It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nope ... both are murderers ... only difference is obama holds office and gives orders that cause thousands of innocent deaths ...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd be saying, "Yes, this is too much"

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez I have to say I am impressed with your complete and total reasonable view on this. It is disingenuous to attack him on this. Pro-war or anti-war the thing that has to be realized is Obama didn't start these wars, now many Americans just want us out of there yesterday but the unfortunate reality is that would have been impossible to do. First just cutting and running would have hurt the military's moral. You want to give them an exit that doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouth. Second just cutting and running would have destabilized the whole region impacting the entire world's economy. These are very much the same reasons the first Gulf War was ended when it was. And even then the most common sentiment of Americans was that we should have Invaded and ended Iraq then. In terms of foreign policy this President has done a fairly good job.

The whole Peace Prize thing was a joke when it happened and remains a joke to this day. But it was the prize committee that awarded it so the joke is really on them.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think politics is a dirty game and you take whatever shots you can.

The billboard isn't factually wrong. So therefore it can't be too much.

Sure perhaps it's in bad taste considering the emotional responses to the shooting and how fresh it still is in the current media cycle.

But it's kind of hillarious that Obama has been one of the most pro military Presidents in a while ( as far as using them) and he won a Nobel Peace Prize.

I mean, really?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by beezzer

Beez I have to say I am impressed with your complete and total reasonable view on this. It is disingenuous to attack him on this. Pro-war or anti-war the thing that has to be realized is Obama didn't start these wars, now many Americans just want us out of there yesterday but the unfortunate reality is that would have been impossible to do. First just cutting and running would have hurt the military's moral. You want to give them an exit that doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouth. Second just cutting and running would have destabilized the whole region impacting the entire world's economy. .

Your two reasons for having the U.S. remain in Afghanistan, for instance, occupying that country for no good reason, and murdering thousands of people, is that leaving would "destabilize" the country?! The country is destabilized. That's what invasion and murder does. It destabilizes. Your other reason was so profoundly absurd that you must have smashed your head into a TV set before you came up with it: If the U.S. leaves Afghanistan, then the moral of the invading army, will be "hurt"!?!?
So what?! They are the invading forces! Unbelievable...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think politics is a dirty game and you take whatever shots you can.

The billboard isn't factually wrong. So therefore it can't be too much.

Sure perhaps it's in bad taste considering the emotional responses to the shooting and how fresh it still is in the current media cycle.

But it's kind of hillarious that Obama has been one of the most pro military Presidents in a while ( as far as using them) and he won a Nobel Peace Prize.

I mean, really?

~Tenth

it isn't factually wrong but it is out of context. There are too many legitamate things to attack Obama on. Doing this dilutes, makes ineffective any future attacks.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

What I stated above, there are too many legitamate avenues to attack him on.

Economy.
foreign policy.
Unemployment.
Lack of transparency.

This?

Nope.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Being a war monger isn't a good thing to use against somebody in an election? To be fair the other candidate is just as bad a war monger and both sides seem to have no problem with extending America's Imperial Army into whatever country they desire granted, but still.

LIke I said, it's a big over exagerated, but it's certainly not too far off the logic train to be incorrect.

This IS mind you a dig at his foreign policy.

~Tenth
edit on 7/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Being a war monger isn't a good thing to use against somebody in an election? To be fair the other candidate is just as bad a war monger and both sides seem to have no problem with extending America's Imperial Army into whatever country they desire granted, but still.

LIke I said, it's a big over exagerated, but it's certainly not too far off the logic train to be incorrect.

This IS mind you a dig at his foreign policy.

~Tenth
edit on 7/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

But to compare his foreign policy to a nutweasel?

Put Stalin, Pol Pot on there, it'd be more relevent and factual.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No.

It's pretty much spot on but they should have started 40 years ago with the texas clocktower sniper Politicians/Bankers of that time.

People should have been waking up long ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

*sheesh*

I can't believe so many find the comparrison applicable!

I'm not going to defend Obama, but I feel the comparrison is off all the same.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ahh but it would not be as effective a marketing tool if you use something that brings up emotions from 50 years ago, as opposed to 8 minutes

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ahh but it would not be as effective a marketing tool if you use something that brings up emotions from 50 years ago, as opposed to 8 minutes

As a conservative, I'm all for Obama getting ousted November 6.

This cheap pandering to emotions cheapens an already cheap and tacky profession. I think it is beneath conservatives, is all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with this post.

Technically the billboard got it right ... and I LUV the Nobel Peace Prize jab.
Freedom of speech and it isn't false .. so it should be allowed.
At the same time it's in bad taste. It's insensitive to the dead and wounded and grieving.
I don't know how the victims would feel being used as a political football like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Nope ... both are murderers ... only difference is obama holds office and gives orders that cause thousands of innocent deaths ...

Originally posted by beezzer
I can't believe so many find the comparison applicable!
I'm not going to defend Obama, but I feel the comparison is off all the same.

Actually Holmes is "innocent until proven guilty" there has been no trial or conviction so this is clearly an unfair comparison and slander against Holmes.
edit on 28-7-2012 by KaiserSoze because: I was going to watch the new Batman film in Colorado, but I'm going to wait a few days for the crowds to die down.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i dont feel the 2 can even be compared two different things

i dont see why people are looking at obama like hes the root of all evil
obama cant just do whatever he wants other people have to vote for it

either way the billboard gets attention for controversial so im guessing the owners happy

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudieallover
i dont feel the 2 can even be compared two different things

i dont see why people are looking at obama like hes the root of all evil
obama cant just do whatever he wants other people have to vote for it

either way the billboard gets attention for controversial so im guessing the owners happy

He's not the root of all evil, he's the fruit of it.

What does this mean "obama cant just do whatever he wants other people have to vote for it"? He has spent 3 1/2 years doing just that. If you were from the US you would have heard of the "Czars" he has appointed over everything and the "executive orders" he has issued, no votes involved.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by beezzer

Beez I have to say I am impressed with your complete and total reasonable view on this. It is disingenuous to attack him on this. Pro-war or anti-war the thing that has to be realized is Obama didn't start these wars, now many Americans just want us out of there yesterday but the unfortunate reality is that would have been impossible to do. First just cutting and running would have hurt the military's moral. You want to give them an exit that doesn't leave a bad taste in their mouth. Second just cutting and running would have destabilized the whole region impacting the entire world's economy. These are very much the same reasons the first Gulf War was ended when it was. And even then the most common sentiment of Americans was that we should have Invaded and ended Iraq then. In terms of foreign policy this President has done a fairly good job.

The whole Peace Prize thing was a joke when it happened and remains a joke to this day. But it was the prize committee that awarded it so the joke is really on them.

he may not have started them ... but he damn sure has the power to end them ... instead he expanded them murduring thousands more with no end in site to the mass murder for profit by the u.s ... no amount of scrubbing will get the blood off obamas hands ...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

this billboard just shows the ignorance of america anymore.

sometimes i think its a shame the usa is going in the gutter, other times i think its well deserved.

i dont care if you hate obama, if you applaud this you have problems.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd be saying, "Yes, this is too much"

Then it goes to show you are too far gone my friend. The system and society has literally melted your brain to mush far beyond the point of coming back from the conditioning and brainwashing you have been led astray to believe was TRUTH.

When one thinks that comparing a man who is the (COMMANDER in CHIEF) of the worlds strongest military...the boss who gives the order to go to war and knows there will be horriffic deaths and crimes committed, hundreds maybe thousands of innocent men women and children murdered (as collateral damage) on illegal wars they wage for the sake of power, greed and control....

but you think "it's too much?"

WOW....is all i can say.

If holmes is the guy who did it..then he's a monster who gets what he deserves....but the administrations now and everyone before are all criminals manipulating their own selfmade and empowering laws who should all be held accountable for treason to say the least.....if you can't see how they are waaayyyy worse than this guy, and there's many more like you...then it's no wonder this country is done for.

Is it because of his big smile? please tell me

Sheep led to the slaughter we are.

Also why would anyone want to get obama on any of his other policies? it's the equivelent saying charge holmes with assault. A murderer is a murderer no matter how they commit their atrocity.
edit on 28/7/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join