It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the NSA register on my forum? Bounced NSA email!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

GnuPG is a program that decrypts text. I think NSA wants to have a chat with you. The key you found... you must import it unto your keyring once you have the program.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

While this is true, that pgp or the free gpg software will encrypt emails, typically they are used to "sign" email so you can check against their public key and verify the sender. It is not always used to encrypt, and it can also be faked. That, in itself, proves nothing,

Without full headers, and maybe even mail server logs, this is all just peeing into the wind.

Also, postmaster accounts aren't typically used for anything besides bounce backs and things such as reporting abuse. In fact, I wonder if this was actually a bounce back. Very easy to generate these. Sign up for a forum and enter your email address as a random @nsa.gov. The forum will send the activation email to the entered address, and if it doesn't exist you'll (the forum admin) typically get a bounce back from postmaster.

Am I the only long-time administrator on here? Seems like many of you don't understand how email works, or that there is essentially no security on most mail servers, outside of relaying denial and the occasional mail server that checks SPF records. All of this is easy to fake, and hell, all we have is the OPs word. No headers, no nothing.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Melen

I used this program. It does can decrypt and encrypt. As long as you have the keys, of course.

But thanks for explaining the e-mail process. Star for you, mate.

edit on 28-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If the forum doesn't verify the email address when entered, someone could have just entered that for grins.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
For those who have not been through this

Here is some info on the controversy surrounding the NSAKEY in the Windows OS. There will be many other web refs to it out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The NSA knows everything. Really. I would expect they know everything about everyone and have records on all digital information. I think they know a lot about corrupt government officials, corporations and the like as well... I actually know this for sure. I think they know more than some of the elite think, actually. I'm not sure what they do with their information, besides sit on it, though. But if that is the case, it is better than having an agenda imo.
edit on 28-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
could you be trying to get new members to your site by asking this question
knowing someone would ask for a link ?
Sorry Winston but I smell trolling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join