this anymore...

This billboard is no different than the discussions going on right here on ATS in reference to the shootings. This administration (among others) has given birth to it's own public relations problems. Reap it; sow it!

Keep this in mind; were it not for freedom of speech you wouldn't know about the sign...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Awesome billboard and big balls to put that up. This is what Americans need to see. Dissent is the highest for of patriotism!

I guess killing innocent people is best done by governments, after ole' uncle Sam knows best.

The difference is when government commits murder its just a policy decision, on the other hand when a person does it its a moral decision.

The main thing to understand is that while we have an inherent right to defend ourselves against an individual making a bad moral decision, how can we defend against a bad policy decision?

edit on 29-7-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

More important for you. Yes I agree. I am not playing poltics. I am stating well known facts, it is your choice and your choice alone to remain ignorant.

No, you are playing politics and conflating two very different things.
I asked when Obama murdered these people and you cannot tell me when he did it.
I can tell you exactly who, when, and how the joker nutjob MURDERED his victims.

Those people would still be alive if it weren't for Obama signing a piece of paper ordering their deaths. Pretty simple logic I would say. Sorry if you are incapable of breaking it down into digestible bits.

Lots of people would still be alive if this and that. Fact is, Obama did not walk into a room full of innocent people and open fire on them.

I know you want that to be what he has done but he has not.
I know you also want to think Obama is the first president to be president during war time.

I get you want all this.
Too bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

That is your choice.

You're the one that needs to take time to read what GogoVicMorrow posted. Obama ordered those people to be murdered, without trial.

You need to read.
I asked who Obama MURDERED.
I never asked if anyone can give me some names of people Obama put on a list.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes. It was in the news, you would have to have read the news to see it though.

Washington Times
The New Yorker
The Daily Beast
NY Times
Huffington Post
Fox News
CNN

Are you doing this on purpose?
I went through all your links and found nothing.
Obama never murdered anyone in any of your links.

What I did find was that yet another president ordered the deaths of people involved in those conflicts. Him pulling any triggers...no.

You know this nutjob walked into a room full of people and just shot at them, right?
If you do not understand the differerence then get your ass in the military, get overseas and explain to everyone what is really going on. The war will end and everyone Obama puts on a list becomes some innocent kid you can cry Obama strangled with his bare hands.

Meanwhile back in reality.....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Obama is merely the enabler of the people who really desire to start and fight those wars.
Just like Bush was an enabler. They don't actually make the decisions, they have teams crunching all kinds of numbers.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Well I gave you a star because I didn't know much of that before. I'm not sure his foreign policy is any worse than Bush,

I guess this is where they are losing me.
Republicans thought their guy was a hero for sending our men and women to be blown up in the wrong country for over a decade all while killing off innocent people all over the place in that conflict.
Obama spends less time, money, resources, and American lives by specifically targeting individuals and he is the war criminal with blood all over his hands.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I only needed to read the title before I could answer this one..

Yes.

It's going too far, or to put it another way, it's in extremely bad taste.

Just imagine for a moment that it was your son or daughter or wife or mum who'd been killed only a week ago during the shooting... How would you feel? Would you be laughing and applauding the opposition for a jolly good wheeze or would you be utterly offended that a political party would exploit a terrible tragedy to take a cheap shot at Obama and cash in? I could never imagine voting for anyone who would do something like this.... Why vote for someone who has such little regard for the feelings and grief of those affected by a national tragedy? How are they better than Obama... If you think that they wouldn't cheerfully sign the death warrants for America's 'enemies' then look no further than that billboard for the evidence of their callous, exploitative attitude and total disregard for the feelings of the electorate....

I don't give a shiz who wins, I live in the uk... That Romney is a tit as far as I can tell (he was on the news again tonight shaking NutterYAHOOO's hand and telling him that he would "respect an attack on Iran by Israel"... Great guy....) and Obama seems to be massively unpopular (mainly for trying to implement universal healthcare from what I can gather, which I'm a bit confused about to be honest) but... Whatever, even if
Obama is totally incompetent (although, since when has that been an issue for you guys when it comes to electing someone for president... Didn't you re-elect Bush? He couldn't even form a coherent sentence
)
this is still totally inappropriate, insensitive and exploitative....
edit on 29-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join