It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't want to add to the hype and paranoia of the 2012 Olympics. Thats why this thread is called body language.

Anyways. I did find a few things unusual about the opening ceremony, that is the context of the opening ceremony itself. (It did not exactly portray Great Britain in the most positive manner)

But also the body language of the Royal Family, first I saw the newly weds and then the queen. None of them looked particularly pleased.

Perhaps I could say that maybe they know something that we don't. But in reality there is probably a lot of things they know and we don't.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I noticed that too...I also noticed this

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

As much as US is considered an Empire. The GB could just as easily be considered an empire.

In fact, there were many things in the opening ceremony that some might call western or American. However call me a stupid white boy but I think its a little bit creepy that the UK's national anthem is to the same tune as the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lol, it was the queens jubilee a few weeks back and she had a face of thunder when that was going on.

I just think that they would rather be in front of the TV watchin Corrie instead of doing something they're not bothered about (like most Brits, we'll be glad when the olympics is finished).

In fact the only good bit about the olympics so far is them getting the Korean flags mixed up

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Of course the ceremony was based on western ideology...It was rubbed in.I watched every country walk through for introductions(which was cool)and the biggest cheers were for Canada,USA,Great Britain,and maybe a little for Australia and France...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What is this, the Olympics?

I've been sooo fortunate thus far to have avoided any of it whatsoever. Praise be to Oompah Loompah.

You know if the queen smiles, an angel loses it's wings..

Plus I think her face falls off..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe they are just sick of reading so much about it. There has been more hype about the preparations for these stupid ass games than there will be for the games themselves.
Thousands of soldiers, warships in the Thames, missiles on rooftops, give me a break.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The Queen you mean?

Yeah, I can tell you why they look uncomfortable. She's sitting there thinking:

"..Look at all those countries I use to own..."

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

God Save the King/Queen was the national anthem LONG before we Americans changed the words to God Bless America. I myself find plagerisim shameful, not creepy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I noticed that too...I also noticed this

Well im no Nazi expert or anything but im pretty sure he's just waving like a huge dork instead of a Nazi Salute.

I dont think its proper it Salute with your left arm....But I could be wrong /shrug

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Did anyone else think that it was strange that the Queen was first introduced in French? at least I think that it was French...but why would an English Queen, in an English speaking country, be introduced in the French language first which was then translated into English?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The modern olympic games were re-invented by Pierre de Coubertin (french national) it's the tradition to speak french which is an hommage to the father of modern games, like it or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chizeled
Did anyone else think that it was strange that the Queen was first introduced in French? at least I think that it was French...but why would an English Queen, in an English speaking country, be introduced in the French language first which was then translated into English?

Because that's Olympic tradition, it doesn't matter what the country is.

When the Queen declared the games open she certainly didn't seem ecstatic.

new topics

top topics

join