It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trident Nuclear Arms Role For Private Firms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

How alarming is this ?

Privatising is the norm for conservative government but surely this is a measure for TPTB to pass the blame if a mistake happens to be made.

Or knowing some ATS members will this be just passed off as scaremongering and we have nothing to worry about?

I hope G4S dont have anything to do with it either. LOL
:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well well, sub contracting nuclear defence ......I think this is the stupidest idea ever.
Theres all kinds of security risks and safety concerns .
The goverment is showing us the way the corporations will become the next super powers......
E GADS!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Unless you know the specific tasks being doled out, might not have to worry too much. Might be bureaucratic desk-jockey jobs and janitors, rather than security and direct maintenance. The missiles and actual keys to them are still in the hands of the military.

On this side of the pond, you'll see civilians working with the military under GS (government services) contracts. My guess is that it's the guys keeping track of documentation and records, and logging parts and material usage which is necessary to keep those missiles in a state of readiness. If it's like the GS guys I remember, the majority of work is verifying and signing off forms, playing phone tag with defence contractor engineers and consultants, punching the rubber stamp, and doing data entry stuff.

Still, I don't blame you for wanting to keep an eye on things. Better to be vigilant than too relaxed.

new topics

join